Let's make fun of philosophers | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Let's make fun of philosophers

But practically all elite Greek men were pederasts at the time, except maybe the Spartans (though I might be wrong about that).

I don't know about Spartan pederasty, but weren't they bisexuals?

But practically all elite Greek men were pederasts at the time, except maybe the Spartans (though I might be wrong about that).
If that's true, at least the Spartans weren't disgusting in that most horrible way.

Ancient Athens should have been burned to the ground.

This isn't the set up to a joke. Now, what's the difference between a pedophile and a pederast?
Age mostly - pederasty is strictly post-puberty, and in ancient Greece there was a concept of consent in most of the states to determine its legality.

If that's true, at least the Spartans weren't disgusting in that most horrible way.

Ancient Athens should be burned to the ground.
Well I just looked it up, and though the Spartans seem to have been more disparaging of the practice, it was nonetheless institutionalised.

Ancient Athens should be in the British Museum where it belongs, with the rest of it.

I think syphilis is only one hypothesis. Maybe @Sidis Coruscatis has got all the facts

There's an entire essay analyzing that he actually had brain cancer. And also that pederasts only diddle boys.

I'm profoundly uncreative so I'm just gonna post this comic which I'm sure you already know, but it's funny anyway.
worldcup_1.jpg

worldcup_2.jpg

worldcup_3.jpg

worldcup_4.jpg

Age mostly - pederasty is strictly post-puberty, and in ancient Greece there was a concept of consent in most of the states to determine its legality.

Well I just looked it up, and though the Spartans seem to have been more disparaging of the practice, it was nonetheless institutionalised.

Ancient Athens should be in the British Museum where it belongs, with the rest of it.
Lmao, just because Prince Phillip is Greek that doesn't make his history yours.

@Pin

Foucault said: "let's forget about les mots and focus on les choses".

I say: "let's forget about pedophiles and focus on teasing great minds!"

@Pin

Foucault said: "let's forget about les mots and focus on les choses".

I say: "let's forget about pedophiles and focus on teasing great minds!"
Didn't Foucault like to get spanked with paddles? I know he was really into BDSM right?

Didn't Foucault like to get spanked with paddles? I know he was really into BDSM right?

This just sounds like frat bro shit, which might be worse for his image.

David Hume wrote tons of philosophy just to say philosophy is garbage. Couldn't he have just done STEM?

Reactions: Pin and Ren
David Hume wrote tons of philosophy just to say philosophy is garbage. Couldn't he have just done STEM?

Ooooh. Not fair as far as I can tell. Expand on your point!