the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Who among you keeps up with world events and how has the knowledge of knowing what is going on in the world helped you make decisions in your day to day? Like, do you ever think "man there's a war in Iraq, I better get some milk today." Or " another wedding party blown to bits, I better stay away from the county fair." What is really the point of being informed? I feel like if I wasn't in the military in my youth then world events would be of little consequence to me.

I know too much. It affects my happiness.

I have supplies enough to survive past when everyone else dies from starvation because the food runs out in the stores. But yeah, the world economy is on the brink in part fueled by our current ruler in chief. Just waiting to wake up in the morning and hear that everything has collapsed.

The idea of a democracy is that the public are supposed to be involved in the political process

The more involved they are the more their will will be reflected in the corridors of power (eg switzerland where the public take regular votes on all sorts of issues)

The less involved the public are the less their interests will be reflected in the political decision making

So the US was born when the entire populace rose up and threw out the british central banking system which wanted to tax the colonies heavily

So at the very start of the history of the US the public was HEAVILY involved in the political situation and that threw out the tyrannical british government (owned and controlled by the central bankers)

But since then a lot of US americans have turned off from politics and they have sat back whilst their leaders like Lincoln and Kennedy have been assassinated by the central bankers

They sat back and allowed the formation of the federal reserve central bank and the IRS

And because the people have sat back more and more their entire political system has been taken over by the corporations and especially the central bankers

These bankers have then bought and paid for politicians and have got them to pass laws which favour them at the expense of the public who have found their wealth eroded more and more with many now dependent on food banks

There are signs that younger generations who are now being told they will inherit an 'age of austerity' are using the internet to get more informed about what is going on in the world and this is leading to a rapid growth in activism of many forms

Once people are aware of how things work they can't be made unaware and what they know will inform their behaviours whether political or economic etc

We are seeing a waking up of the public and as the older and less informed generations pass on the younger and more informed generations will be unlikely to put up with the same sort of crap that their parents put up with from the government and the corporations

Last edited:
I watch the local news, that's it. My other half keeps up to date on world affairs if needed. He is my filter.

I love my little town and work really hard to protect it but cannot participate in de-individualising others, as is my final analysis of most political ideals. I don't have the level of detachment needed and I'm ok with this. Plus, politicians all look equally dodgy to me bar a couple.

Older and less informed generations my ass, @muir. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by that?

As someone with strong prey drive, I keep up with my surroundings. I have good temperament and process the data quite well. Why???
Someone has to do it, [MENTION=731]the[/MENTION].

I could say something negative about the younger generations, but don't quite see the investment in that. I think some people are called to keep up with some things, while others keep up with other things. Some keep up with nothings but themselves.

Last edited:
Older and less informed generations my ass, @muir. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by that?

As someone with strong prey drive, I keep up with my surroundings. I have good temperament and process the data quite well. Why???
Someone has to do it, @the .

I could say something negative about the younger generations, but don't quite see the investment in that. I think some people are called to keep up with some things, while others keep up with other things. Some keep up with nothings but themselves.

I simply mean that the younger generation are growing up with the internet which gives many people the inside scoop on the corruption of the financial system and the government

I think there is a growing awareness among the public of what is going on

We have seen massive protests all around the world, most recently in Hong kong and the protests often have a youthful flavour to them

There are two main reasons for this. Firstly because as i mentioned the internet generations are increasingly aware of how things work and secondly because they are growing up in a world where they are ioncreasingly dissenfranchised

The older generation has dropped the ball to a certain extent and theres no point in the older generation trying to be critical of the younger generation because do you know whose responsibility it was to raise the younger generation...thats right...it was the older generation

So any failings on the part of the younger generation is a failing on the part of the older generation

But one thing i've noticed about the older generation who lived through the boom times of cheap and easy credit and consumerism where they polluted the environment with reckless abandonment and in which they enabled the corporation to supreme power is that they have an aversion to taking responsibility of any kind

All they seem to worry about is their pensions and their next foreign holiday and so it falls to the younger generations to tackle all the problems that have been passed down to them

Someone has to do it, @the.

You may as well come out and say it at this point. No sense in hiding behind political correctness.

Older less informed generations. Now that is funny. Is that in contrast to the younger programed generations thanks to our school system promoting ideals and not historical facts? I am very informed. Too f'ing informed.

I simply mean that the younger generation are growing up with the internet which gives many people the inside scoop on the corruption of the financial system and the government

We have seen massive protests all around the world, most recently in Hong kong and the protests often have a youthful flavour to them

There are two main reasons for this. Firstly because as i mentioned the internet generations are increasingly aware of how things work and secondly because they are growing up in a world where they are ioncreasingly dissenfranchised

The older generation has dropped the ball to a certain extent and theres no point in the older generation trying to be critical of the younger generation because do you know whose responsibility it was to raise the younger generation...thats right...it was the older generation

So any failings on the part of the younger generation is a failing on the part of the older generation

But one thing i've noticed about the older generation who lived through the boom times of cheap and easy credit and consumerism where they polluted the environment with reckless abandonment and in which they enabled the corporation to supreme power is that they have an aversion to taking responsibility of any kind

All they seem to worry about is their pensions and their next foreign holiday and so it falls to the younger generations to tackle all the problems that have been passed down to them

Ill admit the Internet is a great communication tool. But the idea that its just chalked full of truth and insight actually has me chuckling inside right now.

Older less informed generations. Now that is funny. Is that in contrast to the younger programed generations thanks to our school system promoting ideals and not historical facts? I am very informed. Too f'ing informed.

Informed to the point of inaction.

A coworker told me she read that the US Gov was killing old people with something hidden in the Flu shots. She told me I was crazy to think that it was not happening. The woman is fifty if she is a day.

My mom is 84 and gets a flu shot every year as do I and my family.

I choose to believe that the medical community is honestly trying to improve the health of the population by improving the health of each individual that they treat. Am I crazy?

I choose to believe that the majority of scientifically trained professionals, be they Drs, Engineers, Pilots, Chemists, Biologists, Mathematicians or what have you, are not engaged in genocidal plots to kill and subjugate vast portions of the worlds population. Am I crazy?

A coworker told me she read that the US Gov was killing old people with something hidden in the Flu shots. She told me I was crazy to think that it was not happening. The woman is fifty if she is a day.

I choose to believe that the medical community is honestly trying to improve the health of the population by improving the health of each individual that they treat. Am I crazy?

I choose to believe that the majority of scientifically trained professionals, be they Drs, Engineers, Pilots, Chemists, Biologists, Mathematicians or what have you, are not engaged in genocidal plots to kill and subjugate vast portions of the worlds population. Am I crazy?
I will say this. The government has grains as part of their food groups that you need daily not because they are healthy but because its easier to feed the population grain than it is other items like meat.
The government does NOT have your best interest at heart.

Ill admit the Internet is a great communication tool. But the idea that its just chalked full of truth and insight actually has me chuckling inside right now.

It absolutely is but it depends how you use it

If you go into a public library and then just read comic books then how much are you going to learn?

The internet is the same

I'm not saying people shouldn't enjoy entertainment but i think if a person focuses solely on entertainment then they're not going to be very informed

The info is out there

Informed to the point of inaction.

You need to zoom out a bit

Look at the global picture

There is increasing protest and it is increasing in intensity and in frequency

The forces driving that protest are only going to get worse so the protest will increase

We're only seeing the beginning of this thing

There are countries and regions looking to break away at the moment from countries or groups of countries

Decentralisation is going to become more and more a driving force...stay tuned!

Reactions: the

I doubt that most of the medical community know whats in the flu shot

Most of them will be just like you...going along out of trust

But the flu shot contained and still contains a toxin (thimerosol)

[video=youtube;Tq8cUxiaAsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8cUxiaAsw[/video]

This may be difficult for all you young folk, but there was life before computers. There was shared intel before computers. Any shortcomings I have are those of my own. I don't blame another generation for them. It would be different if the information on the internet were always true, but it is not. People twist and turn things and use people to try and overthrow governments.

What I was going to say? I don't see enough young people in public that impress me enough to cover the entire generation. I work kids that check their facebook account while I turn my head. People are stuck on their cell phones most of the time. I hunted and fished.....read and studied. How is that Arab Spring working out for you, muir, in Syria. Almost got away with it. Wait til the world realizes Hamas and ISIS are the one and the same snake.

I cannot stand to see a person continually try to run down the older generations so they can brainwash people into believing their garbage. I was young once, and smart. I saw a lot I did not like, but tried to implement change within so people could see what was wrong and actually want to help change it. Let every soul be subject to the higher powers...

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible
This may be difficult for all you young folk, but there was life before computers. There was shared intel before computers. Any shortcomings I have are those of my own. I don't blame another generation for them. It would be different if the information on the internet were always true, but it is not. People twist and turn things and use people to try and overthrow governments.

What I was going to say? I don't see enough young people in public that impress me enough to cover the entire generation. I work kids that check their facebook account while I turn my head. People are stuck on their cell phones most of the time. I hunted and fished.....read and studied. How is that Arab Spring working out for you, muir, in Syria. Almost got away with it. Wait til the world realizes Hamas and ISIS are the one and the same snake.

I cannot stand to see a person continually try to run down the older generations so they can brainwash people into believing their garbage. I was young once, and smart. I saw a lot I did not like, but tried to implement change within so people could see what was wrong and actually want to help change it. Let every soul be subject to the higher powers...

ISIS and Hamas both have their origins in the CIA and Mossad

I'm just making an observation that the problems have happened during the time of the older generation who have allowed consumerism to reach sickeningly vacuous levels and that is the world the young are born into

The change will have to come from the young...i don't see the older generation doing it

ISIS and Hamas both have their origins in the CIA and Mossad

I'm just making an observation that the problems have happened during the time of the older generation who have allowed consumerism to reach sickeningly vacuous levels and that is the world the young are born into

The change will have to come from the young...i don't see the older generation doing it

Change will come from above, as the world's population continues its descent into the maelstrom. If you point a finger at someone else, you are pointing four fingers at yourself. It shows little understanding and evokes selfishness. If I ignore you, you will further pollute the people that read your posts.

ISIS and HAMAS are radical Islam. They seek the things you seek, muir.

Change will come from above, as the world's population continues its descent into the maelstrom. If you point a finger at someone else, you are pointing four fingers at yourself. It shows little understanding and evokes selfishness. If I ignore you, you will further pollute the people that read your posts.

ISIS and HAMAS are radical Islam. They seek the things you seek, muir.

Utter nonsense!

Your statements show what a total lack of understanding you have of the situation

The chaos is coming from ABOVE

Radical islam is the creation of the west....learn your history...we have funded them, trained, provoked them, destabilised them, invaded them, committed atrocities against them, occupied them, filled their lands with our troops, stolen their resources, destroyed their infrastructure and poisoned their children

You prove my point about failing to take any responsibility and its because your generation has been so totally brainwashed to believe the government and to salute the flag that you have become blind to the lies

The US isn't bombing ISIS its bombing syrian infrastructure and grain silos...ISIS is the justification for going for Assad....they want Assad, they always wanted Assad and they will lie to you to try and achieve it because they need you to be ignorant in order to support their crimes against humanity

Last edited:
Sunni and Shia fighting together against ISIS in Iraq tells me you are so very wrong. You must support radical Islam. Back on the ignore list for you so I can try to enjoy this forum. Try reading Kissinger's new book for a better perspective of what is really happening. The world bombs ISIS and what does Assad do? He bombs the rebels in the East.
The 9 Biggest Myths About ISIS Debunked

The Huffington Post | By Andrew Hart

Posted: 09/30/2014 10:06 am EDT Updated: 10/01/2014 8:59 am EDT

British Muslims send a clear message to #IS #ISIS sectarian murderers -- #notinmyname pic.twitter.com/i84K9jDQ1h
— Murtaza Ali Shah (@MurtazaGeoNews) September 17, 2014

MYTH 4: ISIS HAS NO OBJECTIVE
Despite ISIS' craven tactics and irrational aims, the group is not acting without motives and strategies. Its goal is to establish a caliphate -- an Islamic state obedient to its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
It has worked to this end by waging jihad in a fashion that captivates attention, exploits fears, woos disaffected communities, takes advantage of weaknesses in the region, spreads its message, enlists new recruits, and adds wealth and resources. If ISIS is mad, it is mad like a fox.

ISIS reveals the map of its intended state. So far, it includes, #Iraq, #Syria, #Jordan, #Israel, and #Kuwait. pic.twitter.com/Hx9NvXNIA4
— Ali H. Soufan (@Ali_H_Soufan) June 12, 2014

MYTH 5: ISIS IS POISED TO INFILTRATE THE U.S. VIA MEXICO
Politicians, including Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R), Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.), Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), and Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), and media reports have claimed recently that the U.S.-Mexico border could, and potentially already has, been used as a U.S. entry point for ISIS forces. However, the allegations aren’t holding up. Franks’ claim that ISIS is presently in Mexico is highly unlikely, according to fact-checker Politifact. Top security officials said the U.S. has no evidence ISIS agents are crossing the U.S. border with Mexico, and there was no indication that it intends to do so. The Mexican government called the idea "absurd."
MYTH 6: ISIS IS INVINCIBLE
Despite ISIS victories in Iraq and Syria, and the ineptitude of the Iraqi military to stop its advance, analysts argue it is not unstoppable.
Daveed Gartenstein-Ross, a scholar and senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, argued that ISIS' "strategy is a mess," because it has has surrounded itself with enemies. Gartenstein-Ross and William McCants, a scholar of militant Islamism, both have noted that in declaring the Islamic State caliphate, ISIS has hinged its credibility on an unsustainable idea.
Vox's Zach Beauchamp wrote that there are geographic and demographic limits that will keep ISIS from becoming an unstoppable force.
In addition, the group's brutal tactics could alienate allies and potential conscripts, and may prevent it from wider public support.
Daily Beast reporter Jacob Siegel said he sees signs of tension within the ranks of ISIS that could lead to the group's self-destruction.
And the U.S. and other opponents of ISIS believe the group can be contained to its former manifestation as a "rural insurgency," a strategy outlined by Michael Knights, a fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.
o-ISLAMIC-STATE-VERIFIED-570.jpg

Image posted on a militant website in June 2014, appears to show ISIS militants with captured Iraqi soldiers after taking over a base in Tikrit, Iraq. (AP Photo via militant website, File)
MYTH 7: ISIS IS JUST A REGIONAL PROBLEM
Wouldn't this be convenient if true? Obama has stressed that if ISIS were to establish a permanent foothold in the Middle East, American interests would be at risk.
First, ISIS has stated it aspires to extend its caliphate beyond Syria and Iraq.
In addition, there are hundreds of American troops in Iraq, and U.S.-linked oil companies are based in the northern Iraq region of Kurdistan.
A Middle East in the grips of ISIS may also become an incubator for attacks directed at targets outside of the region, noted Michael Singh of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.
Through its command of social media and propaganda, ISIS has sought to inspire and recruit beyond the borders of Iraq and Syria. Analysts estimate there are thousands of Westerners among ISIS' ranks, including Americans. U.S. officials said they fear ISIS may launch attacks in the U.S. and other Western nations as it broadens targets. There also is concern that ISIS’ Western recruits may return to the U.S., an Obama administration official acknowledged.
Finally, ISIS has beheaded two American journalists, a British aid worker, Lebanese soldiers, and others in Iraq and Syria. ISIS is believed to be holding more Westerners and journalists hostage. A separate extremist group in Algeria beheaded a French hostage last week over France’s participation in the campaign against ISIS.

Undated image shows a fighter of the Islamic State group waving their flag from inside a captured government fighter jet following the battle for the Tabqa air base, in Raqqa, Syria. (AP Photo/ Raqqa Media Center of the Islamic State group)
MYTH 8: THE RISE OF ISIS IS OBAMA'S FAULT
The "blame Obama" argument focuses on the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq in 2011, and the American president’s hesitancy to intervene in the Syrian civil war.
Critics argue that if the U.S. had kept a larger military presence in Iraq, ISIS would not have been able to rebound after incurring heavy losses in 2006.
The argument that President Barack Obama blew it by not supporting moderate rebel forces in Syria earlier in the civil war was recently fueled by Hillary Clinton, the former secretary of state and likely 2016 presidential candidate, in an interview with The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg. Clinton told Goldberg, "The failure to help build up a credible fighting force of the people who were the originators of the protests against Assad -- there were Islamists, there were secularists, there was everything in the middle -- the failure to do that left a big vacuum, which the jihadists have now filled."
Yet the rise of ISIS is a product of many factors. Focusing only on the presence of U.S. forces in Iraq or Obama's hesitancy to intervene in Syria fails to acknowledge other important developments that affected ISIS and the world's failure to contain it, including:
-- The government of former Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki gave the U.S. little choice on leaving American troops in Iraq.
-- Despite its size and strength, the Iraqi military's fight against ISIS was plagued by missteps.
-- ISIS took advantage of bitter tensions between Iraq's Shia and Sunni Muslims.
-- Maliki's government in Iraq kicked the country's Sunnis to the curb. ISIS seized on the Sunnis' great discontent, and took up a sectarian war against the Shia.
-- ISIS efforts to win public support included creating community programs, charming local children, distributing propaganda, and providing relief for suffering communities.
-- Some experts are skeptical that deeper U.S. involvement in the Syrian civil war would have prevented the rise of ISIS. They say the nature of the battles in Syria and the ragtag composition of the rebel forces likely would have limited the extent that U.S. assistance would have made a dent in the growth of ISIS.

Undated image posted in August 2014 by a Syrian opposition group shows ISIS fighters waving the group's flag from a damaged display of a government fighter jet following the battle for the Tabqa air base, in Raqqa, Syria. (AP Photo/ Raqqa Media Center of the Islamic State group)
MYTH 9: SEN. JOHN MCCAIN MET WITH ISIS
"@CountryStandard: Senator John McCain held secret meetings with ISIS in Syria pic.twitter.com/eZVUWOsZxZ”"
Goh.
— unknown soldier (@cmfuentez) August 30, 2014

Another wild claim bouncing around the Internet links ISIS and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a vocal proponent of escalating the U.S. response to the militants. It started with a photo McCain posted online of a meeting with Free Syrian Army fighters during a 2013 trip to Syria. The photo was later inaccurately framed as showing McCain meeting ISIS militants and posted on social media and conspiracy theory blogs. From there, speculation grew, suggesting McCain had a role in ISIS’ creation, and had a relationship with ISIS leader al-Baghdadi, with photoshopped images of McCain pinning a medal on the chest of the ISIS leader as evidence. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) propelled the McCain-ISIS conspiracy in an interview with The Daily Beast, saying, "Here’s the problem. He [Sen. John McCain] did meet with ISIS, and had his picture taken, and didn’t know it was happening at the time."
The theory has been thoroughly discredited. According to The Washington Post's fact-checker, "there is zero evidence that any of the men that McCain met with in Syria are linked to the Islamic State." The rebels who were portrayed as ISIS fighters were, in fact, members of the Free Syrian Army, who oppose both ISIS and Syrian President Assad. Also on The Huffington Post

Close

Crisis In Iraq