INFJs: Trent Reznor's type | INFJ Forum

INFJs: Trent Reznor's type

INFJs: What do you think Trent Reznor's type is?

• INFJ

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • INFP

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • INTP

• ENFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• ENTJ

• ENTP

• ISFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ISTP

• ESFJ

• ESFP

• ESTJ

• ESTP

• Total voters
U

Untitled

Hi guys!
I'm looking for the INFJ consensus on this...
What do you think Trent Reznor's MBTI type is? He kind of keeps popping up on the INFJs favorite artists list and is quite popular amongst "our kind". I've heard some good arguments for several types. Many INTJs seem to identify with him. INFP has been suggested. Dave superpowers (You tube MBTI guy) has pegged him as an INFJ. He's one of my favorites for sure. I thought I'd put up an anonymous poll for fun to see what INFJs think his type is. For non INFJs please feel free to comment but I would love it if the poll was reserved for INFJs. ...for the science. ;D
[video=youtube_share;-tWskjE7zao]http://youtu.be/-tWskjE7zao[/video]

He pops up on the "musicians all love him" list amongst my friends...almost none of which are INFJ.

Sorry, I voted before reading. Disregard my ESFP vote.

I'm sure the phenomenon for INFJs to label musicians they like as INFJ is going to be true in Trent Reznors case as with anyone else.

Reactions: acd
He pops up on the "musicians all love him" list amongst my friends...almost none of which are INFJ.
Yeah, understandably. He's an amazing songwriter and producer.
Sorry, I voted before reading. Disregard my ESFP vote.

I'm sure the phenomenon for INFJs to label musicians they like as INFJ is going to be true in Trent Reznors case as with anyone else.
I'm sure. :) Or atleast suggest it, second guess it endlessly and ask others if they think so. If they don't he's not. ...or is he??? Definetly not if someone vehemently disagrees or if he's been seen outside his house. That's a sure sign he's not an INFJ. ;D

I love trent reznor. I did imagine him as an INFJ when i was younger, mainly because i could relate to him and the intensity in emotion. Learning more about infjs im not sure now. The main thing that i feel when listening to his music is Fi. So i think he is Fi dominant- INFP or perhaps Fi teritary INTJ. He has that INXX feel though. A bit tongue and cheek, but i think he's probably too cool and sexy to be infj. Ofcourse theres plenty of cool and sexy INFJs out there though!

I never thought INFJ...never ever would have thought that until I saw that video. I only watched the first three minutes but now I wonder if he might be. Also, he feels guilty about his move to LA among other things, though he says otherwise.

He couldn't be an INFJ if I like him, hence my ESTJ vote. Yes, I am being cynical and dismissive.

I kind of think he's an INXJ just because of the snarky comments people have made of him as being a kind of a control freak and keeping people as employees rather than as active participators. Something I personally think is possibly a very INXJ kind of a trait, though I'm not really familiar enough with any real life INTJ artists to say one thing or another about how an INTJ artist might be. I just know one engineer. Of even the INFJ artists I personally know, though generally considered nice and liked, their former colleagues and close working partners tend to make the odd "dictator" comment...

I know that one of the jobs one of his close collaborators had was described as a massive painstaking cataloguing of sounds into libraries for months on end. That sounds a little J instead of P. The old "information hogging" that can go a bit overboard at times...

I think the ambivalent love/hate relationship with sex is an inferior Se talking.

I kind of think he may easily be an INXJ. Wether he is a INTJ with a strong tertiary Fi or a depressed INFJ is hard to tell. ...I should have made this a multiple choice poll, since I can't vote myself now.

I think I'm voting INTJ (with a strong tertiary Fi). :) I still kind of associate Fi Ne with kind of Patti Smith-type improvisational organic feel...I don't know. I'm trying hard to figure out...and P with a less structured feel. The technical engineering type competence kind of makes me think INTJ too... I know people tend to think people like Kate Bush being INFP but I'd say she's an INFJ because of the way she's very in charge of the studio process and involved with production, art direction, videography...the whole nine yards in a way I interpret as an attempt to kind of keep the integrity of the whole pre-envisioned concept together as opposed to a more flowy organic process. I kind of get that same impression with Trent Reznor but with Fi like [MENTION=4956]Asarya[/MENTION] said. :) Well... I guess I'm going with INTJ.. ;)

Edit: Unless he's an INFJ 4w5 or 5w4... %/ ...I so don't know... ;D All I know is being a funky INFJ+enneagram combo is I'm not so convinced with the textbook interpretations instantly. Like INTJ 9s...seen them. They are so much more softer and give a more Fe-ish vibe than other INTJs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm voting INTJ (with a strong tertiary Fi). :) I still kind of associate Fi Ne with kind of Patti Smith-type improvisational organic feel...I don't know. I'm trying hard to figure out...and P with a less structured feel. The technical engineering type competence kind of makes me think INTJ too... I know people tend to think people like Kate Bush being INFP but I'd say she's an INFJ because of the way she's very in charge of the studio process and involved with production, art direction, videography...the whole nine yards in a way I interpret as an attempt to kind of keep the integrity of the whole pre-envisioned concept together as opposed to a more flowy organic process. I kind of get that same impression with Trent Reznor but with Fi like [MENTION=4956]Asarya[/MENTION] said. :) Well... I guess I'm going with INTJ.. ;)

Edit: Unless he's an INFJ 4w5 or 5w4... %/ ...I so don't know... ;D All I know is being a funky INFJ+enneagram combo is I'm not so convinced with the textbook interpretations instantly. Like INTJ 9s...seen them. They are so much more softer and give a more Fe-ish vibe than other INTJs.

I think he probably is an INTJ- especailly when i think about the inferior se. I love the way inferior se can manifest in INTJs. Definately think Kate Bush is INFJ. Dont know why, but it just seems clear that she is.

I think he probably is an INTJ- especailly when i think about the inferior se. I love the way inferior se can manifest in INTJs. Definately think Kate Bush is INFJ. Dont know why, but it just seems clear that she is.
Yeah.. I think you're right on the money with the INTJ.
I've kind of thought alot about the inferior Se and how it manifests... in INFJs too. I think it's the culprit for the kind of an on/off attitude about sexuality. It's sometimes either remarkably absent or over emphasized, especially in youth...I kind of think of even Kate Bush's first album which is quite full of explicit lyrical content...:D then it evens out. Sensual World maybe being the more mature take on the subject.
And another one I think of is an INFJ though always put on the INFP list is Tori Amos, who can be quite raunchy....and I personally think Prince too. He's kind of thought of as an ISFP but I think that's because people think INFJs are nuns and monks. ;) ...I don't know how I managed to get pregnant twice.

Yeah.. I think you're right on the money with the INTJ.
I've kind of thought alot about the inferior Se and how it manifests... in INFJs too. I think it's the culprit for the kind of an on/off attitude about sexuality. It's sometimes either remarkably absent or over emphasized, especially in youth...I kind of think of even Kate Bush's first album which is quite full of explicit lyrical content...:D then it evens out. Sensual World maybe being the more mature take on the subject.
And another one I think of is an INFJ though always put on the INFP list is Tori Amos, who can be quite raunchy....and I personally think Prince too. He's kind of thought of as an ISFP but I think that's because people think INFJs are nuns and monks. ;) ...I don't know how I managed to get pregnant twice.

I know what you mean about the inferior se and sexuality. Like an absolute fascination and obssession, yet detachment. Indulgence for its own sake. I always thought of Tori Amos is INFJ too. I dont know much about her personally but i love her music. I feel a strong connection when i hear her's and kate bush music. Really dont know about Prince. ... and divine virginal conception of course is the only way infjs get pregnant. You must be pretty specail if its happened twice

[MENTION=4956]Asarya[/MENTION] I guess we're both pretty special since we've both been graced by the strange mysterious INFJ virginal conception. ;) But must be hush hush in case some more scientific people happen to read this thread. I'm afraid of that ET moment when I find myself in some distant lab being studied. "INFJ conceiving??? Impossible! They don't do that kind of stuff. Let us examine this anomaly!!!"