If only I could feel this way about God | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

If only I could feel this way about God

We sang this in our church a few times.
Sometimes I think it is easier for less intelligent people to believe. The smarter one is, the more they think, and over think and then they end up tied up in a knot and not knowing what to believe.
I've thought this, but not in such the same way as you. As an INFJ, with a strong ability to have a deeper understanding then most people, it's really hard to not have the thought that most people are more simple minded. But I feel guilty for thinking that, bc who am I to say that I am smarter, or better in any way?
But I still do have those thoughts and its almost pity, or empathy, that they just don't get things the way I do . It's cringy, but truth. :/

Last edited:
I think I'm just having nostalgia and I still love the music, lol. Idk I have many questions that the most respected theologians can't answer because all of their evidence is either backed by the Bible, or their faith.
what are the questions?

what are the questions?
They aren't in word form, at the moment. I would have to sit down with pen and paper to organize how I wanted to ask so I could get the best answer lol.

I guess it makes sense they couldn't answer if they were waiting for you to write it down. I will wait for you to write them down for me to try to answer.

Reactions: Skarekrow and April
I guess it makes sense they couldn't answer if they were waiting for you to write it down. I will wait for you to write them down for me to try to answer.
No bother. There are sooo many details that contradict eachother in religion and the Bible. And while I am severely complex and paradoxical myself. It's just too complicated and and I don't have the energy right now lol.

I've been reading this thread. And figured I'd throw in. God. Does exist. God has no skin in the human game though. If God stepped in everything would fall apart. This world is set up for you to see what you can do in it. If God intervenes in any way he messes up everyone else. Your prayer could potentially cancel another's prayers. That's the problem I have with asking God. I ask for wisdom but never anything material. God is there. And listening. And communicating.

It seems to me the first step in finding God is to look at the world around you. Look at the trees. Look how they give everything to the world. How the branches reach out to the sun. Always reaching toward the light. Everything is fed by the light.
As you begin to see the order in the world around you that is when you start to see Gods work. You begin to discover that it's all Gods work.
The light needs the darkness. The positive needs a negative. Up needs down. Here needs there. On every level there is an opposing force. That force is balance. Life has to be happy and sad. It just does not work without it.
While I was at Seattle children's hospital this year with my son getting treatment for his brain cancer I saw lots of children and parents suffering through their kids health problems. All had faith. All we're there hoping for a cure. Some got that cure. Others did not and passed away. I saw people in there best and worst moods. I saw children still experiencing joy and happiness even though they could not walk or even move their arms and hands still finding happiness in the midst of sadness. Spinning doughnuts in their wheelchair using their mouth to steer through the halls laughing all the way. Life is living. In all conditions of happiness and sadness. Life is all of it.
Take your time with God. It's not going to happen all at once. It takes observation of the self and the world to find God within.
You are a God. A form of God. Made from Gods DNA. Think of all the things you can do. You can create and destroy. Love and hate. You can influence people's minds. So one naturally ask am I a good God? Do I live up to my belief and sense of God. How can I be a better God. What have I done to my little kingdom? As seeing God as you, you begin to understand that God cannot possibly help all. But with your help God can reach all. That is the grace you give others when you choose to love your self and see your inner God. If anything is to be gained in this life it will come through giving. Giving of yourself is the highest order among Gods you will never progress anywhere on the spiritual journey without giving of yourself. Your circumstances will improve when you give. Things may not happen all at once but once the ball starts rolling it picks up speed. The single fastest way to get with God is to give of yourself. Give your time to someone. Listen to them talk. Ponder with them. Realize that you are the same. That no one is different. That we all belong together. We are all a part of a big puzzle that is coming into shape. We grow when others grow with us. It's those things that bring the blessings of God. Peace can only be found after one has seen hell. Because the silence was made to be broken. Just as the summer turns to winter. We turn through our seasons and slowly grow just as all things on earth do. We are bound by the same rules as everything in life. Our heart beats without asking us to do so. We have so little faith. And within ourselves lies the evidence of creation and yet we won't accept it. The gift of creation. How amazing is it that your body does all it does without any thought from you. Just imagine if the heart started hating the kidneys. Or the stomache hated the liver. It all works and you don't have to think of it. We would be dead in hours or less if we were responsible for telling the cells in our bodies what to do. We couldn't possibly keep up with it all. It would overwhelm us totally. You could not think of anything else. For one misplaced thought and you'd be gone. Luckily your body takes care of the hard stuff so you can go play. So play. Sing and dance. Enjoy the fact that you can. Without having to worry about the really hard stuff that keeps you alive. God took care of it for you. So you can sit and ponder and discover the God within.

I was raised a Christian. Not in the American sense, you understand, but in the British. This means that everyone is just assumed to believe in God, and the teachings of Christ, and the only services you might attend are various rites of passage (usually just funerals to be honest). Nobody has any doctrinal knowledge or really an opinion on these matters. It might be more accurate to say that a lot of British Christians are really just theists with a Christian cultural baggage.

That sounds pretty "run of the mill" American as well.

I honestly have a deep loathing for all the bullshit that passes opinions these days and pretty tired of it all. As for God that is about the only truly decent person that anyone can ever hope for in this life while there are some good examples as to what a decent person is most of humanity one way or another are monsters on some level or another. Most opinions about/of God especially from those who think of themselves as educated and intellectual are cancer that it kills hope at the very root so people go on through life with nothing to keep themselves going beyond the usual means like drugs and alcohol. All that atheism really did for civilization was make the suicide rates go up.

I cant wait for God to pull to plug and start over on a clean slate after memory wiping everyone.

Reactions: Skarekrow
@April , you have so many really great thoughts to ponder from all the people who have responded, so I'll try and be brief with my own ideas. A question - what is it that you really, really want deep down? It sounds to me as though on the ground floor what you need is certainty - preferably the certainty of a secure faith in God and an experience of his love. But it also sounds like if this isn't possible, you would like the certainty of freeing yourself from the roots of religion that are still buried inside you so that you can live perhaps an agnostic life without regret, or vestiges of fear of divine retribution.

My personal take on this is that we need to be true to our own gifts, character and destiny. That means that it's far better to be an atheist or an agnostic because that is our personal free and considered choice, rather than a Christian because that's what is expected of us, or from fear, or because we want to stay inside a religious "nursery". I'm saying this as a committed Christian myself - I think that God would prefer an honest and authentic agnostic than a half hearted and reluctant Christian. Whichever way we choose, for anyone struggling with this I think that the key is to do some seeking like you are now, but then make a conscious personal choice and a commitment to that choice based on the best input and reflection you can give it. Of course you can't get rid of the doubts or the emotional baggage just like that, and there's always more to learn too - such a decision is a starting point to set us on a clear path, but we've still got to walk it. It's our very own path then though, not someone else's that we are treading and that's a very liberating experience - my intuition is that these paths all lead to the same places eventually, but the journey is more important than the destination for most of us.

There are people who can witness to God's existence from direct experience rather than through layers of accreted religion - I can myself. Sadly, it's unconvincing to others who are full of doubts because the experience can't be shared easily - it's like trying to describe the colour green to someone who has never been able to see, but harder. How do I know I'm not deceiving myself? There are books written by Christian and non-Christian mystics over many centuries that describe these experiences. When I read them, its like when you read others people's INFJ experiences and it just clicks with you and you think "that's me too". Why some people have this sort of experience and some don't I can't say - He hasn't told me!

No bother. There are sooo many details that contradict eachother in religion and the Bible. And while I am severely complex and paradoxical myself. It's just too complicated and and I don't have the energy right now lol.
I would be glad to hear how you are complex and paradoxical or any other thing you would like to tell

Reactions: April
I've been reading this thread. And figured I'd throw in. God. Does exist. God has no skin in the human game though. If God stepped in everything would fall apart. This world is set up for you to see what you can do in it. If God intervenes in any way he messes up everyone else. Your prayer could potentially cancel another's prayers. That's the problem I have with asking God. I ask for wisdom but never anything material. God is there. And listening. And communicating.

It seems to me the first step in finding God is to look at the world around you. Look at the trees. Look how they give everything to the world. How the branches reach out to the sun. Always reaching toward the light. Everything is fed by the light.
As you begin to see the order in the world around you that is when you start to see Gods work. You begin to discover that it's all Gods work.
The light needs the darkness. The positive needs a negative. Up needs down. Here needs there. On every level there is an opposing force. That force is balance. Life has to be happy and sad. It just does not work without it.
While I was at Seattle children's hospital this year with my son getting treatment for his brain cancer I saw lots of children and parents suffering through their kids health problems. All had faith. All we're there hoping for a cure. Some got that cure. Others did not and passed away. I saw people in there best and worst moods. I saw children still experiencing joy and happiness even though they could not walk or even move their arms and hands still finding happiness in the midst of sadness. Spinning doughnuts in their wheelchair using their mouth to steer through the halls laughing all the way. Life is living. In all conditions of happiness and sadness. Life is all of it.
Take your time with God. It's not going to happen all at once. It takes observation of the self and the world to find God within.
You are a God. A form of God. Made from Gods DNA. Think of all the things you can do. You can create and destroy. Love and hate. You can influence people's minds. So one naturally ask am I a good God? Do I live up to my belief and sense of God. How can I be a better God. What have I done to my little kingdom? As seeing God as you, you begin to understand that God cannot possibly help all. But with your help God can reach all. That is the grace you give others when you choose to love your self and see your inner God. If anything is to be gained in this life it will come through giving. Giving of yourself is the highest order among Gods you will never progress anywhere on the spiritual journey without giving of yourself. Your circumstances will improve when you give. Things may not happen all at once but once the ball starts rolling it picks up speed. The single fastest way to get with God is to give of yourself. Give your time to someone. Listen to them talk. Ponder with them. Realize that you are the same. That no one is different. That we all belong together. We are all a part of a big puzzle that is coming into shape. We grow when others grow with us. It's those things that bring the blessings of God. Peace can only be found after one has seen hell. Because the silence was made to be broken. Just as the summer turns to winter. We turn through our seasons and slowly grow just as all things on earth do. We are bound by the same rules as everything in life. Our heart beats without asking us to do so. We have so little faith. And within ourselves lies the evidence of creation and yet we won't accept it. The gift of creation. How amazing is it that your body does all it does without any thought from you. Just imagine if the heart started hating the kidneys. Or the stomache hated the liver. It all works and you don't have to think of it. We would be dead in hours or less if we were responsible for telling the cells in our bodies what to do. We couldn't possibly keep up with it all. It would overwhelm us totally. You could not think of anything else. For one misplaced thought and you'd be gone. Luckily your body takes care of the hard stuff so you can go play. So play. Sing and dance. Enjoy the fact that you can. Without having to worry about the really hard stuff that keeps you alive. God took care of it for you. So you can sit and ponder and discover the God within.
That is beautiful but the things that you speak of are biological science, not evidence of God. But you're right it's quite miraculous.

I honestly have a deep loathing for all the bullshit that passes opinions these days and pretty tired of it all. As for God that is about the only truly decent person that anyone can ever hope for in this life while there are some good examples as to what a decent person is most of humanity one way or another are monsters on some level or another. Most opinions about/of God especially from those who think of themselves as educated and intellectual are cancer that it kills hope at the very root so people go on through life with nothing to keep themselves going beyond the usual means like drugs and alcohol. All that atheism really did for civilization was make the suicide rates go up.

I cant wait for God to pull to plug and start over on a clean slate after memory wiping everyone.
>.>

Reactions: Skarekrow
@April , you have so many really great thoughts to ponder from all the people who have responded, so I'll try and be brief with my own ideas. A question - what is it that you really, really want deep down? It sounds to me as though on the ground floor what you need is certainty - preferably the certainty of a secure faith in God and an experience of his love. But it also sounds like if this isn't possible, you would like the certainty of freeing yourself from the roots of religion that are still buried inside you so that you can live perhaps an agnostic life without regret, or vestiges of fear of divine retribution.

My personal take on this is that we need to be true to our own gifts, character and destiny. That means that it's far better to be an atheist or an agnostic because that is our personal free and considered choice, rather than a Christian because that's what is expected of us, or from fear, or because we want to stay inside a religious "nursery". I'm saying this as a committed Christian myself - I think that God would prefer an honest and authentic agnostic than a half hearted and reluctant Christian. Whichever way we choose, for anyone struggling with this I think that the key is to do some seeking like you are now, but then make a conscious personal choice and a commitment to that choice based on the best input and reflection you can give it. Of course you can't get rid of the doubts or the emotional baggage just like that, and there's always more to learn too - such a decision is a starting point to set us on a clear path, but we've still got to walk it. It's our very own path then though, not someone else's that we are treading and that's a very liberating experience - my intuition is that these paths all lead to the same places eventually, but the journey is more important than the destination for most of us.

There are people who can witness to God's existence from direct experience rather than through layers of accreted religion - I can myself. Sadly, it's unconvincing to others who are full of doubts because the experience can't be shared easily - it's like trying to describe the colour green to someone who has never been able to see, but harder. How do I know I'm not deceiving myself? There are books written by Christian and non-Christian mystics over many centuries that describe these experiences. When I read them, its like when you read others people's INFJ experiences and it just clicks with you and you think "that's me too". Why some people have this sort of experience and some don't I can't say - He hasn't told me!
I always enjoy your insight @John K thank you! I have much to ponder you're right, but I love all the incoming replies! <3

We sang this in our church a few times.
Sometimes I think it is easier for less intelligent people to believe. The smarter one is, the more they think, and over think and then they end up tied up in a knot and not knowing what to believe.

The really smart people or at least the really curious ones... Untie the knots :)

At the age of 16 I became a born again Christian and started to study the Bible. I read about 80% of it and really couldn’t find a particular God. What I found was a collection of stories that were seemingly irrational although I tried to deny that fact, I would rationalize “well that’s just Gods way” A very simple answer to a complicated question. I enjoyed my time as a born again believer however it simply wasn’t enough for me to stay. I witnessed hypocrisy, betrayal and pretty much every flaw you could think of. Which I get we’re all human but the question is why do I need this? If it would state in biblical text “Why, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” In my mind being handed the answers to all your woe’s is not the road to personal salvation/enlightenment.

I think my biggest issue in this particular chapter of my life was the dishonesty of the church as a whole. I witnessed Christianity as a shroud to cover one’s own enlightenment and to keep people from realizing existentialism. In my mind this would be the gateway to understanding individuality. So therefore I view it as being dishonest with yourself and those that surround you. How can truth reign if it begins under the veil of a lie? This is the inherent flaw that I witnessed.

After leaving the church to start a new journey I found myself a blank slate once again, ready to be sculpted. To this point I believe we always find the answers we seek. We just have to be honest with ourselves and shake our fear of death. Something I’ve found to be a truth is the illusion of fear, it’s just negative imagination. I also find this tool is utilized by way too many organization as a mechanism of control. I guess the point here is if you keep people in fear you can keep them from realizing the self and collective consciousness, if you can do that you can exploit them. I am not sure if this is the intent or if it’s something unconsciously driven, that’s a bigger question that’s fragmented in my mind.

News = Fear

Religions = Fear

Governments = Fear

Today I walk the earth not knowing the ultimate truth of consciousness. However like an antenna I project my consciousness to the infinite cosmos and ask questions. I let it go and I wait for inspiration to come back to me. I don’t try anymore and I have found that less is actually more it’s a paradox in my reality.

I think I may have some answers to the questions your seeking, if you have the patience...

Reactions: Skarekrow and April

We are all God... So what you say makes me laugh... Especially when people call God names I'm just .... like ....you really have no idea...