Irritated By People Who Waste My Time | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Irritated By People Who Waste My Time

I have noticed an interesting trend in my personality lately. Not only have I become more cynical and a defensive pessimist but I also seem irritated by anyone who wastes my time - and I don't mean in dating only.

I find myself being angry with telemarketers who waste minutes of my time asking me to verify things and how I am, blah blah. I also get irritated when I apply for a job and the recruiters don't get back to me or get back to me very late. Same with friends who take forever to reply to messages and calls and people who waste my time with boring stories of what their kids did etc.

In general my concept of time (I am 33) has taken precedence and I find that most things one has to deal with are BS. I don't do small talk and anything that gets in the way of my productivity or my goals for the future is a waste of time, I feel.

I wonder if this is an INFJ trait, a trait of people as they get older, or the trait of a bitter woman. Let's hear it.

I totally understand. While I am personable beyond imagination and accepting of people, I am hell bent on productivity and goals, and people's mindless drivel drives me up a wall if I am subjected to it. Especially at work, where I need to focus to do my job, and people want to open up to me as soon as I walk in about all of their problems, but, in the case of a certain coworker, all she talks about is absolutely stupid shit like the candy she buys her grandchildren... (good fucking lord...die bitch.....)

I often want to tell people to stop talking to me and leave me alone. My dating life is nonexistent so that's not an issue but I think this mindframe has to do with expelling things that are a waste of time and needing to amplify the results of the energy we are putting into manifesting our ideals and desires, and by doing so we need to eliminate those trivialities obstructing our paths because they are simply in the way.

It's a spiritual path that we are on, and you are likely (as am I) addicted to personal growth and needing to execute in all areas of your life, at all times, because you have grown to see the results of those efforts you have put in, and you want more, you need more. I'm going off into another subject but I hope you see my point.