LOST

lenina

Community Member
Jun 25, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
dont know
My apologies if this has been posted on in the past. Nothing showed up in the search so I will go ahead and post.

Is there such a thing as an INFJ who liked the series LOST?

Cuz i really hate so much of that series. The only thing i liked about it is the actors. It's not their fault the script is shit and the story is chaotic and inexplicable.

So far the only reason I can believe that someone would like LOST, is exactly the reason i hate it - you never know what will happen next. For me the novelty of each episode came at the cost of continuity and logic of the series as a whole.

So... do any of you like LOST? and if so, why?

I loved it and wish it didn't end. I enjoyed the mystery, the guessing and the aha moments.

it is on netflix, and my husband is on season 3, it's been agonizing having it on in the background. [MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION] the aha moments have been few and far between at this point. [MENTION=3255]This[/MENTION] i have heard the ending was terrible, making it all the more irritating to watch something that i know will never offer me any closure. Why didn't you like the ending?

Why didn't you like the ending?

I felt like it was a cop out so they didn't have to tie anything up. Part of what I enjoyed about the show was the historical references they used and it all ended up being meaningless.

Reactions: lenina
[MENTION=3255]This[/MENTION] i think to like LOST ppl have to be those 'like the journey' rather than 'like the ending' folks. It's just gotten such a high rating on IMDB and Rotten Tomato, im having trouble making sense of it all.

I really liked it...I thought the first two seasons were great....the middle two were pretty boring, but then it got good again for the last few seasons....until I saw the ending. The ending ruined the whole thing. It was obviouisly not a well thought out show, but it entertained me for years, so I can't complain.

I am indeed the kind of person who enjoys the journey. I find books and tv a great escape from reality and sometimes because of my INF status I get TOO wrapped up in the story! ahah.

Reactions: lenina
thanks for the link [MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION].

to any one interested, turn out the story editors of LOST changed throughout the series,the first two season done by one person, the next few by another and not sure what happened in the last season. LOST does not make sense. and i think that is why people liked it. the mystery and novelty of it all. battlestar galactica on the other hand....epic :)

I never got into it.

I do remember seeing some of the first episode (getting sucked into a plane engine?) but I can't commit to long-running TV shows like that so I didn't bother watching any more. I've heard good things, though, and thought I could check it out. I still don't know what the ending was or anything that happened in it so I could still get around to it one day. It's way down on the list, mind.

I like the show for the fact that many of the characters are unlikeable and inherently human.

But that final season was pretty damn weird.