If you could know when you were going to die... | INFJ Forum

If you could know when you were going to die...

#@&5&49

Mar 4, 2012
MBTI
Inf?
Not sure if this is the appropriate category for this thread. If not, feel free to move it.

If you could know when you were going to die would you want to know? Why or why not?
If you decided you did want to know, would it change how you conduct yourself or how you approach your life or life in general?

Reactions: Free
Not sure if this is the appropriate category for this thread. If not, feel free to move it.

If you could know when you were going to die would you want to know? Why or why not?
If you decided you did want to know, would it change how you conduct yourself or how you approach your life or life in general?
Depends on the universe we live in and on the conditions of getting that information.

Reactions: James

Yes, I would want to know. Not because of the fact itself, but because I couldn't stand not knowing when given the opportunity to do so. I'm too curious even if knowing something could be detrimental.

I wouldn't change anything. I'd continue living the same way as I've always had. I'm not entirely sure if I would give too much credence to the knowledge that I know when I'm going to die since I'm not a fatalistic person.

Last edited:

I don't think I'd be able to resist the curiosity. I guess if it's not a natural death or if the circumstances were really stupid or otherwise preventable I might change something in order to avoid it. I'm also assuming that it's actually changeable as opposed to some fatal genetic defect that is beyond fixing.

I would rather not know. But if I did happen to learn such a thing was close... I would probably spend my remaining time writing letters, making audio recordings, posting videos, organizing my affairs, etc. Just letting someone else know where everything is and such. *nods*

Well first I KNOW I am going to die. When, sometime in the next 100 years. Your question really is about exact time and place.
I think it would be fun to try and avoid it. Your supposed to die in Japan so go to the other side of the world type thing.
Also knowing the exact place, time ect of where you kick it would answer a lot of questions because you know someone has answers to things that are technically imposible to know.

If you could know when you were going to die would you want to know?
I want the exact countdown by the second.
Why or why not?
Because I often forget that I'm going to die.
I've wasted a ridiculous amount of time. I'm working now to be better than I was in the past. I would rather die than fail.

There's things I need to accomplish and sensations that I must experience before I die.

Last edited:
that's a really interesting question. I think I would not want to know, because it would make it harder to live in the moment, to experience simple pleasures like watching a movie or talking to family. I would just constantly be thinking about how I was going to die in X number of days and how I wasn't using my time well. and of course if the universe was trolling me and I ended up living past the death date, i'd be fucking pissed.

I'll pass on that info.

If I knew, I'd likely make few changes.