How I Met Your Mother characters | INFJ Forum

How I Met Your Mother characters

j654dgj7

Please delete this account.
Jun 8, 2012
MBTI
XXXX
Hey all!

How would you place the characters of How I Met Your Mother on the MBTI index? The characters I'm looking for are:

Ted Mosby

Marshall Eriksen

Barney Stinson

Lily Aldrin

Robin Scherbatsky

I can't decide on Marshall ..

Hm, hm

Ted Mosby - ISFJ

Marshall Eriksen -

Barney Stinson - ENFP

Lily Aldrin -

Robin Scherbatsky
- IXTJ, or ISTP? (actually cool character)
Lilly and Marshall -I don't know. I'd have to thik it:)

Ted - INFJ
Marshall - ESFJ
Barney - ESTP
Lily - ENFJ
Robin - ISTP

What about the cab driver? Any guesses what his type is? :p

Ranjit! Haha! Hmm .. No clue, he's not in it that much, but maybe an ISFJ? Or ISTJ? :)

I could see Marshall going a lot of ways - I don't know if he's an xNxx or xSxx ..

I actually think Marshall is more ENFP than my original guesstimate of ESFJ.

I'd say Ranjit is an ISxJ. Unsure as to T or F.

Ted Mosby- ??? No idea ...ENFP

Marshall Eriksen -ESTJ or ESFJ

Barney Stinson- ESTP

Lily Aldrin- ISFP or INFP

Robin Scherbatsky ISTP

So far, we all agree that Robin is probably ISTP...
Barney - well, for me he is kind of someone with Ne: all that dreamy ideas, imagination, sort of strange idealism etc.:) ENFP...

Ted- INFJ or ISFJ
Marshall- ENFJ or ENFP
Lily- ENFP or INFP
Barney- ENTJ
Robin-ISTP

Ted Mosby- I'd say borderline INFJ/ISFJ

Marshall Eriksen - ESFJ

Barney Stinson- ENTP

Lily Aldrin- ESFx

Robin Scherbatsky-???

[MENTION=5735]Linnyya[/MENTION]
Well, Marshall could be ESFJ...I can see that....Fe function, he is outgoing, goodnatured + SJ tendencies (family values etc.)
Lily - more I think, more is she P for me...: maybe ISFP or INFP (good with children, art tendecies, somehow more nontraditionalist than Marshall)...

Hm, hm, so after few posts, my final answers...with explanations

Ted - ISFJ - caring, warm, emotional, strong family values (well, he tells his children story from the past of family:)
Robin ISTP - nonstereotypical female, strong, likes adrenalin (guns and similar interests), cool (somehow, all ISTPs I know are pretty cool persons:)
Marshall - ESFJ (explained in this post)
Lily - INFP (explained, plus rather well balanced INFP, lively version of type)
Barney - ENFP....I don't see him as T, no way...and he has strong Ne from my point of view...

[MENTION=933]Seraphim[/MENTION]
I agree Ted is not INFJ, I don't know why people type him that way...He is ISFJ, nice example of it. Others make me more confusion to type...

It's the myriad of idealistic and romanticized points of view and actions that lead me to believe NF type. He also seems to be a big picture first person, further leading me to believe N type. Given that, he seems to view more in terms of depth, than breadth, which leads me to believe his intuition is introverted (Ni). His Fe is plain whether you use ISFJ or INFJ. His Ni/Ti influence is plain to me though I'm not quite sure how to verbalize it. He also has that little flare of Se in the way he likes some of the finer things in life, or in how he has a certain style in clothing (or the hair!). His personality type to me, screams Ni+Fe+Ti+Se = INFJ.

Plus he reminds me a lot like me, which I am both thrilled and repulsed by. (I am definitely not an ISFJ! :D )

Marshall is difficult. I keep going back and forth on ENFP vs ESFJ. But you are right, thinking of a few INFPs and ENFPs I know, they seem to appear Fe, but it is only because, for some of them, one of their Fi values is to make others happy or at least not to let anyone else feel sad. Offend a core value though and the anger switch is flipped instantly. :/ He otherwise definitely presents a strong Ne, always amused by new and interesting things and what possibilities they could bring.

Lily, I'm when I typed her as ENFJ, it didn't quite feel right, but can't put my finger on it. I can see the INFP too. But it's just her incessant need to meddle behind the scenes... I'll have to think about it more. -- After thinking about it more, I concede to the INFP conclusion. Very strong Fi, offend a core value also flips the anger switch instantly, but more intensely than Marshall or any other ENFP, combined with the "your dead to me" gaze... :S As it becomes more obvious to me now, just as Lily's Fi seems stronger than Marshall's, her Ne is apparent, but is definitely to a lesser degree than Marshall's.

Barney is difficult because I can't decide betwen Se and Ne, though the rest is definitely ExTP.

Last edited: