How to identify bad people | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How to identify bad people

My avatar speaks words of "darkness where there is no light". We see a lot in people's eyes. We watch how they react to others. Next we find the deceitful ones. We wonder if they are hiding or protecting something. Some don't know which way to turn.
"We could help you better if we just knew what it was you wanted." Might cause a little caution, but is that deceit?

I have found it to be true most people are brought up told to be quiet about things: to look the other way. In the end, it is what most people do when faced with the really bad, but are they really bad?

"I am dedicated to the belief that it is God's will that all men should strive for wisdom in themselves, not look to it from some other. Babes, perhaps, must have their food chewed for them by a nurse, but men may drink and eat of wisdom for themselves.” ― Marion Zimmer Bradley

It takes a wise man to truly distinguish in his own heart what is evil, and what is good." Marion Zimmer Bradley

From King Arthur: Legend of the Sword; " Arthur learns that we all want to look away from the bad. That's what makes the difference between a man and a king; a king looks into the darkness and finds answers." From a review

Personally, most people do not think they can stand up to true darkness, and feel they will be accused of betrayal should they say anything. The presence of a King seems to always bother the darkness, for the darkness knows what a King will do, even in the quiet of his mind: for he is never alone. He will only do what is necessary. Such are we in our walks through life. Always see both sides of the coin.

A little leaven leavens the whole lump. Galations

Last edited:
- Emotionally manipulative. Someone who leverages their knowledge of another person's weak spots to apply guilt or some other negative emotion in order to gain the upper hand.
- To that point, people who treat other human beings as pieces in a game to be mastered aren't simply bad, they are dangerous. This is usually easiest to spot when observing their interactions with people besides yourself.
- Intellectual dishonesty. I'm not talking about ignorance - everyone has blind spots, and everyone's thought processes are subjective to a degree. Rather, I mean people who have all the tools and evidence necessary to know that their positions are built upon false premises, yet they persist in them anyway. In a vacuum this isn't necessarily "bad" or morally wrong but it is a telling point for someone who will try to twist the facts to their own advantage when possible.
- Bullying. This one's pretty simple. Good people simply do not spend their time bullying or demeaning others. Think someone who spends hours trolling others or fomenting hateful discourse online; when seeking out ways to hurt others becomes a leisure activity. Of course the same applies in real life interactions.

Those are my initial thoughts. Plenty more where that came from. I've got a lot of experience around shitty behavior. :sweatsmile:

The very simple answer is: ME
giphy.gif

Then fix it.
Everytime I fix anything I notice I'm the only one doing anything while everyone else I have ever met slacks off and does nothing. I'd rather not get disappointed in people again so I think I'm fine, plus who cares there's better people.

Everytime I fix anything I notice I'm the only one doing anything while everyone else I have ever met slacks off and does nothing. I'd rather not get disappointed in people again so I think I'm fine, plus who cares there's better people.
Who cares what other people are doing.