Independence and Trust

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Regarding ourselves towards other people*. In their perfect forms, can they exist within each other?
To be without restrains and to be expected in restrains; to not put much value of others and being put much value by others.

Or it's what it is, that to be trusted requires a certain binding of freedom, and vice versa?
Or am I seeing it in a faulty way?

*) so not political, financial, or spiritual freedom. And this is not about -relationship- itself, only the philosophy in building a relationship

Reactions: AhSver
I think that the existence you described must be build on the harmony and balance between the individuals. In our true forms, which for me is the inner world, the energy of thoughts, the soul if you please, we can exist with others uninhibited and free. But due to the fact that we are bound by flesh, and the desires of flesh overshadow our true selves and cause all kinds of conflicts between the individuals, so that we cannot achieve this harmony. Perhaps, it's something to strive for as humanity, erasing the boundaries between the flesh and soul, cultivating the soul as it is more powerful than flesh, which is merely a vessel. Currently, everyone is obsessed with the flesh, as it is easier to please and thus easier to think that happiness can be achieved. Sex, drugs, wealth, food are all to feed the flesh but the soul needs totally different "food." The happiness of flesh is just an illusion. To cultivate a strong soul requires much more effort, on the other hand. I think that it's something universally accepted by all world religions, however every one has its own way of describing the path towards it.

Trust can be established when there's no fear that someone else could hurt. People hurt each other because of the lack of understanding and innate egotistic tendencies, once again fueled by the desires of flesh. If humanity could communicate by the shared thinking, like noosphere, discover this beehive of thoughts we could achieve the understanding of each other. Otherwise we are like echos bouncing off each other but never reaching all the corners.

The legacy of flesh is animalistic, which was required for our survival but overtime it will become more rudimentary as we move from the animalistic realm. We are becoming gods. Unless if we exterminate each other before that even happens, which is very likely. Man, it's a long process to get there :)

Realistically, ultimate freedom and trust seem to be metaphysical, the higher ground so far we couldn't achieve. Sartre would say that we are all free, don't know what to do with this freedom and thus plagued by the existential angst. My philosophy professor used to say that free will doesn't exist however there's cheap will, haha.

Interesting topic, I will be looking forward to see what others have to share about it :)

Trust definitely requires the binding of freedom, and the more dependent upon the person you are, the more you will desire to have their freedom bound. For example, you would not want a person on the street to kill you, so you have trust that they wont and expect them to be bound to that code. Even more so, you will expect your significant other to follow all the conventional bounds as well as being bound to you by being faithful.

Without trust, society falls apart very quickly. Trust really is the only thing that holds people together.