how do you feel about people who sew their hearts onto their sleeves? | INFJ Forum

how do you feel about people who sew their hearts onto their sleeves?

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Phoenix Down, Jul 3, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by Phoenix Down
  1. Phoenix Down

Phoenix Down Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTP
    Enneagram:
    3w?
    Is the patch stylish or tacky?

also wearing your intentions on your sleeve... is that any different?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gloomy-optimist

gloomy-optimist Used to live here

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxJ
    Enneagram:
    4w3
    In my opinion, it's tacky. But then again, that could be because I personally find it somewhat difficult to relate to. In some ways, it is kind of nice, I guess, because you always know what they're feeling and (usually) why.

As for intentions...that's a little bit better. Intentions are usually harder to pin-point, but they're generally good to know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. middle1

middle1 Hellur

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Undecided
    Hmm sometimes I wear it around the few people I'm close to, so I'd say tacky. I see others who I would say are pretty emotional and consider them the types that wear their hearts on their sleeves. Its like a cry for attention and its exhausting watching that roller coaster. So I try not to be a drama queen.

Sometimes people don't realize they wear their intentions on their sleeves, and its sickening when they are out for themselves.

4. Questingpoet

Questingpoet Not Afraid to Use His Beard
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Is wearing your intentions on your sleeve any different? Of course it is! Wearing your heart (emotions) on you sleeve as opposed to your intentions (actions) are two totally different things. If you have a different meaning, you need to make it clearer. Otherwise the answer is an obvious "NO"!

As to your first question, you are going to get a lot of different answers but mine is an unequivocal--sometimes. There is nothing wrong with being an emotional and feeling type of person. But if you can't control those emotions, if you let them rule you, then yes that is a problem. The best type of person in my opinion is someone who can be empathic, caring, kind, yet still be in control of their emotions. Yes, that is the pie-in-the-sky ideal, but a perfect blend of F and T is very attractive to most of us. A feeler who can think and control those feelings is very attractive in most instances.

Given a choice though, I'll take the feeler who wears her emotions on her sleeves every time!

5. jyrffw54

jyrffw54 שכינה עוֹלֶה

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Personally, I just say to each their own. I wouldn't exactly call it tacky, but sometimes it does get annoying when a person will tell you their opinion about every single little thing that they observe, and there is a fine line between being genuinely honest and open with your emotions and being obnoxious with expressing everything you feel. In some cases, you definitely shouldn't wear your heart on your sleeve, just for the sake of common courtesy. For instance, if you are at a celebration and there is that one person who can't seem to be happy about anything, so he proceeds to criticize every detail of the party. Nobody likes a party pooper and that kind iof behaviour is just downright irritating. If you aren't in the mood to celebrate, then why are you at the party?

6. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    Agree.

7. OP
    Phoenix Down

Phoenix Down Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTP
    Enneagram:
    3w?
    true... nobody likes a debbie downer:m058:

8. Trifoilum

Trifoilum find wisdom, build hope.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    I agreed.... when one don't like something, one doesn't have to express it all the time. I think I'm somewhat this, but it baffles me that I and some people seems to assume (and work on based on) that wearing one's heart on the sleeve equals being obnoxious and whiny?

I think that's kinda wrong. (NOTE, SELF)D: It looks like they're patching their heart-shaped insecurities and hatred instead.

9. Silently Honest

Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    YANG
    Tacky. Like a sweater vest worn in the middle of July.

10. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Yeah they suck... he says as he reads his poetry from 6 years ago...