INFJ books

Snowman219

??????
Aug 26, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm just curious about INFJ type books that anyone here has read. Jot them down here with some info and how you liked it. :/

By "INFJ type books", I assume you mean books written by or portraying INFJs? Types are not inherently dedicated to or responsible for particular spheres of reality; typology itself merely explains how, and to an extent, "why", people process similar information differently.

Written by my favorite author, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky is an excerpt on the dimensions of morality, and a characterization of the human mind's need for order. He also wrote The Brothers Karamazov, an examination of ethics, free will, and morality, particularly of their presence and limits in Christianity. It could also be construed as a book pleading for a world-wide community/family of mankind filled with seamlessly integrated worldviews (rationality/intellect, aesthetics/subjectivity, faith/spirituality) that are usually considered irreparably distinct. Dostoevsky changed the way I viewed everything, then made me realize that the beliefs I had held were unnatural - nothing more than artificial social constructs.

There is also Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, a transcendental and Buddha-like guide-book for life.

Post-party Edit:

I believe Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: an Inquiry into Values was written by an INFJ. It splices the traditional objective-subjective duality used to navigate reality and places them under a larger, novel umbrella of metaphysics the author dubs the "Metaphysics of Quality", similar to Taoism. The theory is put forth in ZMM and then expanded in Lila: an Inquiry into Morals, which, as I understand it, was written because few people properly understood the first book.

Lighter, and perhaps more enjoyable, fare can be found in The Dark Elf line of novels written by R.A Salvatore. It depicts a, well, a dark elf who struggles with the behavioral lineage of his race and overcomes it, spending the rest of his life revolutionizing others' perceptions of race and virtue. He also happens to be a badass swordsman ^.^ Fantastic fantasy series - one of my favorite. (Oops, I see that @ThisIsWhoIAm has already mentioned this.)

Last edited:
Reactions: ThisIsWhoIAm
I think the dark elf trilogy (and all his other books ofc) might be written by an INFJ, named RA. Salvatore. These 3 books were the books i found most enjoyable, ever. Above any other book in any other genre.

These are fantasy books telling the story of a drow elf living deep underground in a highly distorted society, which is submitted to their diety Lolth, the spider queen. The society is matriarchal, and men are considered little more than slaves. Drizzt, the book's hero, is a special dark elf, with purple eyes (most of them have red eyes), and a golden heart. Not only that, he is also unbelievably skilled in combat, and spells. Just about anything. He also reads people very very well, and has the personality of a hermit. He loves nature and the good things in life, such as friendship, honor, calmness, hope, and love.

The books are written so well, that even the parts when he engages in combat (there's a LOT of action btw, so awesome) are second to none as far as my reading experiences go, including the wheel of time, aotori and such.

I feel like the hero of the books, Drizzt, is an INFJ, and so is the author, RA Salvatore. This is the number 1 book i would recommend to anyone :D

Can't wait to check them all out! Sounds exciting!