INFJ learning

Vilku

Community Member
Feb 8, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1, 7w6, 4w3
i have noticed an annoying trait about myself which has to do with learning.

its that, i simply cannot seem to learn _anything_ from the outside world. i must always come to the conclusions by myself, even if theres a piece of truth right in front of me, because it wasnt specifically engineered for me, so thats why i cant digest it.

my most recent thing ive learned is, that there really is a hell in this reality and bad people really do get punished justly for being evil.

of course i werent able to make the connection that hell is the metaphor for mental illness.

no one mentally well wouldnt intentionally do anything evil.

That is an exceptionally messed up statement. Mentally ill people aren't being punished for anything.

There's no hell. It's a fairy story used in ye olden times pre-viable-law to scare motherfuckers into behaving. An effective and ingenious tool that has now served it's purpose in the developed world.
If there was indeed a hell or hell like punishment you can be sure its more effective outcome would be presented via the full disclosure and certain knowledge of it's presence. Not some ethereal bloody myth.
Everyone knows speeding is bad and you shouldn't do it, but people do it anyway. Unless there's a police car. Then the slow the hell down.

Where's the hellcar?

I find this all very naive. You believe no one capable of an 'evil act' without illness being the cause? You feel those struck by illness either through unhappy circumstance or genetics somehow deserving of their 'hell'? Are you telling me a small child, new to this world, is a 'bad person' because they're ill?

Last edited:
Those who replied seem to have missed the point of the original post. ^_^;;

i simply cannot seem to learn _anything_ from the outside world. i must always come to the conclusions by myself, even if theres a piece of truth right in front of me, because it wasnt specifically engineered for me, so thats why i cant digest it.

I can relate to that. I need to figure things out on my own, follow all the right steps, make all the the correct connections and use the words that make the most sense to me. If somebody tries to explain something to me, I just end up rearranging and paraphrasing everything they say so it makes sense to me.

I think it all depends on your definition of evil. "True evil" (by my standards) would be something almost unfathomably horrific. There's a huge difference between what I consider wrong and what I consider evil.

Having to learn things on your own and reaching your own conclusions is definitely an odd thing I find myself in. There's even a point in time where I had to come up with my own mathematical rules and formulas and such to continue my studies. why why why why. I also always find myself creating a philosophy for everything.

I find this all very naive. You believe no one capable of an 'evil act' without illness being the cause? You feel those struck by illness either through unhappy circumstance or genetics somehow deserving of their 'hell'? Are you telling me a small child, new to this world, is a 'bad person' because they're ill?

no, no one deserves the shit thrown at them, but its kind of the eye for an eye mentality justice that people are messed up who do evil.

think of it as, that theres one law in this universe; resist evil. fail, and you become one yourself, and being on that side of fence is pure torture (aka hell).

at my best, i embody god as in offering love to everyone, thus a chance to change sides if they are evil.

Those who replied seem to have missed the point of the original post. ^_^;;

I can relate to that. I need to figure things out on my own, follow all the right steps, make all the the correct connections and use the words that make the most sense to me. If somebody tries to explain something to me, I just end up rearranging and paraphrasing everything they say so it makes sense to me.

I think it all depends on your definition of evil. "True evil" (by my standards) would be something almost unfathomably horrific. There's a huge difference between what I consider wrong and what I consider evil.

i think each of us has different level of evil. like for me, the most evil things i can ever do is being anti-social when i get messed up and indifference to social rules such as no racism/stereotyping. (i tend to stereotype psychological attributes, others think this goes against social rules even though my stereotypings are acutely correct.)

i classify simply not caring about others as the core definition of evil, cause it seems to always be the central cause for whatever form the evil comes in.

That is an exceptionally messed up statement. Mentally ill people aren't being punished for anything.

There's no hell. It's a fairy story used in ye olden times pre-viable-law to scare motherfuckers into behaving. An effective and ingenious tool that has now served it's purpose in the developed world.
If there was indeed a hell or hell like punishment you can be sure its more effective outcome would be presented via the full disclosure and certain knowledge of it's presence. Not some ethereal bloody myth.
Everyone knows speeding is bad and you shouldn't do it, but people do it anyway. Unless there's a police car. Then the slow the hell down.

Where's the hellcar?

progress is illusion, we are eternally trapped in repeating the same formula which is stored in our dna. no matter how much technology we muster, we'll still be the same animals. i think theres a specific kind of people (sx sp's) for whom christianity is the best form of morals to tame them down.