I want to be a sensor | INFJ Forum

I want to be a sensor

pessimist

Jul 19, 2015
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I go for a walk I want to notice everything around me; I want to feel the breeze on my face, notice the color and model of every car I encounter, see every sight, smell every odor, hear every sound. As an HSP I am aware of the subtleties in my environment and 'pick' up on things, but the rest of what is going on around me is merely background noise. When I walk I am in my head either thinking or fantasizing.

I have out of control Ne to the point where it is borderline schizophrenic. I can imagine and see everything from multiple perspectives and I analyze the shit out of everything. Overactive imagination, anxiety, paranoia, and procrastination are the result.

I want to live in the present, notice details, find enjoyment in sensory pleasure, but most of all get out of my head. In other words I think I want to be normal (kinda weird for a 4w5).

Any other N types wish they were an S type? Is there some trick to turn oneself into one?

When I go for a walk I want to notice everything around me; I want to feel the breeze on my face, notice the color and model of every car I encounter, see every sight, smell every odor, hear every sound. As an HSP I am aware of the subtleties in my environment and 'pick' up on things, but the rest of what is going on around me is merely background noise. When I walk I am in my head either thinking or fantasizing.

I have out of control Ne to the point where it is borderline schizophrenic. I can imagine and see everything from multiple perspectives and I analyze the shit out of everything. Overactive imagination, anxiety, paranoia, and procrastination are the result.

I want to live in the present, notice details, find enjoyment in sensory pleasure, but most of all get out of my head. In other words I think I want to be normal (kinda weird for a 4w5).

Any other N types wish they were an S type? Is there some trick to turn oneself into one?

Jung wrote (paraphrasing) that as we get older and move through the different stages of our lives that we would also become more interesting in, pay attention to, and learn to use our less developed functions. Look up “Individuation”.

Personally, I think you need to try meditation.
You have thoughts that run wild, you cannot seem to calm your mind…and you wish to be more present.
Meditation will help all those things.
They have even shown that the brain and body benefits from the very first attempt.
It does take practice, but not a lot to see some significant results.
If you look on youtube there are hundreds of guided meditations to try…you can even search for specific ones for stress, calming your mind, etc.
Some are really good, and some kinda suck, so try to find one that works for you.
And remember, you may not be able to quiet your mind the first few times…but it is quite attainable.

I love to be me.all weird and things
I love the way people don't understand me ! I don't wanna be normal :)

BE HOWEVER YOU WANT.YOU CAN CHANGE WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT

I love to be me.all weird and things
I love the way people don't understand me ! I don't wanna be normal :)

BE HOWEVER YOU WANT.YOU CAN CHANGE WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT

I agree that everyone should just be themselves, even if that is quirky and weird to other people.
However, if it is causing the OP personal stress or they feel they need to do this to grow that is okay too IMO.

Just develop your Se/Si. It's not that hard. Just clear your mind and focus on the world around you. I do that. It stops me from going insane :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk