Introvert VS. Extravert | INFJ Forum

Introvert VS. Extravert

i'm not even sure, i think being on this forum and reading other stuff, sometimes cooking, i like being alone to recharge, but being away from others for too long makes me sad, i make friends pretty easily and get along with most people, i don't tell everyone everything about me though, but that could also be due to fears i have for different reasons, i can't do public speaking well and get nervous but i sometimes dominate discussions that don't involve too many people, at other times, i mainly listen and observe. i'm so weird i don't know what i am.

nope, it's all dependent on what you do to regenerate.

hmmmm....well i know that when i was a little girl, i was definitely an introvert, no question about it, your introversion/extroversion can't change, can it?

i'm not even sure, i think being on this forum and reading other stuff, sometimes cooking, i like being alone to recharge, but being away from others for too long makes me sad, i make friends pretty easily and get along with most people, i don't tell everyone everything about me though, but that could also be due to fears i have for different reasons, i can't do public speaking well and get nervous but i sometimes dominate discussions that don't involve too many people, at other times, i mainly listen and observe. i'm so weird i don't know what i am.

I think you might be a introvert too. I think I'm like you, I like being alone doing stuff like reading or being on forums, but after a while (maybe a day or two) I need to be with other people. I don't think this is extroversion, I just think that everyone, even introverts, need some human interaction. BTW, I'm 100% introverted so I doubt I'm an extrovert who thinks he's an introvert. :nod:

thats what i think but other people insist that i might be an extrovert.

I've heard that INFJs often get mistaken for extroverts.

I think you might be a introvert too. I think I'm like you, I like being alone doing stuff like reading or being on forums, but after a while (maybe a day or two) I need to be with other people. I don't think this is extroversion, I just think that everyone, even introverts, need some human interaction. BTW, I'm 100% introverted so I doubt I'm an extrovert who thinks he's an introvert. :nod:

I've heard that INFJs often get mistaken for extroverts.

you have very good points. this makes a lot of sense. and i do prefer one on one conversations to group conversations, by large, so yeah i'm an introvert, someone here *cough cough* insists that i might be an extrovert lol.

i like being alone to recharge, but being away from others for too long makes me sad, i make friends pretty easily and get along with most people

I'm like this too and Shai is right - It's all about the recharge. I can't be around people for long periods of time, but I can't be by myself for long periods of time. Making friends easily doesn't have a whole lot to do with it although it is typically thought of as an extrovert trait, but plenty of introverts can make friends easy too.

I'm like this too and Shai is right - It's all about the recharge. I can't be around people for long periods of time, but I can't be by myself for long periods of time. Making friends easily doesn't have a whole lot to do with it although it is typically thought of as an extrovert trait, but plenty of introverts can make friends easy too.

yeah that does make a lot of sense, making friends easily might have to do with being NF, maybe, could be...yeah i'm pretty sure i'm an introvert, probably just not a very obvious one...