[INFJ] - INFJ men in relationships (I am a straight female INFJ) | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] INFJ men in relationships (I am a straight female INFJ)

LadyLeila

One
Jan 5, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Hello everyone!
I am curious to gather some information about dating an INFJ man. My significant other (SO) and I have been together for 6 months now. Things have been going very well, but he is still a puzzle to me! As an INFJ lady, this is something new. Generally, I can figure someone out in an instant - not the case with my SO. I suppose that's part of the fun, haha, but I'm curious to know how he thinks of the relationship.

Here are a few questions - directed toward INFJ males - to get the prompt going.. (pick and choose which you would like to answer)
1. As an INFJ male, how do you approach serious relationships?
2. How do you feel about saying "I love you"
3. How soon, on average, does it take for you to open up to your SO?
4. What are your thoughts about dating an INFJ woman? If you have, how did it go/how is it going?
5. What would be your advice for a long-distance INFJ/INFJ relationship?

(My SO is graduating this spring [he is two years my senior], and after that he will be moving at least 1 state away. He is not sure where he has been accepted for grad school, but we know it will take plane rides to see one another.) Both of us plan to stay together despite his absence. I am sure that he and I will talk more about future plans when we get closer to his leave!

But anyway, anyway, don't let me ramble. Answer away! and feel free to add any extra insights that I did not mention in my questions!

Well, here are my answers to what I can or am willing to give out.
#1: With the intensity of an African Elephant during mating season.
#2: As long as I actually feel that way than by all means. If not though I could never lie about it.
#3: I suppose if I were to meet the woman who I would one day marry probably a lot quicker than anyone else. Maybe 6 months. It also depends on what you mean by open up? emotionally? sharing deep dark stuff? life story? It would help to specify on this one.
#4: I am open to the idea, although she would have to be mature and well balanced. Also ideals are important to me regardless of MBTI.
#5: Be yourself and tell the truth always. Other than that I wouldn't know I have never had a long distance relationship.