How do YOU deal with incompetent jerks? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do YOU deal with incompetent jerks?

You both immediately responded with some of my most favorite things ever. You are both truly my people @Reason @JennyDaniella

*does the space coyote rain dance or something*

To be fair I also double down on stupid sometimes... it's important to not do that.

LEARN FROM IT

giphy.gif

INFJ forum bans all 'Nazis', then covers the entire forum with HITLER! Bwahahahahahahahahhhhhh.

To me there are two questions here: how I deal with incompetence and how I deal with jerks.

In general, I can forgive incompetence unless it is sustained and multi-faceted. If possible, I try to encourage the incompetent person towards areas they suck less at. If I can’t do that, I minimize my contact with them as much as possible.

I almost always call jerks out, especially if I know for certain that I am better equipped for the task than they are or if I know more than they do. It surprises people when I get confrontational because I’m not really an imposing sort of person, but I have a very low tolerance for assholes, especially ones who are so obviously making fools of themselves.

cid=e1bb72ff5b3f9fab3871634e4dcac291[/img]
No, seriously, I start with respect and kindness, if they prove to be more toxic than struggling with their own stuff, it makes me feel they are acting this way on purpose, it's then that I just don't interact with them, unless it's part of the job, then it's simply interacting with civility. :D

Same for me. If it gets too bad and I can't avoid, I'll just stonewall.

I find that the Incompetent Jerks are fairly easy to deal with. It's the COMPETENT jerks that scare the pants off me - flee like a hobbit from a black rider and don't look back. These guys can foul up your life good and proper.

giphy.gif

It's the COMPETENT jerks that scare the pants off me - flee like a hobbit from a black rider and don't look back. These guys can foul up your life good and proper.
Only if you let them ;) I am beginning to believe that the mature INFJ has been gifted with the wisdom to "shape-shift" through the function stack as a means for dealing with insensitive competent jerks as well as incompetent jerks. That way we are left alone to enjoy our magic bubble.

Maybe this was what Jung meant by the function fluxuations in an INFJ (?)
Also, perhaps why all the memes of Yoda and the Hulk...just a thought :D

Or...lol
FB_IMG_1502233421918.jpg

Only if you let them ;) I am beginning to believe that the mature INFJ has been gifted with the wisdom to "shape-shift" through the function stack as a means for dealing with insensitive competent jerks as well as incompetent jerks. That way we are left alone to enjoy our magic bubble.

Maybe this was what Jung meant by the function fluxuations in an INFJ (?)
Also, perhaps why all the memes of Yoda and the Hulk...just a thought :D

Or...lol
View attachment 43340

Oh yes! - and INFJ chameleon skin has got me out of many a tricky situation as well.

Love the military option :laughing:

It seems like there is a correlation between T/F preference and how much perceived incompetence bothers people (which seems intuitive).

We Ts are just grumpy gooses (rather than geese).

Not just INTPs - got lots of this. I daren't ask my wife about how I project stuff ….

True, but dominant Ti makes this a bigger concern for us. We care so much about being logical and correct sometimes at the expense of connecting with others (Fe). I was awful about this when I was younger, and a few of my INTP friends are bad about this to the day.

INTPs are fucked d00d. We secretly want Feelers to hug the hard logic out of our cold, empty souls.

Reactions: John K