How has the GOP fixed the economy? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How has the GOP fixed the economy?

How were we supposed to pay for the wars? was the plan just to borrow the money?

Someone along the line discarded the spoils of war. We fight for survival without taking to pay for what others have cost us.
Every time I read of terrorists being killed with Predator drones and Hellfire missiles and the likes, I have to wonder who will win in the war of attrition. How much does it cost to kill a terrorist? Someone will come along that will remember how wars are fought. Problem is, most people will not support what is needed to survive. They fight dirty. May be the only way they can fight, but it is much cheaper than our methods. Nuclear armed with ICBM technology and financed with oil money, we are facing a moment of decision in our history on how to deal with our enemies. We stand by idly and watch them get more enriched with war devices. We are playing with fire. I feel for the average everyday people of the world.

[h=2]How has the GOP fixed the economy?[/h]

- By undoing PayGo provisions during the Bush era, so that we could spend more without raising taxes and rack up massive debts.
- Lowering taxes for investors, so that while spending increased, tax revenues to offset those increases were diminished.
- Helping fuel the housing bubble in various ways, though Dems find more blame on this issue.
- Starting wars so that spending really skyrocketed.

And then he came, the slayer of economies, our savior, Obama.

During his first two years he ramrodded communist policy down America's throat and that's why we had to elect the worthless GOP back.

Basically I really can't sympathize with either side and lean libertarian. Not nutcase libertarian, a moderate form of it that is closer to McCain's political stance before he ran for president. The libertarian party is nutcase, though, since they advocate the repeal of the IRS, which just isn't possible.

I think we just need to scrap our government and start over. Things haven't gotten so bad yet that we've come to revolution, but on present course we'll get there in the next 100 years. We'll have to throw one of those middle east style street marches in every major city to fix things.

It's not that we can't have disagreement and different political parties... just who made the two we have so friggen stupid?

Per one of our Senators in his newseletter today I am happy enough to get, our government as of August 2 will be operating at $4 billion dollars less than we are taking in............a day.

Conjectorally speaking, that will grossly change after the famed next April 15th. If this were a business it would be closed down.....or bailed out by the government...heh.

we've been spending money that doesn't exist since FDR