INFJ + INFJ = Impossible ??? | INFJ Forum

INFJ + INFJ = Impossible ???

bentleyn

Four
Apr 25, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Hi, I have a weird situation and I feel it doesn't happen often enough so I have to discuss it and seek advise.

So...I met this guy, and we were drinking and hanging out the first day we met each other. Something about him - I dunno - I could FEEL how connected we were. Like, we hated everything about everyone we knew but only because we KNOW what they could amount to, what we see in them that they don't think we are aware of (shady characteristics, bad habits, etc..), and how we can read into everything so much that we almost seem to think its not real. (Because its amazing how far in depth our "analysis" of something can be, its so real it CANT be real...But it is lol.) There were a whole bunch of other common INFJ qualities he had as well but I won't get into all of that.. I also understand this wasn't exactly written the best way it could be, but I hope you know what I'm trying to say.

Well anyway, I feel like the first night was great. I felt like I met someone who FINALLY was on the same level as me. Or almost, because there's a minor age difference and we clearly were in different stages of life and have different levels of maturity/understanding. (I'm 20, he's 25.) The third day I asked him to take the Myer Briggs test, because I wanted to figure out if he was what I thought he was. (INFJ was my initial assumption, keep in mind.) I just wanted to make sure I was right, because sometimes its a little tricky to analyze someone after meeting them two other times.

He took it! AND I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!! I felt so happy, it felt great to know someone who was similar as me. I sincerely felt alone ! So yeah, we hung out more..and I've came to realize that he is the BAD INFJ. Its sickening . He's manipulative, he tried to play mind games with me, tried seducing me, etc... Keep in mind none of this worked because I knew what he was doing, and he also is highly cynical. He keeps telling me he could hurt someone severely simply by speaking to them. He proudly admits he can convince others that they're bad people, even when they're not, just to make them depressed / suicidal / hate themselves.

I mean I understand that trait can be used for DEFENSE mechanisms, especially when it's deserved. But I don't think it should be used unless they ARE bad..not just because a person did something he didn't approve of. :/

INFJ's have different faces, I totally get that, just as any other personality type. If we were all the same INFJ then we wouldn't have such a hard time distinguishing which ones are/aren't like us. What I need to know is , is there always going to be a bad clash with INFJ + INFJ relationships as a whole?? Are we going to think we all have secret and manipulative motives regardless of who they are to us , just because we all know how tricky we can get?

You tricky INFJs. You need someone to put you in your place.

I don't see another INFJ accomplishing that in a direct manner since you're about passive-aggressive influence, and that would just make you more suspicious about someone's motives. But, as always, anything is possible. Especially with experience.

I love it when 2 people can come together and hate together... so romantic! I dated 1 INFJ girl and we had a great time, great chemistry etc, fantastic sex... i fucked it up ultimately because I was still wounded from a previous relationship, but had i met her in a more stable time, im certain it could have worked. Dont get all wrapped up into reading into other peoples motives too much, it comes off as paranoia and youll poison anything good that might be trying to happen.

Yes seduction is manipulation. So is asking you to do the laundry... any time you influence someone else you are in effect manipulating them in some fashion.

As for your friend though, anyone who says they can break and destroy people by talking to them is:

1. immature
2. oblivious to the obviousness of the situation. Anyone can make anyone cry by saying hurtful things.
3.a moron.

avoid!

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb
I wouldn't avoid him because he's an INFJ, I would avoid him because he seems like a cruel person.

Hi, I have a weird situation and I feel it doesn't happen often enough so I have to discuss it and seek advise.

So...I met this guy, and we were drinking and hanging out the first day we met each other. Something about him - I dunno - I could FEEL how connected we were. Like, we hated everything about everyone we knew but only because we KNOW what they could amount to, what we see in them that they don't think we are aware of (shady characteristics, bad habits, etc..), and how we can read into everything so much that we almost seem to think its not real. (Because its amazing how far in depth our "analysis" of something can be, its so real it CANT be real...But it is lol.) There were a whole bunch of other common INFJ qualities he had as well but I won't get into all of that.. I also understand this wasn't exactly written the best way it could be, but I hope you know what I'm trying to say.

Well anyway, I feel like the first night was great. I felt like I met someone who FINALLY was on the same level as me. Or almost, because there's a minor age difference and we clearly were in different stages of life and have different levels of maturity/understanding. (I'm 20, he's 25.) The third day I asked him to take the Myer Briggs test, because I wanted to figure out if he was what I thought he was. (INFJ was my initial assumption, keep in mind.) I just wanted to make sure I was right, because sometimes its a little tricky to analyze someone after meeting them two other times.

He took it! AND I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!! I felt so happy, it felt great to know someone who was similar as me. I sincerely felt alone ! So yeah, we hung out more..and I've came to realize that he is the BAD INFJ. Its sickening . He's manipulative, he tried to play mind games with me, tried seducing me, etc... Keep in mind none of this worked because I knew what he was doing, and he also is highly cynical. He keeps telling me he could hurt someone severely simply by speaking to them. He proudly admits he can convince others that they're bad people, even when they're not, just to make them depressed / suicidal / hate themselves.

I mean I understand that trait can be used for DEFENSE mechanisms, especially when it's deserved. But I don't think it should be used unless they ARE bad..not just because a person did something he didn't approve of. :/

INFJ's have different faces, I totally get that, just as any other personality type. If we were all the same INFJ then we wouldn't have such a hard time distinguishing which ones are/aren't like us. What I need to know is , is there always going to be a bad clash with INFJ + INFJ relationships as a whole?? Are we going to think we all have secret and manipulative motives regardless of who they are to us , just because we all know how tricky we can get?

This would be a good Lifetime movie. So dramatic.

Yeah I second the above. It has nothing to do with type, more to do with the fact that he seems to revel in hurting others.

I know an INTJ who has admitted to mind-fucking people into suicidal thoughts. It is unrelative to type in my opinion. I have never worked romantically with male INFJs, personally, but we can be friends.

That dude is poison. It's not because of his INFJ-ness. It's because he's morally twisted. Run for the hills!

HAHAHAHA that's hilarious! I didn't think anyone like that actually existed! I thought our empathy was too connected to our own well-being. Who knew that some stray wiring could make us such sick twisted fuckers?

Last edited:
What did the guy look like? What kinds of clothes, was he heavy, what was his past? Lots of people are sick, in my view. I think Medea was an INFJ. She was about as twisted as all get out. I think it's true that anyone can say hurtful things. INFJs might be able to find THE thing to say that would crack someone in half, but I have no idea why anyone would do that unless it was pure self-defense. Some people deserve to be cracked in half. But a pre-emptive strike? Why?