Jana's First Aid For Broken Hearts:) | INFJ Forum

Jana's First Aid For Broken Hearts:)

For moderators: I put it on this subforum because of connection with relationships, but if you think it's better, you can put it somewhere else:)

yus/ still does

I thought you didn't have a heart, Tin Man? All of my illusions are shattered Shai Gar.*smirk*

Me, I need a professional glass blower to fix my heart. It broke into so many pieces I do believe its technically sand again. Just as well, I'm a clumsy girl with delicate and important things anyway. I need something ugly and cumbersome made of stone.

I was hopeful at the sight of this thread. Now I'm severely disappointed. (Sigh) Story of my life.

Hee, am *I* the Scarecrow? You might be right for there isn't a brain in my pretty little head. Its easier on my long skinny neck that way. Brains are overrated.

I liked the second link :)
my friends and I sang that one downtown out of nowhere for a freind of mine when we found out that she broke up with her bf, it was a pretty sight, people would pass by and smile hahaha

this definitely did the trick for me,thanks for sharing =)

I was hopeful at the sight of this thread. Now I'm severely disappointed. (Sigh) Story of my life.

We share that story (and I've got feeling there is more people with similar stories:).
But, it will pass!

Jana's right though. Happy music can work wonders for melancholy, whether heartache or otherwise.

I guess it's easy to wallow in our misery and indulge in songs that speak the exact feelings we have, to validate them and allow us to wallow in our self-pity. I have noticed though, that if I stick some ridiculously jolly or empowering song on I can't stay in my sorrow-bubble too long. I seem to have a curse by which any danceable beat invades my body and gets me grooving, and farewell to whatever foul mood preceded it.

I actually disagree. I've found music that echoes how I'm feeling to make me feel better. So sad or melancholic music makes me realise I'm not alone and there are people worse off then me. It's always works. Happy music when I'm not feeling happy makes me feel worse.

This actually made me LOL. And it put me in a better mood.

I think I'm with Yield on this one, though. Sometimes when you're down in the deepest dumps, the last thing you want to hear is somebody who is upbeat and happy. You just need to rage. I think that the happy music starts to come in handy only once you've had a chance to mourn the relationship and feel a bit sorry for yourself.

Here's the song that always puts me in a good mood.

[youtube] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6lm62pjPYcQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6lm62pjPYcQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube]

It doesn't haunt me. Inside, I smirk with derision those who carry that joke on. It's 5 years old, and it was created to make fun of the INTPs who love drama but hide behind pretentiousness.