How do I stop being so messy?? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How do I stop being so messy??

if you have a large mess that seems unmanageable i'm very down with what siamese cat is saying. people hold onto things for the wrong reasons. get rid of things you don't need or use. sell them or trash them. even things with memories attached to them: the memories are the meaningful part and will still be there when you get rid of the material object. if memories need a material object to sustain their meaning then they aren't that meaningful anyway. start somewhere small, the more you chip away at the mess the more apparent it becomes what needs to be done next and how to achieve it. i used to be a hoarder and i am finishing the last of this process in my life now. it has been worthwhile.

For me when I am bored I may clean up. My guess is to make it a habit, or try to find some type of motivation for cleaning.

It's easy as snapping your fingers apparently. Disney wouldn't lie to me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5IW9wK_HNg"]YouTube- Mary Poppins: A Spoonful Of Sugar[/ame]

[YOUTUBE]JzuLFe1k6PY[/YOUTUBE]

Let this guy adopt you. :m168:

I'm only neat when I'm unorganized, and everything is packed away so that I do not know where it is.
I can only be organized with a little bit of mess.

**NOTE - This has nothing to do with cleanliness. I need my space/house/apartment to be clean and lacking dirt/germs/dust or else I am bothered.

I don't enjoy cleaning most of the time, so I constantly look for ways to make it easier. These are the things I learned over the years.

One of the best time to clean is if you're bored or in need of a pick me up, but are not too lethargic. Another good time is at a set point in the day, like when you first get up (ie: do a 10 minute tidy up). For a lot of people, they will feel better after their house is clean. So just do it.

One part of being clean is just paying attention at the right time. Like if you're going to the kitchen, look around for plates, cups, or garbage and take them along on the way. You conserve effort that way since you dont have to make a separate trip and if it becomes habitual then it doesnt feel like a chore.

If you tend to be a messy cook, simply clean up while you're waiting for your food to cook. Quickly wash out things like measuring cups, cutting boards, strainers, utensils and other things that you used in your early stage of cooking but no longer need.

If you have a dishwasher, put your dishes directly in the dishwasher rather than using the sink as a 'staging point'. It's a little bit of micro-effort each time, but it sure beats dealing with the dreaded task of loading huge amounts of dishes, as well it keeps your counters clean.

Also, good music never hurts.

Last edited: