INFJs and thrill/highs | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and thrill/highs

I jumped out of a plane at 13,000 ft - it was fantastic - does that count? Would I do it again? - No.

I take risks in other ways but it's never for the sake of seeking a high/thrill.

I wouldn't say my need for thrills is insatiable. Have I had many, did I enjoy them, and will I continue to seek them out? Yes. However, being present and content with where I'm at is something I try to constantly work at also.

I would say I always have a longing to be the best version of myself I can be; which to me entails being happy with myself, my relationships, my work, and what I'm doing in my life, right now, in general (which very well might mean I'm not happy with one or several aspect of my life, but I have goals in place and actionable steps forward to address those areas of my life).

It doesn't even have to be a positive emotional experience, as long as it is an intense one. Everyday life usually bores me, and I often find myself thinking back to previous moments of feeling extremely "alive" whenever I am bored.

I think the key you really hit on here is apathy. From personal experience I can really relate to this.

There have been a couple of major times in my life where sheer boredom and discontent for where I was at was highly prevalent.

I can think of multiple times where I acted out my feelings of boredom by seeking thrills, just because I wanted to feel or give a shit about something.