Just another INFJ/ISTP situation | INFJ Forum

Just another INFJ/ISTP situation

Sep 12, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Hi, I'd love some advice about this ISTP i've known for almost a year now. We were dating for about a month and a half when we first met and he ended things abruptly because he had just gotten out of a relationship and said he wasn't emotionally available.

A couple of months later, he came back into my life and now we've been hanging out for about three months. Sometimes its great, we hang out about once a week, and it feels like it's progressing. We've gone to shows together, spent the day together and he's definitely opened up, but right when I get a feeling that things are going good, I won't see him or speak to him for a week or more.

We haven't had any conversations about 'us,' as I've been trying to let myself go with the flow (something I admire about him) and try to judge him from his actions. Unfortunately, his actions aren't exactly consistent.

Does anyone have any insight into the beginning of a relationship with an ISTP? Is this normal? What was the contact and hang outs like (especially how much time you saw one another when things first started.) Any tips on what I should say to him, as I know at this point I need some kind of reassurance from him. I don't necessarily need things to become a serious BF/GF situation, but I do need to know that it is 'something' and not 'nothing' ... and that even if slowly, things are moving forward.

Thanks !