INTJ's and INFJ's - Partners in crime. | INFJ Forum

INTJ's and INFJ's - Partners in crime.

Auto-Zen

Mar 4, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
?????
My very first post on your forum, hello! It seems that recent research in brain activity has revealed a striking similarity between our types so I've had to come and see my zen cousins in action.

http://www.annholm.net/2011/11/the-blue-zen-brain-infjintj/

The blue zen brain...

This information was taken from a book written by Dario Nardi, a doctor of systems science. Using an EEG machine he scanned the brains of various myers briggs types and found that the individual types have distinct patterns of brain activity.
There have been a couple of threads on this in INTJ forum, someone actually bought his book and talked about some of the sections, very interesting all of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGfhQTbcqmA

An 80 minute vid of Dario generally discussing his work. Long but worth it, INTJ's and INFJ's are barely mentioned here though, more of a broad explanation of what he does.

People often compare INTJ's and INTP's as if we are the closest thing to each other but it's YOU who should be mentioned, an F type! Strange no?

What are your th......feelings regarding this brain state?

Last edited:
Reactions: 894tt3h9
This is really interesting.

Thanks for posting.

Edit to add:

This state has always been my "ideal" but I tend to have problems getting to it. Usually I need to be in a quiet place with no distractions. When I do get in this state of mind, it is a very comforting place (comforting isn't the best word to use I think, but it is part of it).

Could this have something to do with INFJ and INTJ both having function preference - inferior: Extroverted Sensing ?

INTJs and INTPs use the opposite functions of each other: (Ni-Te-Fi-Se) vs (Ti-Ne-Si-Fe), so it makes sense how they could be considered far more different from one another in comparison to INFJs who use the same perceiving functions as INTJs (Ni/Se). This usually entails that should the conversation be in objective waters, they are less likely to feel misunderstood in that sense. However, The judging functions are opposites and can cause miscommunication at times, but on the other hand, if both sets are used in a healthy manner, it can make for a beneficial complement, providing room for growth and learning from one another. Of course, any Type combination could accomplish this, but I seem to have an easier time connecting with IXTJs, especially in school settings.

Using an EEG machine he scanned the brains of various myers briggs types and found that the individual types have distinct patterns of brain activity.

This is interesting! Rather a lot to read/watch, and I haven't had a chance to do so yet, but if what he says is true, then that ought to put an end to all the debate about whether people really are one MBTI type or another. You can just get a brain scan and tell right away. In the video his outfit is a bit distracting... I would also like to see an actual picture of the different MBTI brains scans but maybe that is in the book.

I had to laugh at the 'partners in crime' bit, as I'm an INFJ happily married to an INTJ. There really seems to be a tremendous amount that we just "get" about each other... that zen-ish state and our ways of handling stress among this.

Reactions: SarahBS
I don't agree with the "zen" statements because my interpretation of zen in probably different than yours, however I do think INTJ and INFJ are very close. I find that female INTJs are who I typically get along with BEST out of all people I interact with. Often times better than other INFJs even (although not always), INTPs I usually can only tolerate in small doses.

I'd never choose an INFJ as an accomplice. They don't make good criminals.

This is really interesting.

Thanks for posting.

Edit to add:

This state has always been my "ideal" but I tend to have problems getting to it. Usually I need to be in a quiet place with no distractions. When I do get in this state of mind, it is a very comforting place (comforting isn't the best word to use I think, but it is part of it).

I much prefer quiet for this too, I'll often have a walk without destination for an hour plus just for the thinking.

I was just reading about the blue zen brain as well; quite interesting. I've pondered on it before, and the relations it correlates between the INFJ & INTJ, and from experience, I've always been aware of this excessively focused state I have towards particular tasks, but never really identified it as anything.

INTJs and INTPs use the opposite functions of each other: (Ni-Te-Fi-Se) vs (Ti-Ne-Si-Fe), so it makes sense how they could be considered far more different from one another in comparison to INFJs who use the same perceiving functions as INTJs (Ni/Se). This usually entails that should the conversation be in objective waters, they are less likely to feel misunderstood in that sense. However, The judging functions are opposites and can cause miscommunication at times, but on the other hand, if both sets are used in a healthy manner, it can make for a beneficial complement, providing room for growth and learning from one another. Of course, any Type combination could accomplish this, but I seem to have an easier time connecting with IXTJs, especially in school settings.

I will echo this. I had an INFJ friend whom I got along great with. I'll also echo the zen-osh state someone else mentioned. I felt like I was hanging out with the sister I never had. Emotionally though, we were two different creatures. I'm cold and base my decisions on objective data and she was more emotional. The problem was that I have difficulty knowing when I've upset someone unless they tell me, and she refused to do that until one day she and her ESFJ brother just doorslamed me. I've never heard from her since.

On the other hand, my husband is an INTP, and I get more of the so-called "partners in crime" feeling with him. We both have ideas, but have different ways of coming up with them and our own creative process that somehow magically mesh together really well. We have actually together come up with plots to do things like taking over the world. It's like our braid are very different, but we can understand each other really well, especially on an emotional level because we're both aspies and borderline high functioning sociopaths.