INFJ negative traits... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ negative traits...

I can only speak for myself, but strict, absolutist thinking and narrow-minded reactions surface when I am under great duress.

this. i find it extremely stressful and it is hard to find solutions, although i´ve gathered some information that supposedly helps, which i will try out sometime. although i really do want to understand this behaviour more, it´s very distressing.

Reactions: Free and sassafras
i noticed i get locked inside myself, intense and focused on whatever issue that is troubling me and it is very hard to get out of that mindset. it´s not so bad when it is something joyful that i focus on but can get pretty intense when it is something that upsets me. i guess noticing this is the first step to changing it. snapping out of it. changing the flow.

Since learning that I'm not alone and that there are others like me, there has been a bit of a struggle with this new found energy! I've slightly more pride,cockiness and dare I say, a touch of arrogance for those not in the 1%...

It's powerful stuff but I've tamed it thus far, I just hope I don't go from Gandalf to Saruman.

I've still a long way to go but I believe with the help on my fellow wizards on INFJ's I'll pull through for the greater good. Or maybe I'll cut a promo, turn heel then set the world on fire!

Since learning that I'm not alone and that there are others like me, there has been a bit of a struggle with this new found energy! I've slightly more pride,cockiness and dare I say, a touch of arrogance for those not in the 1%...

It's powerful stuff but I've tamed it thus far, I just hope I don't go from Gandalf to Saruman.

I've still a long way to go but I believe with the help on my fellow wizards on INFJ's I'll pull through for the greater good. Or maybe I'll cut a promo, turn heel then set the world on fire!

We're here for ya Wonk. Maybe you can turn that arrogance into a pleasant rest in self acceptance. I mean you're special and all, but the rest of the world still thinks you're a weirdo. So stop being so damn cocky!

...did that help...at all?

We're here for ya Wonk. Maybe you can turn that arrogance into a pleasant rest in self acceptance. I mean you're special and all, but the rest of the world still thinks you're a weirdo. So stop being so damn cocky!

...did that help...at all?
Doesn't help at all, lets hope it's just new toy syndrome and it'll rest quietly amongst the others in the toy box in good time. I have always embraced my inner and outer weirdo so being called a weirdo does nothing to dent my swagger. I'd rather be a weirdo than a cookie cutter/mass produced, walking advertisement / mouth piece. I accept and encourage everyone's inner weirdness.

Shine on Bandit you crazy diamond.

Good. I'm glad to be of assistance to you. I'm with you on the weirdness. I think it makes life a wee bit more exciting or something along those lines... Fwiw, @atree called me weird the other day... :(

With affection and appreciation. :hug:

I don't know what that means. I think that I am sufficiently "slutty" on the forum.

Eh, I think you're above average for sure, but personally, and I think others would agree, I wouldn't mind if you kicked it up a notch. You know, maybe some more selfies... in various states of kissy face. Just a suggestion.

I was telling my friend that I know a man who I am interested in, but I don't know how to let him know that I care for him. My friend told me that I "need to be more slutty".

Wouldn't that just imply that you want to be physically intimate, and not necessarily care for him?

Reactions: Free
I'm so used to being other personas around friends that it feels impossible to open up and actually be myself around them.

In terms of INFJ negative traits. I think I get stuck because sometimes I am reluctant to socialize at all except with people I'm really close to. (I go through phases*)The other thing is the door slam. To me it's more of a Door Close and then I'll nail boards in front of it so it won't open again. I have Door Closed two people from my office this year. I basically never speak to them or encourage them with any smiles or acknowledgement of any kind. It's challenging because I still see them a few times per week. The other thing that is difficult for me, is when people I like still talk or are otherwise friendly to people I have closed the door on.

*The phase could be like, For a limited time only I am opening the door to new friends. Only people capable of meaningful interaction need apply.

I was telling my friend that I know a man who I am interested in, but I don't know how to let him know that I care for him. My friend told me that I "need to be more slutty".
I think your friend used the wrong word, as an exaggeration. That was probably misleading. Probably what he meant was rather than being inscrutable. If you like this guy, give him a few clues, o.k.a. flirt a bit?! Maybe he dressed it up a bit to make a point, e.g. in scales of going 'all out there' from where you currently stand, he maybe wants you to notch it up a fair few paces.