Infjs and relationships | INFJ Forum

Infjs and relationships

WaterOx

Oct 31, 2014
MBTI
Infj
I read that infjs are the least likely to be satisfied in them. I sure can relate. Im probably older than most here and I've Never been married, no kids and in fact have never had a relationship past 6 months.

I often feel pretty weird but the crazy thing is it's become so normal.

How about you? What is your experience?

i know i could be happy not being in a relationship. i would be very picky with who i choose to spend my time with, and that even goes for friends and family.

yet i spent many years in an arranged relationship where i ended up being taken for granted and we had drifted apart, even though we tried to resolve our issues. i ended up being depressed and had to seek counseling to convince myself that it wasn't my fault.

then i spent a few years single, and wasn't actively looking for a companion but slowly drifted from a casual friendship to a serious relationship with my istj man who i had met in the same dragon boat racing club, i have never been happier, and haven't looked back since!

so it can happen, it just has to match your criteria on how you want the relationship to be and how happy you can be with your partner, how much of your heart you are willing to give.

I don't know if I agree that INFJs aren't likely to be happy in relationships. I am the most idealistic, optimistic person in my circle and that has served me well for the majority of my life. I think the ability to be happy is a learned thing. Some people know how and some don't, regardless of being in a relationship or not.

You probably haven't met the one for you yet.

I posted something related not too long ago about the difficulties that i have to stick around with someone until our bond gets more solid. ALL of my romantic relationships have been caught under fire. I don't attribute that to being an infj anyway, possibly the introverted thing, but still, i've met a handful of infjs who seem very good at keeping relationships. In my case, it comes through self-worth issues. It doesn't mean that all of the people that lack relatioonships have this same problem anyway.

I think the ability to be happy is a learned thing. Some people know how and some don't, regardless of being in a relationship or not.
I find this to be very true!

Learn to be happy :D

I must be an anomaly. I was in a relationship for almost 35 years (30 of 'em married).
That relationship ended the evening my wife died almost 3 1/2 years ago, and I've had nothing since.

Reactions: Scientia