[INFJ] - infjs and altered states of consciousness | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] infjs and altered states of consciousness

chad

Regular Poster
Feb 4, 2015
MBTI
infp
hey infjs im just curious to know what experinces you have had with altered states of awareness? eg listening to music,dancing,meditation,singing,theres things can realy cause you to get immersed into them and loosing your self into it.thus causing another state of awareness?....any cool and interesting eperinces wiht this id like to read?

altered states of awareness?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Coma_Scale
Altered states of awareness are bad mkaaaaaay.

Reactions: Free and Skarekrow
Meditation can and does induce an altered state of awareness. It calls for an imersed state otherwise it doesn't work.

Similar to those that can reach Astral Projection or Lucid Dreaming.

All humans move in and out of various states of mind, aka awareness. Emotions are abstractly fluid as an example. Affect states effect individuals separately and uniquely. Suppression of these types of states is unhealthy, as is dwelling in them for too long. Either can cause a loss of awareness.

This explains why reality differs from person to person and only exists when agreed upon by its participants. ;)

hey infjs im just curious to know what experinces you have had with altered states of awareness? eg listening to music,dancing,meditation,singing,theres things can realy cause you to get immersed into them and loosing your self into it.thus causing another state of awareness?....any cool and interesting eperinces wiht this id like to read?

I love this one my favorite topic awareness and knowing thy self my crown and third are open opening i feel it the energy xcaping at the crown like im not bs’n and i have felt like chakras spinning inside me like am i going insane i say to myself sometimes like i meditated once and i had an outer body experience so you tell me who can i possibly be i dont even know who why or what i just seek to find myself so i can understand the universe, the key is inside us to the door of the universe

I love this one my favorite topic awareness and knowing thy self my crown and third are open opening i feel it the energy xcaping at the crown like im not bs’n and i have felt like chakras spinning inside me like am i going insane i say to myself sometimes like i meditated once and i had an outer body experience so you tell me who can i possibly be i dont even know who why or what i just seek to find myself so i can understand the universe, the key is inside us to the door of the universe
wow cant you then see my past life,im relay interested to know ho i was ina past life?

Reactions: Free
I have out of body experiences during sleep. I had here a few occasionally as a child which were kind of flying to places I knew like old houses I had lived in. They started back during grad school probably due to stress and sleep deprivation. I hated them though because of the dream paralysis they start with was terrifying. It's been back again for the past two years. I dont have issues with paralysis anymore. The experiences now seem to last longer and involve interacting with other people. I do meet and interact with myself as a different person as opposed to interacting with a guide. One weird was I was in automotive factory and I guy there said, "watch out for the Nazis". It's bizarre thing and this was before the last presidential election. That's the first thing that was said to me.

Music is mine. It's almost like I can meditate. Thought this was normal though. I get so immersed and feel very lifted both physically and spiritually. Don't know what I would do without music.

I did experiment with binaural beats once that did alter my consciousness for a while. The key was putting them in theta frequency(~3.8hz) while you're about to sleep. I had some brief lucid dreaming, and sleep paralysis afterwards.

Frankly, it did freak me out a bit. I'm still not sure how much of it was real, and how much of it was just me pretending to be in that state. It tends to be pretty subjective.

After awhile, do we discern indepth thought and listening as an altered state?

I've meditated and had a routine going. I stopped, I became too busy.

For some time I drank to ease up. Booze helps me calm down, have fun, etc.

However, because it's not good for you in the long run, I'm cutting down on my alcohol consumption.

I've regularly got future plans on my mind. It's difficult for me to be present-focused.

Exercise is best for one's mind. That runner's high feels great.

I've meditated and had a routine going. I stopped, I became too busy.

For some time I drank to ease up. Booze helps me calm down, have fun, etc.

However, because it's not good for you in the long run, I'm cutting down on my alcohol consumption.

I've regularly got future plans on my mind. It's difficult for me to be present-focused.

Exercise is best for one's mind. That runner's high feels great.

Congrats on cutting down on your drinking, I'm trying to do that too, the brain is better without it. I agree that exercise is better than alcohol for the mind and the endorphin rush is the best. Swimming laps is really good too.

Yes...many.
I meditate at least 2 hours per day (I have time now since I’m now disabled ;) ).
((would gladly trade that time, for no more pain))
I have had lucid dreams, and have gone OOB since I was a child...I was tested at UCLA for all sorts of things related to this as I had violent night terrors and missed school due to lack of sleep...I simply lost my ability to discern being OOB and then waking...still thinking I was OOB and freaking out.
All I can remember is some guy with a beard and glasses giving me the ESP Zenner flash card test and telling me I got 80% and how good that was.
(I have tried it since with varying results....but this was in the fourth grade so...I’m almost 41, go figure.)
Vibrational states, entheogens, meditative trances, ritualistic trances, I have experienced them all, I get what you say about music I am the same way...don’t you just love a song that will give you goosebumps?!
Most of my practice has arisen from my chronic pain and finding ways to deal with it or exit my body altogether.
I have had pretty good results with self-induced OOBEs, but haven’t been keeping up with it for some time - and it takes daily practice.
Still have the occasional spontaneous OOBE, not lucid dream....many folks get those mixed up.
Lucid dreams you can control for the most part, you can effect objects and talk to “people”...going OOB, things are static, you cannot open doors for example, you have to walk through walls, you cannot talk to those you see - unless they are OOB too, etc.
I have also always been surrounded by “paranormal” events ever since I was born...I cannot say for sure what the true nature and cause of them were, but many had other witnesses besides myself - things flying across the room, etc...could also be PSI or something else unknown as of yet.
What would you like to know?

@chad I don't think it's just something for INFJS but maybe how the fuctions work does aid an access to altered states and concentration?
I have experienced a state of pure flow (especially in regards to dancing) when I was doing a lot of training. A pretty amazing experience where my mind completely switched off and I 'performed' whole sequences in an altered state, 'automatically' so to speak. Sometimes the mind is involved to some extent 'remembering' what comes next, but in pure flow everything just happens.
I feel that I feel a heightened awareness to some extent with things like healing and meditations etc.
I have also found, on a more mundane level that that I can 'focus' my attention on things and become quite absorbed in what I'm doing.

Yes...many.
I meditate at least 2 hours per day (I have time now since I’m now disabled ;) ).
((would gladly trade that time, for no more pain))
I have had lucid dreams, and have gone OOB since I was a child...I was tested at UCLA for all sorts of things related to this as I had violent night terrors and missed school due to lack of sleep...I simply lost my ability to discern being OOB and then waking...still thinking I was OOB and freaking out.
All I can remember is some guy with a beard and glasses giving me the ESP Zenner flash card test and telling me I got 80% and how good that was.
(I have tried it since with varying results....but this was in the fourth grade so...I’m almost 41, go figure.)
Vibrational states, entheogens, meditative trances, ritualistic trances, I have experienced them all, I get what you say about music I am the same way...don’t you just love a song that will give you goosebumps?!
Most of my practice has arisen from my chronic pain and finding ways to deal with it or exit my body altogether.
I have had pretty good results with self-induced OOBEs, but haven’t been keeping up with it for some time - and it takes daily practice.
Still have the occasional spontaneous OOBE, not lucid dream....many folks get those mixed up.
Lucid dreams you can control for the most part, you can effect objects and talk to “people”...going OOB, things are static, you cannot open doors for example, you have to walk through walls, you cannot talk to those you see - unless they are OOB too, etc.
I have also always been surrounded by “paranormal” events ever since I was born...I cannot say for sure what the true nature and cause of them were, but many had other witnesses besides myself - things flying across the room, etc...could also be PSI or something else unknown as of yet.
What would you like to know?
right guys i know its not just infjs that can experince theres things ,im infp and have experinced alot of spiritual things.but i think to infjs theres things come very easy and was just curious to know there experinces.
and that is very interesting! could you explain how it feels when you out your body?

Reactions: Skarekrow