Resident palindrome
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 21, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
This thread is for music. Not just any music. Let's build a playlist for Erik, who is staying up late with his beautiful newborn and for anyone else who needs a pensive, smooth, and hopeful soundscape.

This is so wonderful. Hits me right where I’m at today. Pensive, a bit of minor key, but smooth, cinematic, and hopeful. Feels like an appropriate soundscape for a night up with a restless newborn.

Pieter Nooten and Michael Brook – “Searching” – 1987

for father and child when the evening hour yields to lapis lazuli, indigo, and ultramarine, and the stars twinkle as does her eyes—for cherubs descend such that we may see by their gift of light and know blessedness and grace.

idk why but I feel like this belongs here, though it's more up tempo so sorry for that.
I'm an up tempo kinda guy. It's a good message.
Just play this earlier in the evening :laughing:

This one's a little slower

Last edited:
Guys — what we have going on here with this playlist is bomb!

i sent my wife to bed early last night as she only got an hour or so of sleep the night before. I stayed up late between feedings getting baby bottles in and out of the dishwasher. This playlist was a soothing companion and so meaningful to listen to. Because of the soundscapes, but also because they came from you. Thank you :)

@Asa , I didn’t get through all of the sets you posted — as they are wonderfully long! — but Night City, and Dark Arabic Beats, are amazing and sublime.

Last edited:
Guys — what we have going on here with this playlist is bomb!

i sent my wife to bed early last night as she only got an hour or so of sleep the night before. I stayed up late between feedings getting baby bottles in and out of the dishwasher. This playlist was a soothing companion and so meaningful to listen to. Because of the soundscapes, but also because they came from you. Thank you :)

@Asa , I didn’t get through all of the sets you posted — as they are wonderfully long! — but Night City, and Dark Arabic Beats, are amazing and sublime.

So happy the forum contributions are helping you through these endless nights that will be over too soon. Don't worry about listening to everything. You're a little bit busy. The point is for something to spark your interest and take you where you need to go, musically.

Hopefully @Elder will contribute when she is around. She has good taste in soothing/inspiring sounds.

Hopefully @Elder will contribute when she is around. She has good taste in soothing/inspiring sounds.

Well, thank you for the compliment! I don't know how true it is, but I will do some thinking about what might be a good contribution.

My contribution. It came quickly. It was my affirmation song last year. It is beautiful and gentle. As I listen again, I think its storybook quality also fits with a dad up late with his daughter. Enjoy!

Cocteau Twins – “Lazy Calm” long version

Cocteau Twins – “Pur”

I’m glad you are a girl
I’m pleased to know you
I like you for you
I’m happy you’re growing up

Reach and you won’t lose me
Destroy the objective, but still sur-vur-vive
You are angry and that’s okay

Forgetful or pretending
Tired, ill, or angry, or cold
More assured of what to do
But I do care for you (What a beautiful gift for me)

Reach and you won’t lose me
Destroy the objective, but still survive
You are angry and that’s okay... yes
I am not afraid of your anger
What do you need? What do you want?
I love you and I know that you can figure it out