INFJ-INFJ marriage | INFJ Forum

INFJ-INFJ marriage

Cajaro

One
May 28, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
I found this forum looking for information on INFJ relationships, but can't find much on INFJs and other INFJs. Both my husband and I are INFJ and it is always so evident in all we do. I think the only reason we work is because we are both so passionate about many of the same things. However, there are struggles when we disagree on something that's important. So, I'm wondering are there others out there in an INFJ-INFJ relationship and how it works for you.

I'm curious to know what these struggles consist of. I can't imagine being married to an INFJ.

My husband is INTJ, but the similarities are strong. So strong in fact, that sometimes I'm concerned that there's element of narcissism to these type of relationships. I like what he says/thinks because it's what I say/think. Conversations between us can be more like a hallelujah chorus sometimes than a chance to share new ways of looking at the world. There can be a loss of perspective otherwise possible with someone of a much different personality type. Other than that though, it's awesome. We rarely argue because we agree on everything. It's kind of like being married to twin.

Reactions: SarahBS
How long have you two been married? Sorry to go off track considering your original question but it's just really interesting to me. I once dated a girl (eons ago) and we were very much in sync.. not quite the same as me, but very close: same hobbies/talents, born a day apart, finish each others' sentences, thoughts, mothers born a day a part, fathers born same days yet different months ... was a very uncanny relationship, but we didn't have that spark to move us further. How blessed and fortunate of you to be with someone that understands you. :)

I dated an INFJ once, for about 3 years. We had extreme highs and extreme lows. At the end of the day, there just wasn't a "spark," and it didn't work out.

But I think that if you can communicate effectively and realize when you're being irrational/overly emotional (that was our problem... oh boy), you can have an incredible relationship. Just know your common issues and take extra steps to ensure they're taken care of.