[INFP] - How should an INFP approach an ESTP? | INFJ Forum

[INFP] How should an INFP approach an ESTP?

RyuTech

Community Member
Dec 17, 2016
Germany
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
2w1
Was just researching the whole sociotype thing and it actually states that as an infp i'd need someone like an estp to keep me on track.

I really do agree on that actually cause i like beeing pushed but how should someone like me (infp male) approach an estp (woman)?

My concerns are that i dont have much extravagant to offer im not as lively as an estp and would totally be unable to talk to one without thinking "What the fuck am i doing?"

Id feel so weak and boring >.< Any Suggestions and Thoughts?

approach them with great caution :blush:
This whole idea that we need someone opposite to us who can push us out of our comfort zones seems wrong for me. Life is hard enough already. I would always choose someone where the interaction is easier and feels more natural.

Reactions: t5juyt and Soulfire
Ask them how their family has been. Shake their hand.

Why the emphasis on ESTP?

Also: trying to incorporate MBTI into your dating strategy seems myopic at best. Whatever you payoff you get will likely come at the expense of other more important considerations.

Reactions: endersgone
I'm of the same view as CosmIc...in my opinion, opposites make relationships harder later on into the relationship...it's cute at first but over the years it becomes extremely hard because you do not think or see things the same way.

INFJs or INFPs go very well with same type or with the extroverted versions of those two IMO but that doesnt mean your relationship wont work out with other types. It just might not be as rewarding for you...

I have a pretty good male ESTP friend. He has never kept me on track. (Keep yourself on track). In our younger years, all we did was get drunk and argue and act irresponsible. And it was fun. He seemed to like to hang out with quieter more laid back people. His best friend I'm pretty sure is an INFJ.

If you believe you have nothing to offer, the other person will sense that vibe. Then you've already damned the whole thing. Don't worry about what you have to offer them, but go into the interaction interested in getting to know them. The rest will sort itself out.

Also, I wouldn't recommend going after a specific type. Be open instead of limiting yourself to looking for a specific thing.

Reactions: Soulfire and t5juyt
Thanks for all the answers so far. I though about it a bit myself and yea it would be really difficult to get along but if you manage that theres no other personality type who would complement you more because youre good at things your partner is bad at and your bad at things your parter is good at. It does seem interesting to me since im an infp keeping my options open but it would need much self confidence to get a straight up approach. The most realistic way i could think of is an estp and an infp get stuck in an elavator together which forces them to talk or something :D