Is this Ni? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is this Ni?

No, you’re officially ENTJ now. :D

Was Monet really of that type though? Hmm...
LOL ... no, I don't want to. ;)
I believe Monet was a very talented soul. ♡ I've tried and tried to paint in his impressionistic style and find it very difficult for me. All those brush strokes! I'm more of a realist and get into the gritty little details of a painting. Now fabric or mixed media I'm all about abstractions. :D

So I found an excellent video explaining Ni. The video is great, but I want to know if you identify with its description?

It seems to me that these guys are isolating and amplifying Ni by choosing examples of people who use it, but have no great skill at blending it healthily with other essential functions. This is similar to the way Jung described the functions in his book Psychological Types - by describing the way some of his patients presented.

Ni is like having your own inbuilt tarot pack - it turns up the cards OK, sometimes when you shuffle and deal, and sometimes all by itself. You then have to put work and judgement into it or it remains just a set of weird symbols on your inner card table, and you can just lose yourself in there. This is not very surprising really because sight works by analogy in a very similar way, and what it presents to us needs a similar combination of other senses and functions to be of any value.

tumblr_n472ikJeNP1qfbt7io1_1280.jpg
What the fuck is this?

That's general pattern making though, irrespective of specific cognitive functions.
Though yeah, I can see the link with patterns etc.

01.jpg

Try this one. I currently have no solution for it, though. Eager to know.

Anyone wanna join solving this one out? Could be interesting to try pattern making out.

As a starters:

We got: Yellow balls, White squares, Blue squares
YB: 1,3,7,9 -> 1,2,5,7
WS: 1,3,5,7,9 -> 1,3,5,7,9
BS: 2,4,6,8 -> 2,4,6,8

I'd assume the white squares and blue squares are moving the yellow balls, then from the second to the third, the yellow balls have an impact on the squares.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
That's general pattern making though, irrespective of specific cognitive functions.
Though yeah, I can see the link with patterns etc.

01.jpg

Try this one. I currently have no solution for it, though. Eager to know.

Im stumped. I tried converting the lines and squares to binary, and then to decimal in about 9 different ways. No luck. I've tried converting each of the squares into hexadecimal and then into decimal. No luck. I tried changing the squares into a coordinate system in 100 different ways, no luck again. Last thing I tried was converting the squares and the lines into polynomial equations; but that didn't work either.

All I can say definitively is that the color of the squares is completely irrelevant. I forgot how I figured it out though. If anyone has an answer, i would love to hear your explanation.

Is it right?

I just took the pattern of the top row and applied it to the bottom, which are not related. It's the opposite of the far left pattern matching the opposites in the middle, and capping off the end of the second row.

It could be wrong, but wanted to take a stab at it for shits 'n giggles

Can you explain what you mean? I don't really understand what you mean by "Its the opposite of the far left pattern matching the opposites in the middle".

Reactions: dragulagu
Im stumped. I tried converting the lines and squares to binary, and then to decimal in about 9 different ways. No luck. I've tried converting each of the squares into hexadecimal and then into decimal. No luck. I tried changing the squares into a coordinate system in 100 different ways, no luck again. Last thing I tried was converting the squares and the lines into polynomial equations; but that didn't work either.

All I can say definitively is that the color of the squares is completely irrelevant. I forgot how I figured it out though. If anyone has an answer, i would love to hear your explanation.
Lol they are meant to be difficult, got more coming after this one. Haven't got an answer myself so far, I'm afraid.
I don't think any kind of binary conversion and such should be used in these kind of tests, because that's already specific knowledge.

I just took the pattern of the top row and applied it to the bottom, which are not related. It's the opposite of the far left pattern matching the opposites in the middle, and capping off the end of the second row.
Far left pattern is C1C2B3A3, and the opposite would be A1B1C2C3.
Not following the logic either here Maikl, which pattern exaclty? (or step by step)