How do INFJ's handle pressure | INFJ Forum

How do INFJ's handle pressure

sookie

On Holiday
Oct 29, 2009
MBTI
INFX
I am feeling very pressured today. I am writing this on a break. I was curious to how you all handle pressure and deadlines?

I am feeling very pressured today. I am writing this on a break. I was curious to how you all handle pressure and deadlines?

I learned this from my grandpa:

Stop thinking and start doing. Hard for me to do, but it works.

Also, just let it go when you start acting. Unless lives are depending on your job, remember that the planet won't stop spinning just because you are worked up. Reelaaax. Smile. Do the next most important thing and keep going. Remember that you are skilled at what you do. You do it well. Enjoy it, and get in the moment. Beat the work.

I have difficulty handling pressure, especially deadline oriented projects. The more time I have, the more time it takes me to complete it. I struggle with this quite a bit, and it's a work in progress. I've rarely found a simple solution. It's more a matter of taking one situation, task, or project at a time since each has it's own unique difficulties and constraints.

I procrastinate :B

But seriously, I have a lot of stress-management techniques -- I work ahead to avoid pressure in the first place, I make lists and write down things I might forget, and I try to stay laid-back and optimistic. I also learned not to be afraid to ask for assistance when I need it and stuff like that.

Everytime I read the title of the post I fill in the word badly at the end,lol. At least for me...

I procrastinate :B

But seriously, I have a lot of stress-management techniques -- I work ahead to avoid pressure in the first place, I make lists and write down things I might forget, and I try to stay laid-back and optimistic.
I also learned not to be afraid to ask for assistance when I need it and stuff like that.

^^ This. Except I never ask for help. Maybe I should start; I'd probably stress a lot less :/

Last edited:
^^ This. Except I never ask for help. Maybe I should start.

It actually helps a lot, and a lot of people are willing to help if you ask. In a school setting, I find being able to ask for help from teachers, the administration, and other students to be really invaluable.

Different people have different skills, and through collaboration, we can really make things easier for each other :)

It actually helps a lot, and a lot of people are willing to help if you ask. In a school setting, I find being able to ask for help from teachers, the administration, and other students to be really invaluable.

Different people have different skills, and through collaboration, we can really make things easier for each other :)

Oh, I don't doubt that other people are skilled, or that perhaps they'd be willing to help. I'm just stubborn as a mule. If I'm not juggling twenty things at once, or at least on the threshold of developing an aneurism, I feel... naked.
Or irresponsible.

Which is stupid, because this not-asking-for-help business is exactly what got me into a lot of trouble in the past. About time I learned my lesson.

And if there's any INfJ's like me, perhaps the other thing that characterizes us under pressure is the fact that we heap on a lot of it ourselves...

Last edited: