[INFJ] - I need help! I can't stand being criticized! Critical relatives daily. | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] I need help! I can't stand being criticized! Critical relatives daily.

You better not be my kid.
teenager.jpg

Mom, OMFG quit being a pool of sadness! Get OUT OF MY THREAD! This is SO EMBARRASSING!

To the OP, can you give an example of a day with her?

I know the feeling. My mother does that as well.
Usually I avoid on on one time whenever possible - my father, sister and brother keep her occupied, so the focus is not as intense.
Also give my mother something to do (clean, cook, go shopping) and she will be too busy and she will be feeling like helping me (instead of helping by giving me advice on how wrong everything is that I do) :)

Another thing that is helping in minimal steps is telling her what annoys me and why.
Like when I am really happy to have bought something I have been thinking about a long time and she criticizes it for being necessary, I will tell her that this hurts me as I just have been happy and that now I really lost my happiness. I know it is manipulative, but she does feel a bit bad about it. And since we Kids started telling her these things she has become a little bit better and sometimes she even recognizes it, when she is doing it and stops.

Anyways, I do not know your mother, but I know mine loves me very much, despite all the criticism and nagging.

Oh the best way to deal with it would be like my father: he just lets it all wash over him without listening or just nods and does it differently afterwards anyways :)

Good luck and try to enjoy her anyways.

Reactions: slant