INFJ turning into INTJ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ turning into INTJ?

Also, don't you limit possibilities for growth and change by defining yourself as INFJ? You contemplate whether or not the "real" you will reemerge so it seems like you have already made up your mind that this is what you are. I see variable MBTI test results as being a very healthy sign because it shows that one's character is not rigid and unchangeable. It's an indicator, at least, of flexibility, adaptability and growth. All positives in my opinion.

i knew what i was like long before i knew there was a 'personality type' that described me. when i first did the test and saw the result, i was not the least surprised. it describes me pretty much to a T.
if there were things in that description that didn't describe me i wouldn't be concerned about it. i wouldn't wonder if i was really an infj or something else. i just am what i am.

i appear very much as a INTJ. i believe it's mostly due to my socialization. in school, we are taught, that a valid reason is a logical one and not one related to people. so, most of the time, i had to learn Te to convince on a academical level. which does not mean i function this way internally.

Fe cares a lot about approval of specific persons. Te does less, much less. so many INTJs are enneagram 5s.

i still have a hard time understanding why many people speak of INFJ as an emotional type. Ni and Fe, per se, has nothing to do with emotions. Fe, despite its name "feeling", is a person based judging function. so if you are an emotional person - as I am, but who would see it from the outside? - this is another aspect of your psyche. it does not belong to the mbti.

INFJs simply change into whatever is needed at the time to function as necessary, that's the whole NFJ at work. Fe can easily mimic Te, especially to and around other people. I'd argue that it's the difference between a "mature" Fe and an "immature" Fe though.

The immature one is out to please yourself and everyone else regardless of the practicle outcome. The mature one surfaces after you've been "scarred" enough times to think things through a bit before acting. The motivation is still Fe, but the implementation is more Te so as to not "create waves" or cause the problems you had in the past. At least that's how I work!

This is true in my experience too.

I feel like Ni Fe has an excellent memory for social lessons. Combine this with social foresight and it does seem to be extremely adaptable.

My Fe constantly mimics Te around anyone that I don't implicitly trust because of history with emotionally abusive family. When I see them, it's like I automatically display Te outwardly. It's a strong lesson from a long time ago but still totally intact. I can feel that it's completely a survival thing. Unfortunately, it seems to extend to everyone else unless they prove they're safe.

My Fe constantly mimics Te around anyone that I don't implicitly trust because of history with emotionally abusive family. When I see them, it's like I automatically display Te outwardly. It's a strong lesson from a long time ago but still totally intact. I can feel that it's completely a survival thing. Unfortunately, it seems to extend to everyone else unless they prove they're safe.

i can identify: Fe is about playing roles; so why not imitate Te (mimiking Se is quite difficult!). but it makes me tired. i prefer to withdraw and be alone with my dominant Ni or to share this world with somebody who has a similar one.

i can identify: Fe is about playing roles; so why not imitate Te (mimiking Se is quite difficult!). but it makes me tired. i prefer to withdraw and be alone with my dominant Ni or to share this world with somebody who has a similar one.

Agreed, it's exhausting. It usually fools other people but I always have the sense that I'm not being honest.

I've never tried to mimic Se...I don't think I could...

Agreed, it's exhausting. It usually fools other people but I always have the sense that I'm not being honest.

I've never tried to mimic Se...I don't think I could...

And is the main reason why repetitive, mundane jobs make me want to slit my wrists!

And is the main reason why repetitive, mundane jobs make me want to slit my wrists!

yes! for this sole purpose, i wish i were born in 100 years, when all repetitive jobs are done by machines... so i don't have to care with this side of life anymore and swim in the endless pool of Ni ;-) so yes, i wouldn't know how to mimic Se.

I know that I was born in INFJ.I'm a painter and so talented in art(music,painting and most of arts).and I was so emotional and sensitive.
but little by little I found that it's hard to remain infj in this world. so I tried to be more logical and change my personality.
I could feel that I've become more extrovert and thinking. and now I see that I am known as a logical girl.
I did MeyersMyers-Briggs test twice (about 2 years ago) and I was become infj
now I did it again and now I'm intj
is it correct?and do I have been changed DEEPLY ?

and by this way,can I become a real extrovert?(while I'm more extrovert than before)

can deep and real change happen? or it's just a cover and the real me will come back again?

**I'm still talented in art

Chances are there was a change within your personality type, rather than shifting from one to another (I don't think this ever happens except maybe in very very rare cases).

Sounds like you're INTJ and have learned better how to wield your Te. You seemed to imply that your increase in logic and extroversion coincided (implies Te - in INFJs they become more emotional as they become more extroverted), and that the Te was strong (given that you were then identified with it, as opposed to say INFP getting better with Te, as they would seem Fi regardless) which suggests to me that it was auxiliary Te taking over from tertiary Fi. If this is the case, then it sounds like a good move as your are getting in touch with more of your strengths.

For a personality type change to have occured, you would have had to have your emotional expressiveness correlate with your extroverting and logic correlate with introverting, and to then have had this flip, as well as having a reduction in the strength of feeling, and increase of thinking. Not likely. If you went from being more comfortable with Fi to then also being comfortable with Te then this is just general development and sounds like it would be quite common.

Last edited: