ISFP not interested or just introverted? | INFJ Forum

ISFP not interested or just introverted?

Dec 16, 2014
MBTI
????
Hi - I have a question for the ISFP. There is a ISFP guy that I am fond of. He showed interest and exchanged contact info with me when we met. We hit it off great and chatted through messaging back and forth for a while. I tried to be consistent and showed interest with subtle flirting. However things started becoming less frequent and eventually he stopped initiating. When I initiate though, he would still reply with the same amount of attention and quality, asking questions and keeping the conversation going. I know he is in a difficult patch in his life right now because he became unemployed recently. I guess my question is, do you think he is interested but just bad timing/passive with communication, or did he lose interest?

Last edited:
I think losing his job could definitely stunt his confidence.

How do you know he is an ISFP?

Thanks for the input! He told me himself. Also he resigned by choice so would that still have the same effect on his confidence? Do you think he will come around or should I move on?

If it was any other guy I would have concluded lack of interest and moved on, but I always wonder if the typical guy dating behaviour applies to ISFP.

Any type of guy could do what he does.
It means he probably isn't as interested in you as you are in him. But that doesn't mean he can't still be interested. On the other side, he might just be polite and not interested at all.
We can't tell with this little information. I suggest you try to find out yourself. You can even just ask him, although that might be too direct for your taste.