How do you hold onto Jesus? | INFJ Forum

How do you hold onto Jesus?

How do you hold onto Jesus?

• I think of him whenever I'm hugging my pillow.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I think of him whenever I'm hugging my boyfriend.

• Jesus, a human being, died and that's it. So, no, we don't get to "hold onto" any person.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I envision Jesus in front of me and interact with him.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I envision myself leaning on Jesus' shoulders/bosom.

• I leave an extra seat at my Passover seder meal in case Jesus decides to show up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live and let live. I live my life without bothering Jesus.

• I pray.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I remember him occasionally during my journey toward Enlightenment.

• There's a picture of Jesus on my wall.

• Total voters

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
I'm probably one of the more touchy feely types. This was confirmed when I took the "Love Languages" test. So yes, I get just a liiiiiittle depressed when I don't have someone to hold onto (or lean against).

I was once part of a worship service (ostensibly non-denominational but basically Evangelical :wink:) which was dedicated to healing, and the prayer counselor that I chose told me to imagine Jesus standing in front of me while I "hand over to him" my pains and burdens. Ever since, I've decided to envision the person of Jesus facing me and even recently being available to hold onto.

With the hype about the shroud of Turin, I wonder if our pictures of Jesus are becoming more accurate or not :)

"The disciple Jesus loved was sitting next to Jesus at the table." (NLT)

"There was one of his disciples who was supported in his bosom, for whom Yeshua had great affection." (Aramaic in Plain English)

"There was reclining on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved." (NASB)

Last edited:
Reactions: mochi
Personally, holding onto Jesus may not explain it well. I might not be able to explain it well right now. None of the above.

I need to revote.

I talk to him.