INFJ or INTJ? | INFJ Forum

INFJ or INTJ?

Kolmio

Regular Poster
Jun 5, 2014
MBTI
not sure
Hi you guys, this is my first message to this forum. I'm from Finland so my English isn't that great but let's have a go at it.

I've been doing a few different MBTI-tests and read a lot of the type descriptions trying to figure out which of the types I am. First test result I got was INFJ and now I have been getting INTJ. I guess I'm not that much of a feeler, but my understanding of emotions is outstanding. I rationalize my feelings and work with them very well. But I make my decisions based on my rational thinking. I'm very quiet and shy person, but when I'm with loved ones I enjoy intellectual conversations. I express feelings to some degree but only if they seem appropriate. Sometimes I have a strong urge to show my feelings but simultaneously it feels bad to open up. I keep thinking what will happen if I show too much emotion, are my feelings somehow weird and how is the other person going to react. Normally once I get to the stage where I am comfortable to show my feelings the situation has already changed. In a long term relationship I say "I love you" every day to my loved one and mean it but that's about it. I don't like public displays of affection and I sometimes forget to show I care. People in general see me as being cold and distant even though I am very interested in people. I observe people closely and I see their soul. This is why I identify with INFJ.

I am a thinker and my thinking is very objective. I get into knowing all the facts before I make my mind about something. I try to find out what is actually going on in the world and my emotions don't get in the way of my free thinking. I have my own inner world though which has mystical fairytale quality to it. I have many fantasies and utopias going on inside my head and they comfort me. This is why I seem not to be in any contact with the outside world. I often times don't get any stimuli from the outside world. Nothing enters me. It's a retreat. This worries my loved ones sometimes. I have few special interests that keep me wrapped around them, doing deep thinking and educating myself on these topics. Once I get very fired up, nothing can stop me. I can go on for hours on end doing research. This leaves me sometimes very tired since I neglet my bodily needs. Forget to drink, eat or sleep. This is also when I withdraw from other people and it can go on for weeks. It takes a lot to be my friend since I don't keep in contact.

I'm also very creative and artistic. I draw, paint and take pictures. I also write poetry which has more of an intellectual approach on things rather than just beauty of the words and ideas combined. I think I'll just have to express my thoughts this way or otherwise I am going to explode. I love deep conversations about ideas and theories with my boyfriend. He's INTJ so we get along great. We have a wonderful deep relationship. But we have one problem. He's never ready to share his feelings. He does not say to that he loves me. But I can see into his soul and I know for a fact that he cares about me deeply. Sometimes it would be nice to hear it though.

My parents are INTJ and INFP. My brother is INFP. I get along with them very well and understand them. Sometimes my family members are worried about me not showing my emotions or not being in the present or that I don't care about them because I seem cold. I give them advice and I'm often their go to girl when they have problems. Mostly they ask for rational approach to their problems. When I'm being empathetic I don't get my own feelings involved, I just navigate with what I understand about their feelings. I ask a lot of questions to get the idea. I truly get people. Even when they are lying to themselves I can see behind their masks. They don't always like what I have to say about their issues. This is a problem I keep having with people. I want to be honest but I don't want to hurt peoples feelings. Mostly I am honest and then when the conflict starts to emerge I escape into my head and freeze. I get very quiet in fights. Actually I don't fight back. I just let people vent their frustration and when it's over I say what I have to say about it. I don't even like to argue. This is mostly because I think most people don't know how to argue properly. Their arguments and way of saying them is often stupid. So I don't bother with it.

What else... I don't like small talk, social games, gatherings of many people, being fake, dishonesty, cruelty, lack of empathy and compassion, television and stupid people. I just don't get along with people, people don't get me and I find them stupid. If I'm being honest this the case in majority of times I try to be with people. I have few wonderful friends though. And even when people seem to be stupid I'm still interested in them and I want to help them? This is weird.

Okay, I probably sai enough already. I think this is not going to go well, you people don't understand me any better that I do myself and there's no point to this. But I'm trying to be hopeful. I appreciate any answer I get. Thanks for reading and have a good one.

I know where you are coming from. I first tested as infj and then intj. I believe I relate to INTJ more fully. In the end if you feel thats what you are more in line with, you probably are.

I'm actually more inclined towards being INFJ. Could it be that I'm just smart and that is why I get tested INTJ? This really troubles me.

Nice to see someone else from Finland too! :) Welcome!

Hi you guys, this is my first message to this forum. I'm from Finland so my English isn't that great but let's have a go at it.

I've been doing a few different MBTI-tests and read a lot of the type descriptions trying to figure out which of the types I am. First test result I got was INFJ and now I have been getting INTJ. I guess I'm not that much of a feeler, but my understanding of emotions is outstanding. I rationalize my feelings and work with them very well. But I make my decisions based on my rational thinking. I'm very quiet and shy person, but when I'm with loved ones I enjoy intellectual conversations. I express feelings to some degree but only if they seem appropriate. Sometimes I have a strong urge to show my feelings but simultaneously it feels bad to open up. I keep thinking what will happen if I show too much emotion, are my feelings somehow weird and how is the other person going to react. Normally once I get to the stage where I am comfortable to show my feelings the situation has already changed. In a long term relationship I say "I love you" every day to my loved one and mean it but that's about it. I don't like public displays of affection and I sometimes forget to show I care. People in general see me as being cold and distant even though I am very interested in people. I observe people closely and I see their soul. This is why I identify with INFJ.

I am a thinker and my thinking is very objective. I get into knowing all the facts before I make my mind about something. I try to find out what is actually going on in the world and my emotions don't get in the way of my free thinking. I have my own inner world though which has mystical fairytale quality to it. I have many fantasies and utopias going on inside my head and they comfort me. This is why I seem not to be in any contact with the outside world. I often times don't get any stimuli from the outside world. Nothing enters me. It's a retreat. This worries my loved ones sometimes. I have few special interests that keep me wrapped around them, doing deep thinking and educating myself on these topics. Once I get very fired up, nothing can stop me. I can go on for hours on end doing research. This leaves me sometimes very tired since I neglet my bodily needs. Forget to drink, eat or sleep. This is also when I withdraw from other people and it can go on for weeks. It takes a lot to be my friend since I don't keep in contact.

I'm also very creative and artistic. I draw, paint and take pictures. I also write poetry which has more of an intellectual approach on things rather than just beauty of the words and ideas combined. I think I'll just have to express my thoughts this way or otherwise I am going to explode. I love deep conversations about ideas and theories with my boyfriend. He's INTJ so we get along great. We have a wonderful deep relationship. But we have one problem. He's never ready to share his feelings. He does not say to that he loves me. But I can see into his soul and I know for a fact that he cares about me deeply. Sometimes it would be nice to hear it though.

My parents are INTJ and INFP. My brother is INFP. I get along with them very well and understand them. Sometimes my family members are worried about me not showing my emotions or not being in the present or that I don't care about them because I seem cold. I give them advice and I'm often their go to girl when they have problems. Mostly they ask for rational approach to their problems. When I'm being empathetic I don't get my own feelings involved, I just navigate with what I understand about their feelings. I ask a lot of questions to get the idea. I truly get people. Even when they are lying to themselves I can see behind their masks. They don't always like what I have to say about their issues. This is a problem I keep having with people. I want to be honest but I don't want to hurt peoples feelings. Mostly I am honest and then when the conflict starts to emerge I escape into my head and freeze. I get very quiet in fights. Actually I don't fight back. I just let people vent their frustration and when it's over I say what I have to say about it. I don't even like to argue. This is mostly because I think most people don't know how to argue properly. Their arguments and way of saying them is often stupid. So I don't bother with it.

What else... I don't like small talk, social games, gatherings of many people, being fake, dishonesty, cruelty, lack of empathy and compassion, television and stupid people. I just don't get along with people, people don't get me and I find them stupid. If I'm being honest this the case in majority of times I try to be with people. I have few wonderful friends though. And even when people seem to be stupid I'm still interested in them and I want to help them? This is weird.

Okay, I probably sai enough already. I think this is not going to go well, you people don't understand me any better that I do myself and there's no point to this. But I'm trying to be hopeful. I appreciate any answer I get. Thanks for reading and have a good one.

We are pretty similar. I'm going to say you lean more towards intj :p

You have a well developed Fi

Not all intjs are aggressive debaters. You are a calm intj in touch with her feelings. I feel like I resemble an infj entirely too much too and it gets confusing. Then I look at the big picture of my life and see much of my decision making and relationship dynamics have been prototypical intj.