[INFJ] - infjs and altered states of consciousness | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] infjs and altered states of consciousness

right guys i know its not just infjs that can experince theres things ,im infp and have experinced alot of spiritual things.but i think to infjs theres things come very easy and was just curious to know there experinces.
and that is very interesting! could you explain how it feels when you out your body?

Well...it’s happened spontaneously (usually interrupts a dream) or when I was practicing self-induction, but both are different and similar in some ways.
When I was purposefully going OOB while meditating it was quite a struggle actually.
First, you are finding that place right before you fall asleep...because you want your mind awake but your body asleep...but you cannot just lie there for hours with you brain fully aware...you have to let your mind slip, but not so far that you fall asleep or that you are awake - basically a trance state.
Binaural beats are helpful with reaching it imho...around 4hz, though supposedly 6.3hz is for going OOB - I had more luck with 4.
Also they help block out everyday noises that distract...but they also block the noises you hear going OOB (I will get to that).
So it takes a while to really find that sweet spot of mind awake, body asleep...you will reach it and for a moment there is always blackness, as if you are shifting gears or changing the channel - like a momentary black out then you are then again aware of where you are and what you are doing.
However...now your body is paralyzed...this is very disconcerting and scary the first few times even if you are expecting it to happen...it’s enough to turn some people off from trying again altogether.
I learned from a young age through with my night terrors how to break out of the paralysis...so the first few times I would kick out my leg and break the trance and process, just because it does catch you off guard even when you know it will happen and you lose perception of your breathing which I won’t lie, is scary.
So I freaked out about that several times (don’t worry there are more things to freak out about to come) and you have to learn to relax and just lie there paralyzed until you are comfortable with it.
Usually though...it’s not just you being paralyzed that you are experiencing, so there are other things to help contribute to breaking your “soft concentration”...too much focus and you lose trance, too little and you just fall asleep.
Once you momentarily black out, are paralyzed, you start to feel the vibrations...you can google many accounts of this online and explanations that people have about what they are, etc.
But they feel like your whole body is vibrating...can be very strong feeling...broke my concentration over and over again as (being in the medical field my whole life) my mind jumps to conclusions like “OMG, I must not be breathing!” (remember you lose perception of this) or “My heart must have stopped!”, and again I would freak out and kick out my leg breaking the paralysis and trance.
It feels like electric tingling....not as harsh as pins and needles...it seems to move in waves through your body...sometimes moving from my core outward (which are more pleasant) and sometimes moving up and down my body (which is more harsh).
There is some debate as to when you are supposed to try and exit your body...some say when the vibrations start, and some say to wait out the vibrations and then go...I’ve had most success with jumping out after they have built up a bit, but not stopped...I’m sure it’s subjective.
As if there wasn’t enough to break your trance, you hear all kinds of noises - loud noises, yelling, crowds of people talking, music, pianos, crashes, loud bangs, explosions, electrical buzzing, deep scary voices speaking in tongues I don’t know, the voices of people you know calling your name.
And it’s positional too...like you could be lying down in the bedroom and hear a loud crash in the kitchen type sounds.
Many times I have heard what sounded like something crashing in another room only to pull out my earbuds and all is quiet and well....then 10 mins later when I get there again, same thing, I’m pulling out my earbuds as I heard my SO calling for me...except she is still sleeping in the BR.
So you also have to learn to ignore the cacophony of noises, which are very distracting, can be startling or sometimes sound downright scary as fuck.
This is where the binaural beats also come in handy, as they help to block out some of the sounds and maintain soft focus.
Then you are ready to jump out!
For me, it’s impossible to jump up out of my gravity chair I have for my back...so when I can literally just leap up and am standing without even moving the chair back to sitting - I know I made it out.
For me...my sight then starts to slowly come into being....like an old TV warming up...the picture is black and then the edges start to get light and then slowly (very slowly sometimes ((yes, this has broken my concentration too haha)), the image emerges and I can see....though often time it looks like I’m peering through some thin linen or silk...the image is different and slightly obscured, but strangely you have almost a 360 degree picture.
It’s greater than the range of our normal eyesight anyhow.
To get out of your body....most suggest to try and log roll out of your body....I’ve never had success with this.
I once flipped over backward like I was doing a backward somersault, but usually I just jump or stand up...I figure, if I’m not really OOB then at least I won’t hurt myself by falling on the floor...lol.
Quite honestly, it’s difficult for me to maintain after that as it’s such an utterly bizarre experience to just stand there, much less do stuff, lol....though on a few occasions I’ve stayed OOB for what seemed like 10 mins or so.
I will have to explain more about the times it happens spontaneously some other time...gonna have to run soon!
Take care!

Last edited:
Reactions: chad and 54192&#cmy
Interesting read guys. I find that I tap into source. I don't believe that the thoughts and visions I see are mine. For me I hear a higher voice in my head. And I can just come out with spontaneous music that I can play or sing. I'm not thinking about it it just happens. And if I try to think about what's happening it stops. But if I just let it flow it goes as long as I let it. A lot of my blog posts are written like that. Actually most of them are. My photography is the same. If I think too much my creativity is not there. So when inspiration comes I just let it flow. I also took the ESP tests as a kid and did very well. I've had visions of people getting hurt I know. And then I saw it happen. Get dejavu a lot. Which is interesting. When I ride motorcycles or bicycles and I get into the groove I don't have to think I just react it's like I am knowing what to do before I do it. On my street bike when I would race I would know if I was feeling it that day. If I wasn't I would either not race or just be more cautious. Mushrooms can intensify this feeling and one can really be overwhelmed by the experience. Although the mushrooms need to be used properly. Not to get high or trip. But to tune into your inner self. I've had very deep and interesting thoughts in that state and I usually meditate or sit still in silence and watch the world around me move. Sometimes you can see the outlines of the trees energy. Mushrooms are something I tried after practicing meditation and the I put them both together. There is a deep spiritual side to the mushrooms. And so for me abusing them is out of the question. All hallucinations as far as I'm concerned should only be used for spiritual awakening.

Reactions: chad and Skarekrow
Interesting read guys. I find that I tap into source. I don't believe that the thoughts and visions I see are mine. For me I hear a higher voice in my head. And I can just come out with spontaneous music that I can play or sing. I'm not thinking about it it just happens. And if I try to think about what's happening it stops. But if I just let it flow it goes as long as I let it. A lot of my blog posts are written like that. Actually most of them are. My photography is the same. If I think too much my creativity is not there. So when inspiration comes I just let it flow. I also took the ESP tests as a kid and did very well. I've had visions of people getting hurt I know. And then I saw it happen. Get dejavu a lot. Which is interesting. When I ride motorcycles or bicycles and I get into the groove I don't have to think I just react it's like I am knowing what to do before I do it. On my street bike when I would race I would know if I was feeling it that day. If I wasn't I would either not race or just be more cautious. Mushrooms can intensify this feeling and one can really be overwhelmed by the experience. Although the mushrooms need to be used properly. Not to get high or trip. But to tune into your inner self. I've had very deep and interesting thoughts in that state and I usually meditate or sit still in silence and watch the world around me move. Sometimes you can see the outlines of the trees energy. Mushrooms are something I tried after practicing meditation and the I put them both together. There is a deep spiritual side to the mushrooms. And so for me abusing them is out of the question. All hallucinations as far as I'm concerned should only be used for spiritual awakening.

I’ve had very similar experiences and I also feel the same way you do about mushrooms.
I credit them with helping me break free of lifelong depression and it destroyed the anxiety that my chronic pain created.
That and they also taught me how to meditate better (Not sure what the right word is here...somehow they allowed whatever part of my brain that was holding me back to break free).
I too don’t feel that people should use them to party or get high with...for me they are very sacred and spiritual.
The state of mind you describe when you are in the flow is the same “soft focus” I was describing I believe.
Yes...if you focus or try too hard, it ceases to flow or work.
Same with Deja Vu also...it comes in waves with me...for several weeks I will have Deja Vu all day long at various moments, but mine were always followed by what seemed to be bits and pieces of long lost dreams I had forgotten - but perhaps they were not dreams at all?
Hard to say.
Then it will chill out and leave for a while...then start over again.
BTW...you’re photography is always so gorgeous Efromm!

I think a favorite moment of mine while I was taking mushrooms was when I went outside on a clear night and the stars were all connected into a giant grid in the sky...it was so incredibly clear I even asked the person babysitting me at the time if she could see it though I knew it must be the mushrooms.
You know how everything is always changing and morphing while you are doing them?
This was different...it didn’t change...I could turn my back and then look again and the grid was in the same exact place...very stable.
But if you adhere to the Aldous Huxley quote that the “mind is a reducing valve” for reality and such substances open that valve a bit - perhaps I caught a glimpse of some underlying framework of reality.
Anyhow...it was fascinating and beautiful all at once.

Yes...please people, be responsible with such substances and treat them with the respect they deserve.
Do your homework if you are going to try such things and be as safe as you can.
But besides that, imho you need to mentally, emotionally, and spiritually prepare yourself for such a thing.
Not only will you get more out of it, but it lessens the likelihood of the so-called “bad trip” which is really just people letting their anxieties, fears, etc. get the better of them while your mind is wide open - all those experiences be it good or bad are intensified in ways I cannot describe in words.

Reactions: chad and 54192&#cmy
I’ve had very similar experiences and I also feel the same way you do about mushrooms.
I credit them with helping me break free of lifelong depression and it destroyed the anxiety that my chronic pain created.
That and they also taught me how to meditate better (Not sure what the right word is here...somehow they allowed whatever part of my brain that was holding me back to break free).
I too don’t feel that people should use them to party or get high with...for me they are very sacred and spiritual.
The state of mind you describe when you are in the flow is the same “soft focus” I was describing I believe.
Yes...if you focus or try too hard, it ceases to flow or work.
Same with Deja Vu also...it comes in waves with me...for several weeks I will have Deja Vu all day long at various moments, but mine were always followed by what seemed to be bits and pieces of long lost dreams I had forgotten - but perhaps they were not dreams at all?
Hard to say.
Then it will chill out and leave for a while...then start over again.
BTW...you’re photography is always so gorgeous Efromm!

I think a favorite moment of mine while I was taking mushrooms was when I went outside on a clear night and the stars were all connected into a giant grid in the sky...it was so incredibly clear I even asked the person babysitting me at the time if she could see it though I knew it must be the mushrooms.
You know how everything is always changing and morphing while you are doing them?
This was different...it didn’t change...I could turn my back and then look again and the grid was in the same exact place...very stable.
But if you adhere to the Aldous Huxley quote that the “mind is a reducing valve” for reality and such substances open that valve a bit - perhaps I caught a glimpse of some underlying framework of reality.
Anyhow...it was fascinating and beautiful all at once.

Yes...please people, be responsible with such substances and treat them with the respect they deserve.
Do your homework if you are going to try such things and be as safe as you can.
But besides that, imho you need to mentally, emotionally, and spiritually prepare yourself for such a thing.
Not only will you get more out of it, but it lessens the likelihood of the so-called “bad trip” which is really just people letting their anxieties, fears, etc. get the better of them while your mind is wide open - all those experiences be it good or bad are intensified in ways I cannot describe in words.
I totally agree people must be on the spiritual path before taking any mind altering substance. Even cannibis especially when you eat it. The effects of edibles is very similar to mushrooms if you get the right strains. And I feel that having a spiritual guide helps as well when your exploring inner space. As you said people's limiting thoughts tend to get the best of them. Almost every civilization used mushrooms and cannibis to expand their minds. And as far as I can tell the world powers at large want asleep slaves instead of enlightened confident ones. Notice how all the chemical drugs hurt you and make addicts. And the natural ones do not. Our drug crisis in the USA is one of prescription drugs. That are way more harmful than any of the so called bad natural ones. People's lives have been destroyed because of probation. Jail is no place for drug addictions they need spiritual guidance not incarcerated. Thanks for the wonderful comment about my photos!

Reactions: chad and Skarekrow
Well...it’s happened spontaneously (usually interrupts a dream) or when I was practicing self-induction, but both are different and similar in some ways.
When I was purposefully going OOB while meditating it was quite a struggle actually.
First, you are finding that place right before you fall asleep...because you want your mind awake but your body asleep...but you cannot just lie there for hours with you brain fully aware...you have to let your mind slip, but not so far that you fall asleep or that you are awake - basically a trance state.
Binaural beats are helpful with reaching it imho...around 4hz, though supposedly 6.3hz is for going OOB - I had more luck with 4.
Also they help block out everyday noises that distract...but they also block the noises you hear going OOB (I will get to that).
So it takes a while to really find that sweet spot of mind awake, body asleep...you will reach it and for a moment there is always blackness, as if you are shifting gears or changing the channel - like a momentary black out then you are then again aware of where you are and what you are doing.
However...now your body is paralyzed...this is very disconcerting and scary the first few times even if you are expecting it to happen...it’s enough to turn some people off from trying again altogether.
I learned from a young age through with my night terrors how to break out of the paralysis...so the first few times I would kick out my leg and break the trance and process, just because it does catch you off guard even when you know it will happen and you lose perception of your breathing which I won’t lie, is scary.
So I freaked out about that several times (don’t worry there are more things to freak out about to come) and you have to learn to relax and just lie there paralyzed until you are comfortable with it.
Usually though...it’s not just you being paralyzed that you are experiencing, so there are other things to help contribute to breaking your “soft concentration”...too much focus and you lose trance, too little and you just fall asleep.
Once you momentarily black out, are paralyzed, you start to feel the vibrations...you can google many accounts of this online and explanations that people have about what they are, etc.
But they feel like your whole body is vibrating...can be very strong feeling...broke my concentration over and over again as (being in the medical field my whole life) my mind jumps to conclusions like “OMG, I must not be breathing!” (remember you lose perception of this) or “My heart must have stopped!”, and again I would freak out and kick out my leg breaking the paralysis and trance.
It feels like electric tingling....not as harsh as pins and needles...it seems to move in waves through your body...sometimes moving from my core outward (which are more pleasant) and sometimes moving up and down my body (which is more harsh).
There is some debate as to when you are supposed to try and exit your body...some say when the vibrations start, and some say to wait out the vibrations and then go...I’ve had most success with jumping out after they have built up a bit, but not stopped...I’m sure it’s subjective.
As if there wasn’t enough to break your trance, you hear all kinds of noises - loud noises, yelling, crowds of people talking, music, pianos, crashes, loud bangs, explosions, electrical buzzing, deep scary voices speaking in tongues I don’t know, the voices of people you know calling your name.
And it’s positional too...like you could be lying down in the bedroom and hear a loud crash in the kitchen type sounds.
Many times I have heard what sounded like something crashing in another room only to pull out my earbuds and all is quiet and well....then 10 mins later when I get there again, same thing, I’m pulling out my earbuds as I heard my SO calling for me...except she is still sleeping in the BR.
So you also have to learn to ignore the cacophony of noises, which are very distracting, can be startling or sometimes sound downright scary as fuck.
This is where the binaural beats also come in handy, as they help to block out some of the sounds and maintain soft focus.
Then you are ready to jump out!
For me, it’s impossible to jump up out of my gravity chair I have for my back...so when I can literally just leap up and am standing without even moving the chair back to sitting - I know I made it out.
For me...my sight then starts to slowly come into being....like an old TV warming up...the picture is black and then the edges start to get light and then slowly (very slowly sometimes ((yes, this has broken my concentration too haha)), the image emerges and I can see....though often time it looks like I’m peering through some thin linen or silk...the image is different and slightly obscured, but strangely you have almost a 360 degree picture.
It’s greater than the range of our normal eyesight anyhow.
To get out of your body....most suggest to try and log roll out of your body....I’ve never had success with this.
I once flipped over backward like I was doing a backward somersault, but usually I just jump or stand up...I figure, if I’m not really OOB then at least I won’t hurt myself by falling on the floor...lol.
Quite honestly, it’s difficult for me to maintain after that as it’s such an utterly bizarre experience to just stand there, much less do stuff, lol....though on a few occasions I’ve stayed OOB for what seemed like 10 mins or so.
I will have to explain more about the times it happens spontaneously some other time...gonna have to run soon!
Take care!
wow this is amazing! iv 'almost' astral projected a few times acidently,i always come to this point were i suddenly see this being running tawards me or my house suddenly starts vibrating like from a huge erathquick...i was had an unconsious astral projection were i suddenly shot out my body i looked at my mom and she became terrifiefd when she saw me.but infact my mom wasnt even were i thought she was.she was in the yard

Reactions: Skarekrow
@chad , apropos of absolutely nothing but seeing you post here always makes me think of this meme:

8gai57nqqt301.png

Reactions: Skarekrow and Wyote
always makes me think of this meme

Sharing this with my gf just now:
"omg this is the funniest thing I have ever seen" *literal tears*
"this is you omg"

I totally agree people must be on the spiritual path before taking any mind altering substance. Even cannibis especially when you eat it. The effects of edibles is very similar to mushrooms if you get the right strains. And I feel that having a spiritual guide helps as well when your exploring inner space. As you said people's limiting thoughts tend to get the best of them. Almost every civilization used mushrooms and cannibis to expand their minds. And as far as I can tell the world powers at large want asleep slaves instead of enlightened confident ones. Notice how all the chemical drugs hurt you and make addicts. And the natural ones do not. Our drug crisis in the USA is one of prescription drugs. That are way more harmful than any of the so called bad natural ones. People's lives have been destroyed because of probation. Jail is no place for drug addictions they need spiritual guidance not incarcerated. Thanks for the wonderful comment about my photos!

Well you always have great photos.
Yes, I agree with what you said.
It most definitely helps imho when you spiritually prepare oneself not only in the long term, but a smaller, sharper focus on the days leading up to taking such substances.
I like to cut out all media except informative videos, lectures, philosophic ramblings, etc. reading, and listening to music for 48 hours before...absolutely no news, or FB or this forum even...I instead meditate and smudge my home...focus on what my intentions are and prepare and focus my spirit...align it with good and positive things and people.
Yes, many, many used mushrooms.
I’m sure you’ve seen the ancient frescos of Eden where the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil strikingly resembles various entheogenic mushrooms?
I know there is a big push in Oregon and CA to legalize them for treatment purposes - so in a professional, capable, and safe setting.
I have my doubts that it will happen, but there is always a chance...I’m surprised they have Ketamine clinics now, though too rich for my blood, it supposedly works wonders for PTSD, depression, anxiety, etc.
Hopefully someday it will be more available to those who could benefit so incredibly much from proper administration of these certain amazing natural medicines for the body, the mind, and the soul.
Yes...they pushed the opioids...then when it’s time to stop taking them - they are already addicted...and the doctors have no good medication to help anyone off of them either - take your pick...Methadone or Suboxone? Though most will only give people Vistaril which is like a strong benadryl and only makes you so tired you are withdrawing...still can’t sleep, but are now so tired you begin to lose your mind.
If you go to the Urgent Care for help with symptoms (not asking for any narcotics) you get basically sent right back out the door with a “tough it out” and a look of distaste even though someone is trying to do the right thing for themselves.
So yeah...those with dealers or who know someone who has something that will take the pain of withdrawing away - they will call them...then our for-profit prison system makes them into criminals, when like you said - they need treatment...treatment for a condition created by greedy doctors and sales reps.
Even drugs like Ibogaine - which has been proven to end opioid addiction is illegal...why?
Why do they keep trying to make Kratom illegal and Jeff Sessions hates legalized marijuana?
Because they will get and keep people off the pharmaceuticals...no money to be made...I’m sure pain meds are the bread and butter of the industry.

wow this is amazing! iv 'almost' astral projected a few times acidently,i always come to this point were i suddenly see this being running tawards me or my house suddenly starts vibrating like from a huge erathquick...i was had an unconsious astral projection were i suddenly shot out my body i looked at my mom and she became terrifiefd when she saw me.but infact my mom wasnt even were i thought she was.she was in the yard

It sounds like you reached the hypnogogic state or the vibratory state...it’s not your house shaking - it’s you!
Rather your vibratory or etheric self!
Sounds like you get some intense vibrations...though they vary for me each time.
So this ‘being’ you saw running toward you is most likely a hypnogogic vision or hallucination (though some would argue you are seeing lower level or lower dimensional beings momentarily - just as you hear the collective consciousness as you pass through whatever veil it is when all this begins...at least that is the most popular consensus of what it is).
Maybe your mom did see you in a way...you ever hear stories of someone’s mother who suddenly falls to her knees and cries knowing that her son or daughter has died or been seriously hurt even half a world away...or vice versa...there are even stories of the husbands of wives who were dying in battle appearing in front of their wife to say goodbye...almost before they are even dead by the way they are described...so perhaps it is some unconscious connection being realized at that moment from the strong emotions involved?
Maybe it was a similar connection.

Last edited: