[INFJ] - How is the F and J function emotionally? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] How is the F and J function emotionally?

Dec 7, 2014
Indonesia
MBTI
INTJ
I'm confused my state emotions right now.

1. I feel empathy to others but very briefly, like if I know someone is heading towards falling a cliff, if I didnt say anything I would feel guilty, however once I delivered my piece of mind about it, all of the feelings were instantly gone and i dont give a crap anymore about the outcome of that person. If they took my advice and avoid the cliff, then its good, if not, well, happy falling off a cliff.

2. I know what is right and wrong from the standard of my society, but, I created my own standard (and never felt any guilt before I crossed it) because I dont believe my society is "correct" even though they are the majority. If someone asked for my advice, I always have 2 sets of advices, the honest (my standard + dont care about others but myself) and polite (socially accepted or standard behaviour). However, I would never do something that let someone else getting hurt or at disadvantage because of my standard (well, not really, depends on the level of importance of the people and my limit of 'oh that's bad')

3. I cried often. I cried at siblings and best friend wedding, sad movies, at a bar when I see my best friend cheating at his wife, disappointed at who he is now, the path he took, etc etc, but it only lasted seconds or a minute and then I didnt feel sad any more. The feelings never lingered (Did I hide it somewhere?? but if something didnt affected me directly, I tend to not think about it)

What do you guys think? Am I an F or J?

*apologize for any grammar mistakes*

Can't say I'm that good at typing, but a thought that came to mind was - are you more concerned with doing what is right or helping someone? I got a Fi vibe, maybe Te-Fi but then again I'm probably the wrong person to answer.

If you haven't already you might be interested in looking into underlying functions, e.g. extroverted feeling (Fe) vs introverted feeling (Fi).

I'd go for INTJ too. I don't like the function typology too much.

the honest (my standard + dont care about others but myself)
If I give you a piece of this. Yesterday I read a lot on socio and psychopaths. While reading through your post it ringed some sociopath bells. But then I read that you might be an INTJ and I was like: "Oh that's pretty much the same"

What makes you think you are an F?

Can't say I'm that good at typing, but a thought that came to mind was - are you more concerned with doing what is right or helping someone? I got a Fi vibe, maybe Te-Fi but then again I'm probably the wrong person to answer.

If you haven't already you might be interested in looking into underlying functions, e.g. extroverted feeling (Fe) vs introverted feeling (Fi).

hmm I always thing what is right for ME, because majority is not always right. But I only do whats right for ME to the extend that I wouldnt hurt anybody, if someone else will have a negative impact because of whats right for ME from MY standard, I wont do it.. I will follow majority even if it against my believe. I seek win/win for everyone.

I'd go for INTJ too. I don't like the function typology too much.

the honest (my standard + dont care about others but myself)
If I give you a piece of this. Yesterday I read a lot on socio and psychopaths. While reading through your post it ringed some sociopath bells. But then I read that you might be an INTJ and I was like: "Oh that's pretty much the same"

What makes you think you are an F?

I always think I have 2 sets of mind inside me, A is for problems that directly impacting me, B is other people's problem.
A : I think me first, cold blooded, very selfish but rational and logical. I dont believe in majority is the 'right standard' of living, I have my own judgement.
B : I became righteous with social standard, I dont use my own judgment any more, because I dont wont people to feel guilty, (well if it were me, as long as it havent crossed my standard, i wont feel guilty).

i have no idea how to explain myself.. A in heart and B in mouth and mind, they co-exist

In this case, I do suggest reading about Jungian Cognitive Function, in particular about Fi. It fits quite well with your description.

And herein lies the difference between Jungian Cognitive Function and-- plain MBTI. INFJ and INTJ uses quite a different function.

Hrrm. Well, if you want to isolate the function you use as feelings, there are two. There is the one where you are very expressive and loud. There is the one where you are good at reading faces and other such things. I believe I use the loud one. It is quite ironic, I think, because I am quiet. This is due to Ni, I'd think.

Last edited: