Jennifer Connelly | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Jennifer Connelly

When she's over-acting as the spoiled teenage girl, I'll grant you it's pretty bad. But what about that ballroom scene? Every subtle expression on her face encapsulates the fascination, disgust, desire, and fear that a young woman experiences as her sexuality awakens. That scene gives me chills every time.

I paid more attention to the tone of voice and that never really gets into character. I never really noticed her sexuality awakening...

Off topic - I first saw Labyrinth when I was in junior high, never knew who David Bowie was before then, and oh did I want to BE "Sarah" and have the goblin king take me away and do very naughty things...

Sounds like Der Erlkönig.

Funny you should mention that. I read a Labyrinth crossover webcomic, and in the current story arc, Jareth's father is Erlkönig.

Jim Henson knew his folklore and mythology. There are tons of parallels with other stories in the movie.

I just read some of the poem. It really hits home that. I think part of the reason the Labyrinth resonates with me is that most of my childhood fears and fantasies were more or less like that---full of strange creatures with selfish plans, kidnappings through the window, mysterious creatures that nobody else could see, my parents being unable to protect me. It all shows up in there.