INFJ stereotypes or misunderstandings . . . | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ stereotypes or misunderstandings . . .

I find that the only time i feel the need or desire to hurt others is when I have been hurt by them myself. For example, two of my long term relationships in the past have cheated, lied, manipulated and we would break up. However, instead of trying to move on, i instead focus on why I was cheated on, and tend to look at the situation and belittle myself, saying that there must be something wrong with me. After i destroy my self confidence I find that I feel a strong need to "get back" at the people. With both of those relationships the girls came back to me for some reason or another, and after we are back together my urge is satisfied and i tend to stay with them for a few months after the get back together and just argue and belittle them until ultimately I cant take the arguing and fighting anymore and leave the relationship. I see it as my coping mechanism for the mourning period of a breakup.

but if someone has not hurt me

I have noticed that while in a bad relationship, i cannot find the courage to break up with people simply because I hate that conflict and feelings being hurt. So i usually just become someone i am not, an unattractive person to whoever i am with, in hopes of them severing the ties with me.

Thats my thoughts on relationships, on to the psychic aspect =)

While my "psychic abilities" may not be truly psychic in nature, it is definitely something that i cannot fully express to anyone. Some of my so called psychic moments happen randomly and with no personal intention. It really does feel like something out of this world, like an idea is just placed in my head and immediately i can tell how accurate it is. These intuitions are not always accurate though, as in the past i have been sure of something completely false. Playing jeopardy against people is always fun, thats for sure. sometimes after reading the question a random name or person pops into my head, i blurt it out, and its usually right. I often feel like i am cheating at the game of life, as I arrive at correct conclusions without understanding how or why. I read it somewhere else best, Its like getting the answers without studying.

Its like getting the answers without studying
the worst part is when you're done and have to spend the remaining 60 minutes of test time wondering whether you can trust your psychic intuitions.
you're chasing your tail if you just keep doing what your head tells you; you just need another tail to chase.

People look at me crazy when I sit in front of the slot machine waiting for it to feel right between each button hit. Did win $375 off $20 last time I went though.

Reactions: Gaze
People look at me crazy when I sit in front of the slot machine waiting for it to feel right between each button hit. Did win $375 off $20 last time I went though.
LOL, a similar thing happened a few weeks back. An organization at my school was charging a dollar to pop any of the black opaque balloons hung up along the table and wall. If one was lucky, they could get up to $20 dollars from a balloon, but most were empty. So I took a go. It took me 10 minutes to decide which one WOULD be the one, no questions asked. (3 people had even already gone and left, without success). I was in a sort of trance in my thinking and I calmly made my way to the balloon, and popped it.

Guess who was $20 richer that day?

Reactions: Gaze
Like many others I find the psychic label not only to be misleading but even false if it means some eerie understanding. Even when I was very young I managed to guess how people were feeling, but now that I'm older I make fewer guesses.

INFJs perhaps often stay in the background observing people, how they move, what they say, and consequently they gather information about behavioural patterns and become good at spotting inconsistencies. However, until the Ti function is properly developed, the guesswork can be pretty hazy. In many cases it can still be right because, in my experience, there are a lot of people in the world who aren't in touch with their feelings, who show them very clearly and yet somehow manage to be unaware of them. Such people can be amazed by your psychic abilities if you can tell that they're frustrated.

But often the only thing we can see is the inconsistency, and we don't know what causes it. With a well-developed Ti we might come up with theories that help determine those things, but still there's a big chance we're wrong. We might only see the coping mechanism but not what is the wound behind it. So nowadays when I'm more aware of how I gather information and intuitively come to conclusions, I'm more hesitant to give advice, because I'm also aware of the blind spots that aren't lit by Ni but require extensive Ti support as well.

Thus I'm a bit annoyed by the thought that we're right and we know it. I used to be like that, believing in my impressions indiscriminately. It has also made me very gullible and vulnerable, believing I can read people's intentions. This may come from having Fe as the auxiliary function that helps us reach out. And then when we are hurt, we can't understand how it happened, after all, we're psychics, right? The intuition can't have been wrong, so we blame the feeling function, and ... hello tertiary loop. But of course Fe doesn't need to be ignored, it's just that Ti needs to be developed more.

Reactions: Wyote and Gaze
"INFJs are crazy about ENxPs"

No, it entirely depends on each individual and the chemistry, regardless of types.

I really despise all those INFJ youtube channels that are repetitive like broken records, some of those channels are creepy while the others are very obvious that whoever owns them is just spamming to milk whatever they can on adds and patreon ect.

Reactions: bonfire
I really despise all those INFJ youtube channels that are repetitive like broken records, some of those channels are creepy while the others are very obvious that whoever owns them is just spamming to milk whatever they can on adds and patreon ect.

Agreed. Not to mention at least 70% of youtubers who claim to be INFJs are not INFJs. :smirk:

Agreed. Not to mention at least 70% of youtubers who claim to be INFJs are not INFJs. :smirk:

lol, true. The one time I actually checked an INFJ channel, the dude seemed to be an ISTP of some sort.

Funnily delusional.

Reactions: bonfire
lol, true. The one time I actually checked an INFJ channel, the dude seemed to be an ISTP of some sort.

Funnily delusional.

And some are obvious ENFPs . I notice that the real INFJ youtubers are ones that don't have many subscribers. I think It's like that because real INFJs are pretty boring and unexciting on the surface. That's one of the good telltale signs, lol.

And some are obvious ENFPs . I notice that the real INFJ youtubers are ones that don't have many subscribers. I think It's like that because real INFJs are pretty boring and unexciting on the surface. That's one of the good telltale signs, lol.

I must be an ENFP then. :p

That depends. The way we evaluate ourselves and how others evaluate us can be vastly different. If you have youtube videos I can probably tell if you're one or not :wink:.

I don't have any :( But maybe I'll upload one at some point.

I am told I am charismatic (in real life). I'm pretty sure INFJs can be charismatic though. Fe does that.

I don't have any :( But maybe I'll upload one at some point.

I am told I am charismatic (in real life). I'm pretty sure INFJs can be charismatic though. Fe does that.

The whole "most extroverted introvert" thing helps with that too.

Reactions: Ren and Wyote