Humble Religion | INFJ Forum

Humble Religion

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
http://www.newsleader.com/article/20111101/OPINION02/111010315I thought this artical was great. You go, Rabbi!

Rabbi Yerachmiel ben Yisrael, participating in an ecumenical panel discussion, was asked: "Rabbi, aren't all religions equally true?" To which the Rabbi replied: "No, all religions are equally false."
The Rabbi's message was that we human beings should acknowledge with sincere humility that our conceptions of God, our understanding of the sacred and divine, our vision of humanity within creation remain imperfect, simplistic, flawed and too often are based on selfish and perverse reasons.

The portion on Mormons was a nice touch. Considering I live in LDS land and the more rural you get, the more "extreme" you find! I've known every type there is and can also say the article was pretty accurate about that.

I always like listening to Rabbis speak about philosophy. They always seem a lot more open than most when discussing these things - like saying that all religions are equally false, priceless! But... this is still a rather prejudiced view on religion; assuming they all follow the same basic principals and beliefs in God, heaven, etc.

Glad the article mentioned "spirituality" as well as "religiosity" in there as well.

Very, very good article.