[ENFP] - INFJ breakup need help | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[ENFP] INFJ breakup need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am just saying from an outside perspective how does that look?
she seemed to have placed so much blame on me

To me it looks like you seek reassurance that it wasn't your fault, likely because you're inner critic is ripping holes in you right now and you feel terribly isolated.

There's nothing wrong with feeling upset about how things went or needing a shoulder. And she does sound like she had a lot of work to do - that delay you mentioned, that she was fine for a time before calling it off, that's normal for somebody who isn't entirely caught up with their internal state. It takes a moment to realize "I don't want this". It could also explain why she was astonished that you mentioned she was fault-finding, it's easy developing blindspots if we're not watching carefully.

I guess someone will deal with this one day idk
Maybe? Maybe.

You're projecting your notions of love into a woman who isn't consumed by love, but by jealousy and possessiveness.

You sound like someone who is losing their faith, rather than someone who got dumped by a toxic woman.

Are you certain that it's actually her you miss, or her being the object you painted all your romantic ideals onto?

I think every fantasy between two people is kind of created together, so yes the ideals of lover really painted that picutre a form of art and beauty and it moved me.We did really become lovers and it was transformative it made me anew and her too. I wonder if it was too much for her to handle. I think we both lived it for a while she told me all these things and I saw her too.

Yes, I am losing my faith this is spot-on and very accurate. I had faith that I was doing better in life that I would not get too clingy again and that a break-up wouldn't hurt me so bad again- also, I believed that I would not get anxiety attachment when she broke up with me- but I was not prepared for it- I thought I could love without attachment. I guess I haven't grown like I thought. Also, I lost my faith because I believed I could be more than I used to be more vulnerable and authentic and boundaries, etc.

And the first thing about her being consumed by jealousy and posessiveness- yes, others said that too way before we were on the outs. Do I just refuse to believe it? She told me we couldn't be friends because she would know when I slept with another woman. You saying she is toxic is interesting- I thought I was the one being toxic- that's what she told me- because I wanted closeness during conflict and didn't respect boundaries. Am I really missing something big here? sorry, I am still confused.

To me it looks like you seek reassurance that it wasn't your fault, likely because you're inner critic is ripping holes in you right now and you feel terribly isolated.

There's nothing wrong with feeling upset about how things went or needing a shoulder. And she does sound like she had a lot of work to do - that delay you mentioned, that she was fine for a time before calling it off, that's normal for somebody who isn't entirely caught up with their internal state. It takes a moment to realize "I don't want this". It could also explain why she was astonished that you mentioned she was fault-finding, it's easy developing blindspots if we're not watching carefully.

Maybe? Maybe.
Yeah, or I told her she overthinks and she really got upset. or the time I told her she trips out a lot and she said I must not like her. I am just realizing that she doesn't accept or "own" her negative qualities not me! I don't want to believe that people project like that to explain things but this seems correct!!??

I feel inner torment and I think it's from blaming myself for years because of my family upbringing and some other things and getting trouble and isolated a lot. my friends want to see me but I don't want to see them. I sleep a lot try to process the trauma using the bodywork and tools that I have.
I mean seriously, it was my fault because you know if I would've come more clean about my financial situation then she couldn;ve felt more trust. I have the credit card debt and the car. I mean I did get defensive with her, but my friends I am not.

Another thing, I feel if I would've been able to be non reactive and not triggered and also not give into other emotions I would've been more attractive to her and attracted a partner on her high level but since I was going into lower states I have to go get someone on my level :(

I think every fantasy between two people is kind of created together, so yes the ideals of lover really painted that picutre a form of art and beauty and it moved me.We did really become lovers and it was transformative it made me anew and her too. I wonder if it was too much for her to handle. I think we both lived it for a while she told me all these things and I saw her too.

Yes, I am losing my faith this is spot-on and very accurate. I had faith that I was doing better in life that I would not get too clingy again and that a break-up wouldn't hurt me so bad again- also, I believed that I would not get anxiety attachment when she broke up with me- but I was not prepared for it- I thought I could love without attachment. I guess I haven't grown like I thought. Also, I lost my faith because I believed I could be more than I used to be more vulnerable and authentic and boundaries, etc.

And the first thing about her being consumed by jealousy and posessiveness- yes, others said that too way before we were on the outs. Do I just refuse to believe it? She told me we couldn't be friends because she would know when I slept with another woman. You saying she is toxic is interesting- I thought I was the one being toxic- that's what she told me- because I wanted closeness during conflict and didn't respect boundaries. Am I really missing something big here? sorry, I am still confused.
Google codependent relationships. Everything you describe makes it sound as though you were in one.

@Zach – It's good for you to have this thread to process and share your emotions in. This break-up is causing both grief and withdrawal. Romances with this much passion and spiked emotions are usually short-lived and hit hard when they end.

I agree with the others: The process you are going through now is a form of grief. There is a part of you that knows that this relationship was doomed (and note that we can admit this fact without assigning blame to either party), and there is a part of you that desperately wants to hold onto the good parts. But sometimes the relationships that are full of electricity are the most dangerous ones, because all of those happy chemicals cloud our judgment and make it hard to see things as they are.

I wonder what it would be like to try visualizing this relationship from a very distant vantage. Imagine you are a hawk soaring high above everyone and you saw, down below, two people having a relationship that played out just like this. What prediction would you make about their future? Would you want them to get back together? If so, would it be under these circumstances?

Disentangling yourself from a codependent relationship is bound to hurt—that's the nature of codependency—but like ripping off a bandage, it's a temporary pain that can clear the way for substantial and lasting personal growth. Compare this to staying in a dead-end relationship and repeating the same cycle of fiery passion and heartbreak. You owe it to yourself to cultivate a bit of emotional fortitude.

She told me i was trying to make a codependent dynamic and she wanted a healthy interdependent bond

At the risk of overreaching with speculation, I think it is very likely that in this instance, she was projecting her own codependent tendencies onto you. "I think we are getting codependent" is, in a sense, a coded way of her saying "I don't understand what healthy attachment is and I expect you to figure out for me."

I agree with the others: The process you are going through now is a form of grief. There is a part of you that knows that this relationship was doomed (and note that we can admit this fact without assigning blame to either party), and there is a part of you that desperately wants to hold onto the good parts. But sometimes the relationships that are full of electricity are the most dangerous ones, because all of those happy chemicals cloud our judgment and make it hard to see things as they are.

I wonder what it would be like to try visualizing this relationship from a very distant vantage. Imagine you are a hawk soaring high above everyone and you saw, down below, two people having a relationship that played out just like this. What prediction would you make about their future? Would you want them to get back together? If so, would it be under these circumstances?

Disentangling yourself from a codependent relationship is bound to hurt—that's the nature of codependency—but like ripping off a bandage, it's a temporary pain that can clear the way for substantial and lasting personal growth. Compare this to staying in a dead-end relationship and repeating the same cycle of fiery passion and heartbreak. You owe it to yourself to cultivate a bit of emotional fortitude.

At the risk of overreaching with speculation, I think it is very likely that in this instance, she was projecting her own codependent tendencies onto you. "I think we are getting codependent" is, in a sense, a coded way of her saying "I don't understand what healthy attachment is and I expect you to figure out for me."

Thank you. I really love birds and like to think of them and view them a lot. I don't know if I have any more personal growth after this- I am considering just calling it quits overall, becauase I am defeated. not in a pitiful way but I just accept this loss and live the next day not trying to really change myself anymore. I do need some more emotional strength this time.

The thing is my body is not going along for the program like I am EXHAUSTED I have felt this before- it's like I barely can get up out of bed and I am sore and sleep a lot everyday also not really into cooking anymore which I love to do- so I feel I am in grief. thanks for witnessing and understanding.

I thought a lot about it and a loving partner (or even person) would not in one million year shame me for having shame during a breakup talk or even shame me feeling strong emotions- they would say something like I notice you're feeling mad or sad. and that's it.and they definetly would not get scared and then run away and then say it makes me not a capable partner- I am trying to look at it from afar- that is not love nor support. And all the dumb things I said about how no one will love a trauma person is just not true- I have before- and someone could they could just remember all my good qualities and then realize I need help sometimes- even my friends do it.
Thanks for all this help.

My real question is to myself finally: why would I want that?

I looked through other posts on here and usually there’s more “harsh” feedback but everyone has been so supportive of me and now that I’m starting to really think about it - like the things she said and did were really fucked up!
Honestly I was being kind of delusional thinking this is okay for me . Literally I know my issues but like every single person on this thread said she’s been overreacting, unkind , selfish , manipulative, etc . I think I’m starting to get it

Reactions: aeon and Wyote
How much of everything that happened (I gave great detail ) was just me not understanding her as an INFJ?
I really kept trying . I also want to add one more thing she would be so appreciative of me it was unbelievable like praising all the things I did and how amazing and kind and considerate I was .

Last edited:
Reactions: aeon
Status
Not open for further replies.