INFJs and thrill/highs | INFJ Forum

INFJs and thrill/highs

Claire2020

Dec 31, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
I am an INFJ, and I find that I have an insatiable craving for the thrills or "highs" in life. It doesn't even have to be a positive emotional experience, as long as it is an intense one. Everyday life usually bores me, and I often find myself thinking back to previous moments of feeling extremely "alive" whenever I am bored.

I was wondering if anyone had comments on this, or could relate to this. I'm not sure if this is something many INFJs can relate to, so I just wanted to put it out there.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*vomits*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*runs away*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reactions: knight in battle
[MENTION=14418]Claire2020[/MENTION]yaa....I am just like u....!!! ;)

I like highs but only certain types. There are certain things I won't do. For example, I would do a zipline or travel anywhere in the world but I would never hook up with someone in a bar or gamble with serious money.

I also don't always enjoy the highs at the time because I am all about holding it together but it's the aftershock of surviving that I really like.

I crave challenging debates, matches of wits, combative deconstruction of ideas.... but only with people who put up a real challenge and won't get all hurt/angry about it.

*Sigh* My "Beat Flavus in a Match of Wits and Win a Prize" thread had some highlights, but I got sucked into a stupid/pointless tit-for-tat, which involved about as much wit as two drunks trying to have a slapping competition:
http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30857

I am an INFJ, and I find that I have an insatiable craving for the thrills or "highs" in life. It doesn't even have to be a positive emotional experience, as long as it is an intense one. Everyday life usually bores me, and I often find myself thinking back to previous moments of feeling extremely "alive" whenever I am bored.

I was wondering if anyone had comments on this, or could relate to this. I'm not sure if this is something many INFJs can relate to, so I just wanted to put it out there.

Sometimes. More than I like. Often, ordinary thrills will do.

Pivotal, cutting-edge subjects in various fields.
Travel. Most forms of travel are thrilling, even fairly routine travel.
Discussions with philosophical undertone.
Environments with nice decorations.
Justice. The kind where wrongs are truly righted.
Chatting up friendly folks.
Theme parks.

I am the same way, there are definitely certain things I won't do. I don't consider myself a dare devil.

I'm not a thrill seeker, but I am a new experience seeker, which sometimes involves thrills

I crave challenging debates, matches of wits, combative deconstruction of ideas.... but only with people who put up a real challenge and won't get all hurt/angry about it.

*Sigh* My "Beat Flavus in a Match of Wits and Win a Prize" thread had some highlights, but I got sucked into a stupid/pointless tit-for-tat, which involved about as much wit as two drunks trying to have a slapping competition:
http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30857

SHAMELESS PLUG

Reactions: Siimplicity
Not an INFJ thing. It's a human thing. The aspect that the emotion doesn't have to be positive, is a girl thing (wider emotional range tolerance).

I'm not a huge fan of most kinds of risk-taking, myself. I actively avoid anything that would directly cause me or anyone else financial or physical harm (even if I feel someone really deserves it).

I do, however, tend to seek out the massive power trip I get from having the potential to influence others' lives, and I actively seek to experience things to the greatest possible extremes in relationships. I feel the most alive and "satisfied" (if such a word really applies) when I'm feeling something extreme, be it joy or absolute misery, and I generally have a lot more motivation at such times too. Merely being "okay" isn't enough to keep me moving.

No, for me big thrills come from things like making a small purchase, finding a book I want to read or eating really good shrimp with a dry white alone in a nice bar. So I am probably the antithesis of a thrill seeker.

Reactions: Siimplicity
Only if the musical or literary kind. I am not much of the thrill seeker outside of intellectual pursuits.

You really know how to party.

You know it baby!
attachment.php