I believe in the Anglosphere | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I believe in the Anglosphere

Sound like the Anglosphere is just a code word for the rest of us (ie Canadians, Brits, Aussies) supporting the interventionist, neo con foreign policy of the US, as outlined by the Project for the New American Century and the Foreign Policy Initiative among others.

Count me out, with due respect to Hitch who was a formidable debater and rhetorician whom I greatly admired, but often disagreed with. History so far has proved him wrong, as the interventionist escapades of the neo cons have lead to nothing but disaster and further radicalization in the Middle East. Now we are talking perpetual warfare with ISIL, definitely calling for troops on the ground which nobody including the neo cons really want.

So here we are in a worse mess than we had when Saddam was around, with nobody ready willing or able to intervene again because they know this time we will never be able to leave Iraq and Syria. We will have maintain troops over there forever. Who has the taste in their mouths for that?

'We owe the term “Anglosphere” in large part to the historian and poet Robert Conquest, who this summer celebrated his 90th year of invincible common sense and courage in the fight against totalitarian thinking.

Sound like the Anglosphere is just a code word for the rest of us (ie Canadians, Brits, Aussies) supporting the interventionist, neo con foreign policy of the US, as outlined by the Project for the New American Century and the Foreign Policy Initiative among others.

Count me out, with due respect to Hitch who was a formidable debater and rhetorician whom I greatly admired, but often disagreed with.

Perhaps he meant "anglersphere"?

attachment.php

Count me out, with due respect to Hitch who was a formidable debater and rhetorician whom I greatly admired, but often disagreed with. History so far has proved him wrong, as the interventionist escapades of the neo cons have lead to nothing but disaster and further radicalization in the Middle East. Now we are talking perpetual warfare with ISIL, definitely calling for troops on the ground which nobody including the neo cons really want.

So here we are in a worse mess than we had when Saddam was around, with nobody ready willing or able to intervene again because they know this time we will never be able to leave Iraq and Syria. We will have maintain troops over there forever. Who has the taste in their mouths for that?

I am sorry to disappoint, but the term 'Anglosphere' has absolutely nothing to do with Neo-Conservatism. Wanting to intervene or begin conflict does not automatically equate a Neo-Conservative outlook on the world. It's important to separate the definition of the term and your own political views, as people might get confused. I also need to ask why people keep placing rhetoric and Hitchens together; if you read his books and watch his debates, you'll notice that he doesn't rely on his extensive vocabulary, nor does he exploit figures of speech, in my opinion. I think he was one of the most rationally-minded people, despite his 'controversial' and 'outspoken' views. The 'mess' we are in is because of insurgencies that were upset over the fact that the coalition cut-off their live-line with Saddam and now prefer to take it by force.

Last edited:
I believe that the Anglosphere must continue to stand together in its shared alliance to make sure that an extremely chaotic and uncertain post-9/11 world is given some kind of security against the threat of Islamism.

Funny you say that, because If I look at the bombing campaigns in Syria, pretty much nothing was done against ISIS by the "anglosphere"... Progress made in Syria is only happening now that the Russians joined in.
Iraq was even vividly told not to ask Russia for help either, or all support would be withdrawn. [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-iraq-chose-between-american-and-russian-airstrikes-in-isis-fight/](Source)[/URL]

Poll results displayed on the internet also show that people who believe the truth that was presented to us by the news about 9/11 is in the minority.
These polls also show that the majority of american's who participated in this poll believe it was an inside job.

Perhaps if the majority is correct in believing so, then the "threat of Islamism" was created and brought into reality by the actions of countries in this anglosphere...
Even if this is not the source of it then the resulting policies and wars since then are a likely source.

Probably won't have the Anglosphere for too much longer anyhow. Will probably fizzle out within most of our lifetimes.

Probably won't have the Anglosphere for too much longer anyhow. Will probably fizzle out within most of our lifetimes.

I don't think that it will ever go away, but it will probably change a great deal in our lifetimes. In India more people speak English than Canada and Australia combined. Focus will probably change to Asia and former colonies, but English and western ideas will most likely become more common with time. It's a lingua franca for most merchants all over the world. That alone is a reason for English to spread tremendously.

Funny you say that, because If I look at the bombing campaigns in Syria, pretty much nothing was done against ISIS by the "anglosphere"... Progress made in Syria is only happening now that the Russians joined in.
Iraq was even vividly told not to ask Russia for help either, or all support would be withdrawn. [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-iraq-chose-between-american-and-russian-airstrikes-in-isis-fight/](Source)[/URL]

Poll results displayed on the internet also show that people who believe the truth that was presented to us by the news about 9/11 is in the minority.
These polls also show that the majority of american's who participated in this poll believe it was an inside job.

Perhaps if the majority is correct in believing so, then the "threat of Islamism" was created and brought into reality by the actions of countries in this anglosphere...
Even if this is not the source of it then the resulting policies and wars since then are a likely source.

Please do trust my words when I say that I do share your frustration at the Anglosphere's inability to do something about the Syrian problem. I would never claim the Anglosphere has made no mistakes; they've made plenty. Although I have to take issue with your idea that Russia is jumping in and saving the day. Putin's air force are targeting the direct opponents of the Assad regime; this includes ISIS, but the primary targets are the rebel armies and militias that are attacking Assad's forces. I don't understand why you would side with a leader that has such bizarre alliances with dictators and potential criminals.

Please do trust my words when I say that I do share your frustration at the Anglosphere's inability to do something about the Syrian problem. I would never claim the Anglosphere has made no mistakes; they've made plenty. Although I have to take issue with your idea that Russia is jumping in and saving the day. Putin's air force are targeting the direct opponents of the Assad regime; this includes ISIS, but the primary targets are the rebel armies and militias that are attacking Assad's forces. I don't understand why you would side with a leader that has such bizarre alliances with dictators and potential criminals.

Simple. The people there were better off before we started messing up the middle east and by replacing the legitimate government infrastructure by tearing out the old one and putting some random people in charge will just cause a repeat of libya.