Infj minor obsessions | INFJ Forum

Infj minor obsessions

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by Altruistic Muse, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Altruistic Muse
  1. Altruistic Muse

Altruistic Muse Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4?
    Hi there. Long time no see! Like... Years. Ha, I've come back on here because I've noticed a pattern in my life and wonderf if others can relate. Usually at times when I'm perhaps feeling a little insecure about myself... Maybe in a new job or new phase of life... Ai tend to meet someone who I can look up to, and I tend to latch onto them. I used to wonder if it was a crush, but it's both sexes, and there's nothing sexual about it either.. It's craving a connection to someone, like a mentor figure. And I think about them often, and want them to think well of me... In work, or in whichever sense I respect them.

I would say in general I like to be liked, but I'm generally quite deadpan and indifferent also. If someone doesn't like me or think I'm good at something I don't tend to care. But with these people my heart sinks.

Can anyone relate?

I'm also now thinking it could be a spiritual issue too. Like as a Christian I suppose it tends to happen at times when I feel further from God?

I cover it up well and seem detached if anything. So I'm not worried about.that. I just wonder why it happens!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    acd likes this.
  2. Mungbean

Mungbean Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    Yes! This happens to me also. Is this a common experience for INFJs in particular? I imagine this happens to some degree for everyone.

I am not sure why this happens either.

3. Scientia

Scientia A true lady

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I do this. I found that each time I do this, there is something important I need to learn from that person. I always come out of those mini obsessions with greater knowledge of myself. The age of the person is irrelevant. My problem is that when I do this, I become open to the other person and sometimes feel too vulnerable.

4. OP
    Altruistic Muse

Altruistic Muse Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4?
    Yeh, I think the first time I realised it wasn't what you'd call a crush, is when I had a mini obsession with my 80 year old hypnotherapist :p. I would agree that these are people you learn from and the sequence is important. But I do find it uncomfortable. I would much rather feel indifferent. I feel awkward and don't want to feel silly etc. Oh well ha. They pass as soon as they come.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...