If God Were Real... | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

If God Were Real...

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
Revelations come to mind. How was air revealed to us? Is air something we truly understand? How was water revealed to us? Did we not live our first few months in water in a womb? That first breath of air is a special one we truly take for granted, but it brought about a big change. When we receive the breath of life, why do we cry? Surely it must be quite the experience, even to a newborn child. Isn't air such a marvelous thing?

If air were removed, how would we understand things? How then could we respond to each other? How wise would we be? Would we not almost cry like a newborn trying to find that first breath of air? It seems air is a necessity for our body to function, but do we praise air? Are we ever thankful for the air we breathe? Do we not take it for granted? It's always there.

The Bible is the only place in the world I personally can always go to and feel welcomed and a sigh of relief. How was air first used with life? God breathed the breath of life into the nostrils of the first man Adam. Sounds almost like the birth of a newborn.
Jesus came in a virgin womb to this world as a man, which was created in the image of God. He came through water of the womb to the breath of air into this world. Yet, God chose the foolishness of preaching to confound the wisdom of this world. Why was the cross so important? That breath of life was removed from Jesus so he died as a man. Yet, He was seen talking and walking three days later. Does that change the way you understand air? Water? What about life?

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I'm going to get crap from people about the title but I needed something catchy.

If God (of any sort) revealed itself to humanity, showing without a shred of doubt that it exists, would you follow it without questioning it's motives?

Would it matter what doctrine it aligned with (i.e. Christianity or Islam is actually the most accurate)?

Discuss

I know with me, I don't think I would.

God isn't a doctrine. I don't think you need to worry about that. What if God were you, having your experience?
What would He think or do? That's a bit more the issue. And a bit more of the fact of the matter. Improving ourselves as aspects of God.
Yes there is a God, and it's everything you see, touch, smell, hear, and yes what you feel. It's all smiling at you and supporting your growth.
What if God was like an infinite, omnipresent, all knowing Santa Claus, and all that's happening is that we're refusing his gifts.

Reactions: Wyote