How would you read this person? | INFJ Forum

How would you read this person?

- She's young and going through some emotional/body image troubles
- She obviously is from some foreign country, which will have some effect on our perception of her
- She's still reasonably open about things. She is honest and able to express herself and talk about her troubles. I think that's a good thing.
- I can also see how some people could see her as just another dumb, self-obsessed kid
- She seems pretty intelligent and interesting to me, just troubled

Was this what you were wondering about?

She came across to me as a young woman with low self-esteem who has turned to proana style support groups which is causing her to sink into a depression and distorting her body image further. I have a feeling what she is calling a binge is just above normal calorie intake that feels out of control for her as she is probably trying to severely restrict her calories, causing her to binge. Obviously she is going to be out of control and depressed as long as that continues. I didn't watch the entire video honestly because it seemed draining and negative. A bit toxic, but no more troubled than anyone else. I thought she seemed pretty self aware and hopefully she'll pull out of her funk. She's entirely too young for me to judge her too harshly. We all struggle with something.

Not sure what you're looking for, but that was my impression of her.

Adding to what @niffer & @CindyLou said, I think she is seeking sympathy. She is very introverted. I think she is crying out for help, for support. She is not on the brink of self destruction but she is self concerned. Uses a lot of "I" statements which indicates Fi. She expresses her personal feelings clearly. She gives off this vibe of "I think something is really wrong with me, HELP!!!" This is the underlying feeling I have of her mood or emotions. I think she feels alone and unheard. It seems she feels the people in her life may not take her concerns seriously. She acknowledges the presence of perfectionism and self criticism. And she is clearly able to explain her feelings. She uses Ne quite a bit. She considers many possibilities or causes for her concerns. She sounds a bit obsessed with figuring out the cause of the emotional issues affecting her. I think she's a classic INFP. She is very self aware and has a good understanding of herself, and has the ability to objectively analyze her behavior. Good use of Te, explaining herself and her problems. She is able to lay out her thoughts, feelings, and reasons for her feelings. She is focused inward, internally on her inner life. She's a P - expresses uncertainty and possibility, but avoids stating anything is true or certain. I think at the end of the day, she is seeking acknowledgment of her feelings and understanding of her concerns. I think INFPs tend to get stressed or frustrated when they're not understood or when they're misunderstood or when their feelings, thoughts, or concerns are ignored or dismissed. They can be become quite obsessed with being acknowledged or understood. (Why does this sound so familiar?) :D

Reactions: Soulful
- She's young and going through some emotional/body image troubles
- She obviously is from some foreign country, which will have some effect on our perception of her
- She's still reasonably open about things. She is honest and able to express herself and talk about her troubles. I think that's a good thing.
- I can also see how some people could see her as just another dumb, self-obsessed kid
- She seems pretty intelligent and interesting to me, just troubled

Was this what you were wondering about?

She came across to me as a young woman with low self-esteem who has turned to proana style support groups which is causing her to sink into a depression and distorting her body image further. I have a feeling what she is calling a binge is just above normal calorie intake that feels out of control for her as she is probably trying to severely restrict her calories, causing her to binge. Obviously she is going to be out of control and depressed as long as that continues. I didn't watch the entire video honestly because it seemed draining and negative. A bit toxic, but no more troubled than anyone else. I thought she seemed pretty self aware and hopefully she'll pull out of her funk. She's entirely too young for me to judge her too harshly. We all struggle with something.

Not sure what you're looking for, but that was my impression of her.

Adding to what @niffer & @CindyLou said, I think she is seeking sympathy. She is very introverted. I think she is crying out for help, for support. She is not on the brink of self destruction but she is self concerned. Uses a lot of "I" statements which indicates Fi. She expresses her personal feelings clearly. She gives off this vibe of "I think something is really wrong with me, HELP!!!" This is the underlying feeling I have of her mood or emotions. I think she feels alone and unheard. It seems she feels the people in her life may not take her concerns seriously. She acknowledges the presence of perfectionism and self criticism. And she is clearly able to explain her feelings. She uses Ne quite a bit. She considers many possibilities or causes for her concerns. She sounds a bit obsessed with figuring out the cause of the emotional issues affecting her. I think she's a classic INFP. She is very self aware and has a good understanding of herself, and has the ability to objectively analyze her behavior. Good use of Te, explaining herself and her problems. She is able to lay out her thoughts, feelings, and reasons for her feelings. She is focused inward, internally on her inner life. She's a P - expresses uncertainty and possibility, but avoids stating anything is true or certain. I think at the end of the day, she is seeking acknowledgment of her feelings and understanding of her concerns. I think INFPs tend to get stressed or frustrated when they're not understood or when they're misunderstood or when their feelings, thoughts, or concerns are ignored or dismissed. They can be become quite obsessed with being acknowledged or understood. (Why does this sound so familiar?) :D

For sure x 3. :)
I think I needed to make my questions more clear and also offer a trigger warning/disclaimer. I'm sorry about that. It felt negative to me, too.

I guess I am wondering what you thought aside from her subject of discussion. Not so much what she said, but how she said it and how she went about organizing her thoughts. Did you find her flakey, all over the place, self-contradictory, self-blaming or self-excusing, mature or immature, easy to follow, whiny, etc.? So not what she is going through, but how she said what she said and her self-presentation. IF you recall and can comment that'd be great, but if not no worries of course. Please don't re-watch the video to comment if it didn't feel ok doing so the first time. :)

For sure x 3. :)
I think I needed to make my questions more clear and also offer a trigger warning/disclaimer. I'm sorry about that. It felt negative to me, too.

I guess I am wondering what you thought aside from her subject of discussion. Not so much what she said, but how she said it and how she went about organizing her thoughts. Did you find her flakey, all over the place, self-contradictory, self-blaming or self-excusing, mature or immature, easy to follow, whiny, etc.? So not what she is going through, but how she said what she said and her self-presentation. IF you recall and can comment that'd be great, but if not no worries of course. Please don't re-watch the video to comment if it didn't feel ok doing so the first time. :)

From what I remember I did find her a bit flaky and a tad spoiled. I'm not sure how old she was, but I definitely thought she was immature -- I made excuses for her due to her being much younger than myself.

She contradicts herself multiple times. She doesn't seem to understand that restricting itself is casing the binges. She keeps focusing on the result and not the cause. She seems to point fingers at everyone but herself all while still blaming herself for being some sort of a failure? I'm not sure how she is able to do that in her mind? She apologizes to...who? Why is she sorry? Who should she apologize to for gaining the weight back? The entire idea that she is apologizing to anyone for gaining weight is ridiculous to me. If anything she should write an apology or make an apology video to herself. I was a bit disturbed by that, but just wrote it off due to her age and gender. She is somehow able to be self-blaming AND self-excusing all at the same time. Congrats to her for pulling THAT off. loool.

She wasn't easy to follow but I think that was mostly due to the music. Otherwise, I didn't have much trouble following from what I watched though she is a bit all over the place. She says she binged the past week but also binged in France? At this point I question if she is actually binge eating or if a binge = not restricting.

It's hard for me to separate what she is actually saying when trying to describe how she is coming across to me. From the parts of the video that I watched, the message that she was trying to convey was that she had gained the weight back, made a doc appointment (for what I don't know) and was sorry. I guess all of that came through to me. I got the vibe that she wants her mother to take her more seriously, and her mother doesn't for whatever reason. Her Mother gave her some good advice, but she ignores it because her mom doesn't seem to take her binges seriously. I'm not sure what she wants her Mom to do to "take her seriously" or what that means to her so her Mom can give her what she needs. She also has to have her Mom call the doctor for her and she said it took "courage" for her to admit that to her Mom. That tells me they are not super close but there is some sort of relationship there or she would have just called herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soulful