How much does it take?

Nox

One
Aug 29, 2011
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6 = 1w9 > 2w1
How much does it take for someone to be let into your "inner world"?
What is his/her qualifications for you to let him/her in?
Is the standard different when YOU are attracted to him/her? If yes, how so?
Is the standard different when HE/SHE is attracted you? If yes, how so?

Your inputs are much appreciated.

-A M/INTJ who is attracted to a F/INFJ.

Reactions: Sensiko and Gaze

A great deal of time and a genuine effort to understand me as a person instead of an idea ("friend", "boyfriend", "son" etc all carry connotations and social dynamics independent of the actual person). Usually I end up just reflecting what the person wants to see so they feel better about their worldview, though. Much easier than straining to be understood by someone who, frankly, probably won't appreciate the difference.

Not a sheep, basically. Preferably with a mind and life separate from the Hive.

Yes - it's much harder to get in. I rarely trust myself to do the best thing emotionally, so I clamp down on the access levers. I let "friends" in easier than potential companions because rejection from friends is much easier to bounce back from than someone I really want to connect with on all levels.

See answer to first question.

All in all, it isn't easy to enter my internal temple. I misdirect and reflect most attempts to find it; attempted intrusions are not taken kindly.

I really don't know the answer to this question. Can there, indeed, be an answer? It baffles me. I guess you just have to be lucky.

Your inputs are much appreciated.

-A M/INTJ who is attracted to a F/INFJ.

Only people with their own inner-world have a chance of admission. After that, only those with similar, or at least non-conflicting, inner-worlds are welcome to stay.

People I want to include in my "inner world" really only get fragments because it's very difficult to articulate some things.

-depends on the person. not a specific type but a particular kind of person, someone who has no hangups about who or what someone should be; someone who can get along with almost anyone but can relate to everyone as individuals, not an undifferentiated mass. Someone who understands that difference is not deficient.

-Be someone who makes you feel comfortable and who is fairly trustworthy. Be honest and avoid pretense. Don't assume you know the person based on initial impressions or have them figured out. Let that person reveal themselves as they choose. Take someone as is, not as you want them to be.

- yeah, but it depends on the person. Sometimes, I'll let someone in just based on attraction but that's a bad idea. So, now I will hold out for someone who I can be honest with, without having to project some desirable image or impression.

- No, it isn't. Unless I am interested in them, nothing changes. I would probably do the opposite, which is become more reserved or withdrawn.

Warning. Beware. Danger. Restricted area. Forbidden. Private property. Not a playground. Keep out. No unauthorised access. Trespassers will be shot. Welcome.

(oh ps that was meant to be in allcaps but the forum doesn't trust others to use allcaps responsibly for which i am being punished.)

People I want to include in my "inner world" really only get fragments because it's very difficult to articulate some things.

This is how I feel also.

I find that it very much depends on the person. In general, my walls are intense but occasionally someone will be very disarming. I think those people end up being very good for me. I think first impressions sometimes reflect what the relationship will look like.

I'm disarmed by honesty. Either those who're closed off but clearly don't lie well or those who are naturally open. I also like people who I feel that I can learn from.

I don't think it matters whether I'm attracted to them or the other way around. I don't let anyone in unless there's mutual attraction/appreciation on some level.

Reactions: Gaze

I'm disarmed by honesty. Either those who're closed off but clearly don't lie well or those who are naturally open. I also like people who I feel that I can learn from.

I don't think it matters whether I'm attracted to them or the other way around. I don't let anyone in unless there's mutual attraction/appreciation on some level.

+1