[INFJ] - How was you as a child? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] How was you as a child?

I was a little shit. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

My dad would tell me the good ol’ story how I would be constantly running throughout the whole store and parking lot full speed when I was 3 and he would have such a hard time catching up to me. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Loved playing in the dirt and used to play a bit aggressively despite being considerably smaller than my peers.

Yeah that sounds about right

As a child a had a lot of friends, I were really bossy when playing with other kids:sweatsmile:, I was not afraid to say what I meant (!!), but I cared a lot for my younger siblings and cousins (they are much younger than me).

All of this is very familiar. I was the unofficial leader of my three siblings, and decided on all our games and invented massive and (for a child) elaborate mythologies in which our games always operated. I could be very tyrannical, especially when I was young, and prided myself on being the tidiest, the best behaved. I slightly resented that the older of my two younger sisters was far more intuitively sensible than me and often the defacto 'eldest'. I was probably a pain to my siblings :smilingimp: :sweatsmile:

As a teenager I still had a lot of friends and was outside with friends all the time. Very careful when I meet new people, but I got to now new people very fast. I had a lot of thoughts, dreams and feelings.

I did not have many friends as a teenager, but I was intensely loyal to those I did have. The few times I felt betrayed were especially painful. I don't think I could have coped with a lot of friends at that time.

As an adult I still care a lot about other people and I want them to have a good life, but I'm very afraid to say what I mean (especially at work) and I'm very careful before I say anything (I like to think before I talk), I'm not bossy anymore (I think, but I have strong opinions that I'm not afraid to share to my friends/family). I still have a lot of friends, but I don't have so many "best friends" anymore which I miss to have. I have been thinking a lot about why so many friends is not in my life anymore, and when I found out that I'm an INFJ it all made sense.

I have more acquaintances now, but the same small group of long term, fiercely loyal friendships.

I remember I said to my mom when I was like 18-19 years old, that I get exhausted to have so many friends because everyone needs care (of course) and got mad when I haven't contacted them for a while. I

This is pure INFJness and absolutely relatable.

That's my story from my short life (I'm 24 years old). It would be very interesting if someone else want to share how you was as a child and as an adult? :smiley::smiley:

My mid-twenties were hard. And very isolated. But I learned a lot from that time in my life and I am glad for it.

giphy.gif

My childhood?

Books. Horror, science fiction and fantasy books. Reading and writing.
Anthony Horowitz, R. L. Stine, Roald Dahl, Jules Verne, etc.

Despite the fact that I am now an obsessive reader, I did not read that much when I was a child. Although, when I was young I had a lot read to me. Also... what @neko said...

I know you know this,
but you're so cool and smart. :relaxed:

I played in the woods a lot, did lots of creative stuffs like drawing and painting, rode my bike much further than my mother ever knew.

I miss how active I was when I was younger. And being active for its own sake, not to 'exercise' or any of that Patrick Bateman stuff :tonguewink:

I basically sat around giving people life advice while playing video games from the age of about 8 onward.

You were Allison "Allie" Keys from 2002's miniseries Taken! I can absolutely see that!

I was very very sensitive and cried easily. I played with the kids who lived in the same neighborhood. I remember how I started feeling lonely even though I had friends to play with. I wasn't afraid of bugs (yet)! lol. :smile: I loved to run to catch different bugs like tiny frogs for example. <3 They were much faster than 4 years old little girl. :tearsofjoy: I read many books and drew a lot. I loved playing video games as well.

Parents divorced when I was 5 years old and then... I wasn't a happy child anymore. :disappointed: No more catching bugs.

I was very very sensitive and cried easily. I played with the kids who lived in the same neighborhood. I remember how I started feeling lonely even though I had friends to play with. I wasn't afraid of bugs (yet)! lol. :smile: I loved to run to catch different bugs like tiny frogs for example. <3 They were much faster than 4 years old little girl. :tearsofjoy: I read many books and drew a lot. I loved playing video games as well.

Parents divorced when I was 5 years old and then... I wasn't a happy child anymore. :disappointed: No more catching bugs.
Awwww, my flower <3

I was very sensitive. My parents have said they rarely spanked my brother and I because it would have been useless. They could have spanked my brother for an hour and he would have just looked at them calmly and said, "are you done?" They said with me they only needed to look at me funny and I would burst into tears.

I grew up on a farm and my memories are largely of being alone in nature.

I do have a memory of my brother and I doing a chicken dance to a 45 record of chickens clucking "in the mood." Still makes me smile. So my appreciation of quirk started young.

My mom had a plaque on the wall with this saying:

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"

She said it was because that's what having conversations with me was like. I think she found me a little frustrating and enjoyed me. She was infp.

I was socially awkward and picked on. My mom was not the kind of mom that made sure her kids were clean and well-dressed. I was called "Raggedy Ann" by my classmates in elementary school, but I was so disengaged I didn't know it until they told me about it as an adult.

I was a major clutz. Boys would walk next to me in the halls, mock tripping over their feet and mockingly tell me "don't trip."

I was befriended by a popular girl in high school who saw potential in me. I became popular as her sidekick. Then a few years later, I had enough of her mean girl shit and separated. I settled in with two very different best friends. One was an evangelical Christian who had a rough home life like me (just a stepdad instead of stepmom). She wanted to save me and invited me to bible studies at her church. I went and was open, but she knew I didn't believe. I did like the warmth of the community. My other best friend was the child of a hippie mother who loved Bon Jovi and Metallica and Stephen King. She was smart and thought critically about things in a way that was unusual in our small school. After a break-up with a boyfriend she wished, out of anger, that he would die in a fiery car crash. Then he did. My Christian friend was convinced my other friend had cursed him. Aside from the obvious pain that a life was gone, I found the conflict between the way these two people experienced the world, and my ability to like and connect with both of them, kind of humorous.

I became Snow Princess (second tier to homecoming queen), mostly because I was nice to people, and people actually like you when you're nice. Not that I thought that then. I was just nice because I genuinely like people and see interesting and likable qualities in most people.

Interesting memory lane. I could keep going, but out of kindness, I'll stop. :)

I will leave you with this bit of quirk from my childhood, though:

What a lovely story. :)